Chapter Two

Fate and Destiny [Akashi x Fem!Kuroko]

Notes: Please look up for Silver Sky - Nano in YouTube before you start reading, it will be the accompanying song in this chapter !

Beta-ed by our lovely imKimTheWriter ! Thank you kimmy!


Up until graduation day, he never succeeded in finding the owner of the blue muffler that has kept him warm on that snowy night. Never in his life has he found such sincerity in anyone's touch; all he can remember from that evening was a vivid beautiful soft blue locks. He came to a conclusion that the pianist who was playing the grand piano in the second music room could be the very same person who has given up her muffler for him.

He even went as far as hacking into the students' profiles in the school locked database to find a certain female student with shoulder length blue locks, but even after all that work, it all came to nothing. No such student ever attended Teiko Private High School.

He wasn't sure of himself why he went as far as this to find the owner of the muffler. But maybe because…the only person that ever made him crave for such gentle touch was the person who owns the muffler.

...

Was it love?

...

He chuckled lightly at his silly thoughts as his hetero orbs focused on the white board at the front while the lecturer explained the subject for the morning class they were having. He fiddled with his blue pen in his fingers while resting his chin on his left palm.

.

.

Impossible, no one would be brave enough to approach him. He was sure to make sure that he doesn't get close to anyone all these years. 
So, who is she…?

.

.

He sighed inwardly as the class finally ended for the day. Even his classmates kept a distance from him. Each time they spoke to him for an assignment, they would stutter. Not because he's the well-known Akashi Seijuro of the Generation of Miracles, a band that made a hit in the top 3 music charts after its first debut when they were in high school. But it was because he is the heir of the Akashi Corporation, a massive company that has business in hotels all around the globe.

It was to be expected. Here he is, attending a local university which commonly attended by lower classes of the society, Tokyo University of Arts. He never minded the society classes; to him, everyone is equal. His father once questioned him on his motives on attending such common university instead of studying abroad where he can easily be accepted into one of New York's prestigious universities. He couldn't remember what was his excuse for attending Tokyo University of Arts instead of attending taking business studies in New York University.

Apart from having countless offers from universities, local and abroad, his band is also popular all over the globe. He wouldn't even need to continue studying since he has a stable contract with several entertainment agencies. He would have done so if his father has not put so much pressure and expectations on him. Of course studying is important to be a better person in later life, but sometimes, he's bored of it. But who was he to go against his father's and mother's orders.

From the corner of his eyes, he could feel slight stares from the students around him; some of them quickly gave way to the red-haired singer. He wondered how long he has to endure such treatment. He wanted to be normal. He uncomfortably shifted his guitar bag slightly on his right shoulder while on the other is his backpack filled with books and his laptop. He was lost in his thoughts until someone bumped into him that caused both of them to fall on their rears. Akashi blinked several times when he noticed the reference books on the ground then to the person opposite to him. His eyes widened. The same blue locks he once saw two years ago on the evening of the snowy night.

"TETSU!" A tall dark crimson haired teen ran towards the two of them. The moment he reached them, he quickly helped the shorter girl, gathering all the books that have fallen to the ground and getting her back on her two feet. Akashi were caught off guard, he was too lose in his thoughts when the taller male gave a cold glare to him.

"You okay, Tetsu? You didn't hurt yourself, did you?"

The teal haired girl shook her head slightly, trying to stop the nonstop worried questions from her friend. Taking her backpack from the taller male, she glanced at the red-haired male in front of her. She smiled.

"I'm sorry for not looking where I was walking" She gave a slight bow. Then Akashi realized the awkward conversation and the endless gaze thrown to him by everyone around him.

"No, it's alright. It's partly my fault as well. So please, do not apologize." His hetero orbs did not leave the bluenette's figure in front of him. She looked so familiar; her teal locks resembled so much just like the person who gave him the muffler.

