.

What have we become ?

" Ya Han Soorin. What are these ? "
Soorin looked up to her boyfriend who came back from the bathroom, terrified. Still, she managed to smile back.
" Vitamins "
" Don't give me that crap again, the etiquette says it all. Didn't you promise to stop using these ? "
Soorin looked back down to her hands and mumbled something Hongbin couldn't hear. He let out a loud sigh. This conversation was something he didn't want to have again. He looked down at the bottle of pills he was holding, devastated.
" What more of these are you hiding ? "
" That's all I have oppa, I promise I've stopped. "

Hongbin looked at her and rushed back to her bathroom, Soorin right behind her trying to stop him.
" YOU DON'T NEED TO GO THIS FAR. "
Hongbin looked to every basket and every cabinet she had, emptying them all. Ignoring the screaming girl who was hanging to him, begging to stop he headed to her bedroom.

The day was pretty, birds were singing and the warm summer breeze was playing with Soorin's hair. Hongbin was nearby taking pictures as usual, but without Soorin's knowing, he was using her as a model today. It was when she turned her head to check what he was doing that Hongbin realized again why he loved her so much. In his eyes, she was perfect - her eyes that shined innocence and pureness, her cute nose and oh her smile, when she smiled it was like the sun didn't need to shine and her angelic laugh got butterflies flying in his stomach. She was bright, happy and carefree of stressing too much. Hongbin had told her she's perfect the way she is, and she seemed to believe in it, that what was mattered to him.

" HONGBIN PLEASE "
Soorin ran after her boyfriend, trying to stop him messing the house any more. She knew she should've had hidden her medicines better somewhere he wouldn't find them. She looked her bedroom, all of her clothes been thrown around the room and her jewelry on the floor. Tears started to form in her eyes. Why did he do this. 
" Soorin. "
She looked at Hongbin who walked towards her, obviously not pleased. 
" While I'm still being nice .. "
" NICE ? YOU CALL THIS MESS NICE ? "
" You do know what I mean when I say nice. "
Soorin crossed her arms and turned her head away from him.  
" Did you think I wouldn't notice how much you've lost weight again ? "
She glanced at him. 
" You never notice anything. "
She walked out of the room.
" HAN SOORIN I'M NOT DONE TALKING. "
" WELL I AM. "
After Soorin had shouted these words back at him, she heard something break. Something that was made of glass, and she wondered if it was her mirror or her precious glass figure she'd got as a gift from him on her birthday.

The couple sat on a sofa, snuggling. Soorin had her arms around Hongbin's waist while Hongbin showed pictures he had taken lately. 
" Wait. Isn't these pictures from the day we were on a date ? "
Hongbin smiled at her, and without a respond showed more pictures.
" Hey, why am I in these pictures ? "
" I take pictures of pretty and elegant things. And cute things. You're all of them. "
Hongbin smiled widely to his girlfriend who now looked at him. Soorin smiled back at him and got up while mumbling him being cheesy. She walked to the kitchen to make tea. 
" Hongbin, wh-"
Before she could ask Hongbin what flavor did he want his tea to be, she felt his arms around her waist and his chest against her back. Soorin laughed when Hongbin snuggles against her neck.
" What flavor do you want your tea to be ? "
" Hmmm. Your flavor ? " Soorin let out a sigh in disbelief and turned around.
" Ahh you're so cheesy. When did I fall for a cheesy guy like you. "
" Hmmm. "
" I didn't expect an answer for that ! " Hongbin just couldn't stop smiling when he asked.
" How about that tea ? "
" What about it ? "
" What flavors do you have ? "
Soorin gave him a list of teas she had and turned back to Hongbin.
" I still think your flavor would be the best. "
Just when Soorin was about to hit him, Hongbin grabbed her hand she had raised up, pulled her close and as she lost her balance, he grabbed her by the waist and looked deep into her eyes. Then he smiled again. And gave a peck on her lips.
" I knew your taste would be the best. "

Soorin sat on the sofa, listening how her apartment was torn into pieces by Hongbin. She just wished she had hidden everything else well enough, for him not to find out. All the recipes she didn't even keep at home, he couldn't find them in any way. Suddenly, it became quiet. The silence scared Soorin more than the sound of her stuff being thrown around. She heard steps coming forward. What did he find, or was he giving up.

