Simplicity

Coffee Stains and Burnt Toast

Title: Simplicity

Pairing: Kris/Suho

Word Count: 571 words

Foreword: Slow, simple mornings are the best sort of mornings.

 

 

 

The first thing he sees is a blinding, bright white light that burns his eyes.

 

He blearily tries opening them again as the world finally shifts into focus. The crisp white curtains flap slightly with the gentle morning breeze as the beaming rays of morning stream in through the window.



A heavy weight is draped across his left hip and another long arm is tucked securely below his right side, with legs tangled together underneath soft sheets. His eyes travel to the heat source lying in front of him: dyed blonde hair looking like irregularly trimmed grass, random clumps sticking up all over the place in different directions; pink bloated lips pressed together that have dried up and cracked sometime during slumber; a forehead full of lines, like creases on a piece of crumpled paper; thick and long and dark eyelashes flutter slightly before stilling again, eyelids shut tight with sleep crusted at the edges.



Joonmyun involuntarily smiles that these observations. He wants to comb through the messy bed hair, kiss and soothe the chapped pair of lips, ease the wrinkles off the grouchy face before him, and watch those eyelids open to reveal his favourite pair of coffee coloured irises.

 

(Joonmyun probably will never have the courage to admit it out loud, but these are the moments he enjoys the most: when he gets to observe every single bit of the Kris that is oblivious and unguarded.)

 

Arms wrapped snug around Kris' neck, he plays with the locks of hair near the base of the neck, slowly running his hands through the thick tresses. Joonmyun absentmindedly twirls a tuft of hair around his finger as he gazes at his sleeping beauty of a husband and can't resist placing a light peck on his forehead, causing said husband to arise from his slumber.

 

A shift, a grunt and finally Joonmyun gets to see what he's been waiting for. Kris' expression is more of a grimace than anything as he slowly emerges from his deep sleep, the switch between dreamland and reality too sudden for him to adapt to as of yet. He looks upwards to see Joonmyun with eyes full of affection and the face of an angel.

 

(And to Kris, Joonmyun looks like an angel, surrounded with their rumpled white sheets and fluffy pillows instead of cotton candy-like clouds and the pearly white gates of heaven.)


"Hey there, Handsome," Joonmyun whispers softly, a slight smile spreading on his face. Kris blinks a few times, trying to get used to the tsunami of light flooding his eyes. He opens his mouth slightly before pausing to rub his lips together.

 


"My lips are bleeding," he rasps in his croaky morning voice.



Joonmyun can't help but burst out laughing and tightening his grip around Kris' neck, pulling him closer to his chest where his heart swells with so much love for the man lying beside him.


Kris smiles sheepishly, nuzzling his nose into Joonmyun's chest. The arms previously wrapped around Joonmyun move to hug his waist firmly. Joonmyun sighs contentedly, head resting atop Kris' blonde locks, enjoying Kris' comforting warmth and his familiar smell of their lavender scented body wash. Kris lazily rubs circles against Joonmyun's side through his shirt while Joonmyun continues treading his hands through Kris' mussed up mane. Their contented hums join the morning chorus of rustling sheets and the whirring fan.



"Yeah yeah, good morning to you too."

 

 

fin.

 

 

A/N: Hello there!!!! Thanks for reading, I hoped you enjoyed it!! I NEVER KNEW I WAS CAPABLE OF SUCH CHEESE ODG. It's been such a loooooooooong time since I've written a story like this so it isn't very good... So please leave a comment and tell me what you liked and didn't like, and what areas I can improve on :D Also, if you like krisho, do check out my friend SHINeeEXOdia! She's written some nice krisho fics too (: That's it for now I guess. See you next time!! ^^