"Excuse me for prying, but did you ever attend Teiko Private High School before?" Akashi mentally hit himself in his head; of course she never attended the same high school as his. He never even saw her around the school. Come to think of it, it's the first time he saw this particular student in the campus area after attending this university for the past two years.

"I did…actually both me and Taiga here attended it, two years ago." She answered, her friend that she calls Taiga, threw his gaze to the fountain nearby. He gave Akashi an I-dislike-you vibe.

Okay, so she did attend Teiko, but why couldn't he find her name in the list.

From the looks of it, she must be in one of the Music department in the university. The pile of reference books in the taller male's arms gave them away.

"I see…I must have missed the two of you before the graduation day. Did you two transfer to another school?" He replied, his orbs shifted from the taller male to the shorter girl in front of him, he noticed the slight frown on her face before quickly replacing it with an unreadable expression.

"Well…we should be going now before we get late for our next class. I'll see you around, Akashi." The duo quickly left the red-haired singer, leaving Akashi to ponder on the unreadable expression that the bluenette has earlier. In fact, what made him ponder even more was they didn't reply with a proper reply in his question.

'Did something happen two years ago?'

"Akashi-chii, who are you staring at?" A chirpy voice approached him along with another two. Nonetheless, the only one that would add such suffix to his name would be none other than Kise Ryota, the band's keyboardist and also a model to several companies around the globe. Behind the blonde haired keyboardist were the navy blue haired guitarist, Aomine Daiki, and tallest among the band members, a drummer, Murasakibara Atsushi.

"Ryota, you are being too loud. Lower your voice." Akashi retorted. Kise followed the red-haired singer's line of sight that immediately fell onto a certain teal haired girl that was talking with a tall red-haired teen.

"Ah, it seems she's well enough to attend classes today. It's been a while since I last saw her." Kise said, gaining the attention of the shorter red head.

"Do you know her?"

"Oh? Someone caught the eyes of the almighty Akashi Seijuro? Who is it?!" Aomine grinned as he slung his arms around the blonde next to him. Kise nearly stumbled forward.

"Aka-chin, Luka-chin wouldn't like it if she knew about this…" Murasakibara mumbled as he stuffed more chips into his mouth. Akashi ignored. Luka, his current girlfriend. It made him wonder how the two of them did get together. Oh, wait. It was an arranged marriage. His parents think that Luka is the best candidate for him; however things didn't go too smoothly lately, she often argues with him. Stubborn, he said.

"That's Kuroko Tetsuki-chii. She's a pianist, a really good one at that. I heard she sings too, but…she would never sing in front of the class. Oh! She's in the same class as mine and my partner during classes too, so I often see her during piano classes whenever her health lets her attend the lectures. But lately, she hasn't been attending it much…" He trailed off.

"She is ill?" Akashi's curious tone caught the attention of the trio. The usual Akashi Seijuro would never be so interested in someone, let alone someone he never know existed. Kise frowned a little.

"Uhm… yes she is. I don't know what it was but I remembered something along the line sounded like she suffered from an incurable disease. I never dared to ask what it was because Kagami-chii's too scary!" Akashi's heart felt heavy upon hearing the blonde's explanations.

Was that the reason he never seen her before?

Along the way back to the agency, Akashi did not focus on his band mates' conversations. His mind was filled with questions and puzzles. His hetero orbs focused on the blue pendant necklace that he found on the ground after bumping into the bluenette. The blue tear pendant reflects his hetero orbs. He sighed.

Did he finally found the owner of the blue muffler?

It was an unanswered question.


They're finally done for the evening. The upcoming live performance has made the band practices more as it will be its third debut. But the Generation of Miracles aim for Tokyo Dome, the most prestigious stage in Japan. Only those who have made their name known throughout the globe are able to perform there. Not only they would be well-known, but they would be getting acknowledgements from many agencies if they make it to their aim.

However, Akashi was still not satisfied with their songs. It was as if something is missing. He guessed that this is one of those hurdles that musicians often encountered, a missing tune they said.

