Ch. 1

Mirror Mirror where'd you go?

"Harry, what are you doing?" Harry Jumped his wand waving over the mirror before he thought about it. He groaned as Ron came closer.
"Ah, was that a mirror?" Ron asked waving his hand on the spot the mirror had been previously. He still felt the residual magic of Harry's mixed with something more, something powerful.
"Harry, what did you do?"
"I, ah, found the Mirror of Erised." Harry said not looking at the redhead.
"That's great, mate! Where is it?" Ron asked excited. Harry hesitated,running his hand through his hair.
"I think I just vanished it."
"What? You mean-- why?" Ron exclaimed
"Well you startled me for one." Harry said defensive.
"Harry," Ron admonished.
"It's true! That and what I saw in it." He mumbled.
"What did you see?"
"Uh, we better go see Hermione, I have no idea where I sent it to." Ron narrowed his eyes but agreed.
"Fine, I'll let you off for now."

Hermione was pouring over a book when the guys finally tracked her down in the Kitchen.
"Hermione, we need your help." Hermione made a noise to go on, never once taking her eyes of the book.
"Harry found the Mirror of Erised and then he vanished it." Hermione didn't even bother to stop reading.
"That's impossible, Ronald." She said sipping her afternoon tea.
"A magical artifact of that size and power simply cannot be vanished by any simple spell. Not to mention it should have security spells in place preventing such things."
"Well considering I saw him do it and he's Harry, anything is possible." Hermione finally looked up.
"Are you sure it was The Mirror?" She asked closing her book. Harry nodded, and was that a blush on his face?
"I know what it looks like and this was definitely it."
"Why did you vsnish it in the first place?"
"Ron startled me and I just did it." Harry said nervously. Hermione stared but ignored Harry's discomfort for a moment."Harry you have been getting stronger magically since you defeated Voldemort. Actually, I was just reading that on rare occasions in a duel to the death the winner will absorb some of the opponent's magic before he dies. I think that is what happened to you. Which is why your magic has been so erratic lately."
"Blimey, 'Mione that's not bad is it?" Ron asked fearfully.
"As far as I've read no, all it will do is give Harry a magical boost. You just have to let your magic settle and then learn to control the excess power, Harry."
"Well that's a relief but what about the mirror?"
"Well it's simple really. Harry you said you didn't mean to do it right?" Harry nodded.
"So it's a bit like accidental magic, it's stronger than controlled magic but in normal cases it wouldn't have done anything. Take into account the recent magical boost and that may be power enough to banish the mirror."
Hermione said waving her wand, a book zoomed gently into her hand."But it wouldn't really be gone. Nothing that powerful can be disappeared that easily. It has to be disposed of properly." She flipped to a section in the book and nodded.
"It says here that in place of vanishing, a powerful enough artifact will simply be relocated. Meaning it is still in existance but in another location." She smiled. Ron rolled his eyes.
"We know what 'relocated' means 'Mione." Before Hermione could retort Harry cut in,"How do we locate it?"
"I'll have to do some research." She said thinking quickly about the books she would need.
"Uh, Hermione, there isn't a chance of The Mirror ending up near muggles,is there?" Harry asked.
"Oh, I didn't think of that!" She said utterly miserable.
"There is a very good chance that it could! I need to go to the library, we need to find The Mirror before a muggle looks into it!" She dashed to the fire place and disappeared in a whirl of emerald green flames.


*Author's Note: JYJ appear in the next chapter no worries. Comments are magical! (throws confetti)