I finally understand.

Thank you.

Taeyeon x Tiffany

 

Finally, it’s spring. Green leaves are starting to grow on trees again. Flowers are starting to bloom again. Birds chirping everywhere. I always loved spring. It’s my favorite time of the year. Why? Because it feels like everything is being reborn. Everything is so fresh.

I have the perfect view in class- by the window. No matter what season it is, I’ll always enjoy the scenery of things going on outside. The juniors laughing, students playing football, flowers falling off. I would say this is a hobby but now it’s become a habit. I never listen to what the teacher says in class. But weirdly, I never get terrible marks in the exams.

Today, I ignored the teacher’s class again and stared outside. Thinking. Thinking about her. How is she doing. Has she eaten yet. How was her day. Did she go to her classes today. I can’t help but think and worry about her. She went to the states 2 months ago to continue her studies while I’m still stuck here. She got an offer to an international school. Boy, she was so happy the day she got the letter. At least, she got what she wants.

The bell rings, signing that school has ended. I quickly went out and walked to my locker to grab my stuff. Being a teenage girl I am, the first I checked was my phone- still not a text from her. So I decided to text her first.

“Hey baby. How was your day? School just ended. I miss you. Please reply me soon <3”

Putting the phone back in my bag, I headed out, in hope that she’ll reply soon. She’s probably asleep but it’s still Sunday there. I hope that she’s still awake. I let my thoughts roam as I walked towards a café. My favorite place of all time. We used to come here every day after school for some cake and coffee. Now I have to come here alone. I’m getting used to it but it feels empty. Entering the café, I queued.

As I was ordering, I felt a vibrate from my bag. It was a text. A reply. From her. Finally.

Hey Taeyeon. I miss you too” was what it was written. I would cry of happiness but I wouldn’t because I’m in a café. I’ll just save the tears for later. And so, I replied again.

“Baby! When are you coming back?”

Said thank you and grabs my coffee after I paid. Drinking my favorite, vanilla latte, nothing could be better than this. I walked back home. It wasn’t that far so walking would be more convenient than taking the bus. Taking a sip of my coffee, I stared at the screen of my phone.

1 second.

10 seconds.

20 seconds.

The screen lighted up. Another reply from her. I skipped a bit in happiness. Maybe a bit excitedly since  a bit of my coffee spilled.  She never replied this fast. Though, my happiness is for nothing. I got excited for nothing.

I’m not returning” Why? Why aren’t you coming back? Have you decided to stay there forever? What about me? Tons and tons of negative thoughts run through my head. But I kept it in for later. I opened the keypad to type something before another message appear. “I don’t I have the time to come home” Ah. So that’s why.

“Ah I see. You won’t be coming for holidays too?” I sent. “What about Mr and Mrs Hwang?” I sent again.

I finally reached home. Walking in without greeting umma, I headed straight to my room. Plopping myself on the bed, I stared at the ceiling. Before I realized it, I was getting too negative with my thoughts. So I decided to go for a shower to clear my thoughts. Shower always helps to clear my mind. I never knew why but it really helps.

-

Taeyeon went out from the shower room. She once again checked her phone but as she expected, nothing. As she dresses up, she starts wondering again. In order to clear her thoughts again, she checked if Tiffany had tweeted something. Not something, but actually, a lot of things. Things that really cleared her thoughts.

I’m sorry” – 1 day ago.

“I liked you” – 1 day ago.

“I finally found the one” – 1 day ago.

“@princessjung I love you” – 23 hours ago.

“@princessjung She’ll understand. I hope” – 23 hours ago.

“I hope we could still stay as friends” – 22 hours ago.

Tears fell down from Taeyeon’s eyes. She finally understands everything. Why she keeps on getting late replies, why their conversations are getting awkward each day. Taeyeon is hurting. She knows this but still, she kept on scrolling down Tiffany’s tweets.

You’ll find someone better” – 22 hours ago.

“I’m not the one for you” – 22 hours ago.

“I love you too, Jessica” – 17 hours ago.

Until it came to a point where she couldn’t take it anymore.

“I guess, this is the end for us. I understand. Thank you for everything. I’ll always love you” With a heavy heart, she hit the ‘send’ button.