When he was about to leave the studio, he noticed a CD was left on one of the tables. It must have belong to the band's blonde haired keyboardist. Then he saw a small puppy insignia on the back of the cover.

On the front cover, it was beautifully decorated with a midnight blue sky with a full moon as its background. His orbs read the singer's name, 'HEAVEN'. He has heard of this musician; however this particular musician refused to reveal himself to the world, not even his real name, so no one knows how the musician looks like. He remained a mystery, but his music has caught the attention of the world's eyes.

Basically, HEAVEN is his stage name, he never performed on the stage but his songs are purely self-composed, which means from the piano playing to each note that has been written on the music sheets are completely original. HEAVEN debuted earlier than the Generation of Miracles; however there were rumors that HEAVEN was a student in Tokyo University of Arts who also graduated from Teiko Private High School. It has been said that HEAVEN music's can change someone's sight of life. How? Not even Akashi knew.

As far as Akashi remembered, only his band managed to make its debut when they were still in Teiko. He doesn't remember anyone else made his or her name in the industry before them in that high school.

Did he miss out someone?

His thoughts were interrupted by a phone call. He frowned at the caller ID as his orbs turned cold. He sighed.

"I'm on my way, Father. Please stop calling me, I know the schedule." His voice was in monotone. It showed no sign of respect or acknowledgment to the caller before shutting his phone down. He bit his lower lip as he stared at the phone. As he was about to leave, he stopped abruptly at the door, he shifted his eyes to the table. He returned to the table and then took the CD before putting it into his bag.

Was it too much to ask if I want to spend a day like a normal teenager?


A long heavy sigh escaped from his lips as he let his body rested on the driver's seat. It was late at night; finally he finished the paper works that was piling up these past few days. His body barely got its needed rests. In the morning, he has his classes. In the afternoon till evening, he has his band practices, while in the late evening, he has to work on the papers. However, at the moment, he could feel his head is about to explode. He felt so dizzy; he can barely open his eyes without feeling pain in his head. He doesn't feel too well either. Falling sick isn't the last thing he wanted, not when their third debut is just around the corner. He took a glance at his watch, he furrowed.

Summoning as much energy as he possibly could in his weakened state, he carefully drove back to his apartment, ignoring the blurry vision that threatened to darken his sight. He refused to give in. He felt relieved the moment he saw the apartment's building in sight.

All he wanted at the moment was to get some sleep and rest. And he was sure that he will feel better in the morning.

Or so he thought.

.

.

The poor alarm clock has been thrown to the wall after several attempts to wake its master. A soft groan escaped from his lips. Then he turned around only to see the stupid sun shining its light that is ridiculously bright for him that morning. Cursing the living day light, he nearly collapsed due to the massive headache. His lungs hurts from all the coughing. He frowned when he checks his temperature.

Knowing Akashi, he ignored it and immediately headed to the university for his morning classes. His locks were a mess; he can't go on a minute without coughing his guts out. His friends were worried for him, they insisted that he should take the day off and stay in bed, but they immediately cowered back the moment he gave them his glares.

He turned around to his locker before massaging his throat. It hurts to even swallow down some water, what more to say if foods? He was regretting it, you know, for not listening to his friends. He was too tired and sick to notice a pair of sky blue orbs has been looking at him quietly, worried about his well-being.

His coughing interrupted the classes several times. He felt uncomfortable being under the gaze of other people. He looked at the clock on the wall, convincing himself that he could go on for a few more hours until the evening classes ended, but it was proven a struggle.

"Damn it all…" He cursed underneath his breath, his visions were completely blurry. It was late evening, and almost every student has left the campus. He leaned against the wall, he couldn't even walk properly nor carry his belongings. He didn't realize that he was near on one of the studios in the blocks. He was too weak that he tried his hardest to walk to the nearest studio before his knees gave out and collapsed on the floor. Darkness overtook him.