" What are you taking daily ? "
" These ? Oh, just vitamins "
Hongbin snatched the bottle of pills from Soorin and read the etiquette - ' For intense weight loss '. He stared at her, taking her bag and searching what was in it. He found few more bottles of pills. ' For good, deep sleep ' and ' Vitamins ' they said. He looked at Soorin with a worried face. 
" Honey, what are these weight loss pills for ? "
" .. So I could lose weight more. "
" Can you not sleep well ? "
" Yeah, that's why I have those .. "
" Vitamins I get but why did you never tell me about these others ? How long have you been taking them ? "
" For months now .. "
The silence in the room was awkward. Hongbin was speechless what to say to his beloved. She was suffering, and he hadn't had any idea.
" I'm sorry .. "
It was Soorin's turn to be shocked. Boy, who she loved more than anything was apologizing him for no reason. It made her feel worse than she already was. She looked at her hand when Hongbin took it into his. He slightly her hand with his palm, apologizing many more times.
" I don't know why you're doing this, you were perfect even before any of this crap. I'm sorry for not notizing how bad you felt. I'll try to become a man you can depend on any situation. I'll try to do better. I love you, please. Don't use these anymore. It'll just hurt you. "
He had gotten Soorin crying. ' Why did I let random comments of someone else ruin my life for me, when all I really need is in front of me right now. I shouldn't worry about anything else, I love this man. Only he needs to accept me, right ? ' She was broken from her thoughts with Hongbin wiping her tears. Soorin tried to talk between her sobbing.
" No, Hongbin, I'm sorry. I'll stop using these. I didn't mean to hurt you. "
He just pulled her close and held her in his embrace until she calmed down.
" Not, let's throw these away, shall we ? "


Hongbin sat next to you, leaving space between you.
" I found your sleeping pills. I found your vitamins. There's also alcohol in the kitchen. Soorin, just .. I thought we were done with this. Am I really that bad to you ? "
Soorin didn't look at him. He still hadn't found her weight loss medicines, that was the main point. She heard the rain starting slowly hitting the windows. Just great. They had a fight again and if it'd thunger tonight, she'd die all alone of fright.
" Who doesn't have alcohol in the house these days. "
Hongbin sighed and looked at Soorin.
" Are you still hooked on these things ? "
She shook her head.
" Then it's fine for me to get rid of these, right ? "
She didn't want to, but nodded anyway. She heard Hongbin walk to the trashcan and but before he could drop the bottles, Soorin had jumped up, stole the medicines and ran to the bathroom. She got it locked just before Hongbin got in.

Soorin heard how Hongbin was knocking, well more like smashing, the locked door. She sat up on the bathroom floor, finally crying after tripping over. She glanced the bottle in her hand, shattered. Blood was dripping out of her wounds the glass had made, and the pills were all around the floor. The room was a mess, esactly like she was inside. Since when did their relationship start going downhill. Since when was she going downhill. She didn't know why. Her pills felt like they were her only escape. All the countless fights they had were tiring her more and more, anything she did, she didn't feel like she was enough.

Behind the door, he had crashed against the wall and held back his tears. He gave up with trying to get into the locked room. What had he done wrong to make her feel so miserable ? What was wrong with him that she kept making herself worse ? Was she tired of him ? 
" Soorin .. What have we become ? " he whispered, hearing the endless sobs behind the door.  He didn't know why. All the countless fights were tiring him more and more, and affecting his career as a singer. Anything he did, he didn't feel like he was enough.