She immediately stopped playing the piano the moment she heard a loud thud outside the recording room. Quickly, she exited the room fearing that someone might have heard her, but only to stop at her tracks when her gaze fell to an unconscious Akashi Seijuro.

She scurried to the unconscious teen and carefully turned him around. She put her palm on his forehead only to take it back the moment she felt it almost burnt her palm. He panted heavily, his locks were a mess and his face was completely flushed. She frowned, Akashi must have overworked till the point he collapsed.

"Taiga, please come over to the university's 6th studio as soon as the recording session is over." She said after the call had been answered. After several exchange of words, she grabbed her handkerchief and drenched it with some cool water before placing it on the singer's burning forehead.

It was not long after her sudden call, Kagami Taiga showed up in the 6th studio of the university. He sent a ridiculous look to his childhood friend. The bluenette only motioned to help her carry the unconscious singer.

"Where do you think you're bringing that idiot to?" He crossed his arms while standing near the door, preventing the smaller bluenette from leaving, glaring down at her.

"To my place, please Taiga. We can't leave him here." She replied, trying to keep herself balance. She dragged Akashi with every ounce of strength she has. She stumbled; Kagami immediately caught the two of them in the nick of time. He sighed.

"What am I gonna do with you?"He helped her up as he slung his arms around Akashi's smaller frame to support the teen. He furrowed when he felt the burning skin.

"Come on; let's get back to my place. I'm not letting him into your place." He grabbed the rest of the singer's belongings and have them shoved to his shoulder while his childhood friend gingerly followed him from behind.


For the very first time, Akashi felt so comfortable. His eyelids felt heavy but he could feel that the comfortable bed he was in doesn't belong to him. His body just wanted to continue sleeping until he heard a faint melodious voice.

So long, light of dawn
Darkness; take me in soundlessly holding on

The sound of a piano being played with such beautiful tune echoed throughout the whole house. He vaguely remembered that he once heard such beautiful melody, but where…?

In the depths, silent world, long ago, all that will remain, a broken heart
Farewell

A certain girl with a beautiful blue locks and a pair of calm sea blue orbs filled his mind. Her voice resembled so much like the beautiful voice that sang so sad yet so melodious. Why is the song sounded so sad? Is this how the owner of the voice feels?

'I…want to hear more of it…'

Silver sky, falls upon you and I
Another hope fades away into night

With every effort he can amend, he managed to open his eyes. He felt the cold cloth on his forehead; he struggled to sit up before looking around the unfamiliar room. With the support from the nearby walls, he got on his two feet, walking towards the sound of the voice that has enchanted his heart.

Firefly, glows upon you and I
another hope fades away into the lonely night

The whole apartment was dark, he was glad that the lights weren't on, or else it would add more to his endless headache. He staggered towards the living room; he stopped at his pace when his blurry vision filled with the sight of a beautiful blue haired pianist gracefully playing each key and note. However, that wasn't attracted him to her, it was her pained expression. 'Why…why does she looks like she has suffered so much…'

When morning comes, the gentle voice will lead you to the light…

For the rest of the night, he quietly leaned against the living room's wall. Listening to the melodious voice of the bluenette who he found out to be Kuroko Tetsuki, a pianist suffering from an incurable disease that she has kept it a secret from everyone in the university.

He couldn't help but to feel such heavy sadness in the song only to be lulled back to his sleep, not noticing the sound of the piano has finally stopped. Light footsteps approached him. She crouched down, looking at the red-haired singer's face which she gently cupped with her hands. Her orbs softened.

Slowly, she reached up on him, before planting a soft gentle kiss on his forehead.

Akashi weakly opened his eyes the moment he felt a familiar warmth. So familiar that he would have mistaken it as a dream. In front of him, Kuroko looked at him with such kind and gentle eyes as she smiled at him. He held her hands, seeking the warmth he has been searching all these years.

'I finally found you…'


Please comment? And thank you for reading :)