CHAPTER 4- LAST MISSION

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED

LAST MISSION:

 

“Congratulations to Red Team for winning, let’s give them a round of applause.” Everyone then clapped.

 

“For the last mission, the girls will go to their teammate’s dormitory to find the things listed on this card. You have acquire everything on the list before you set off to the last destination wherein you’ll do the group mission and will determine the ultimate winner. Since the Red Team won, they will be assisted by EXO’s manager to their dorm whilst the rest will have to find their teammate’s dorm without any help. For the black team, the boys can tell their teammates the location of their dorm. The remaining two teams can use the internet to find the locations of guy teammate’s dormitory. As you finished the task, the manager of the team will evaluate the things you’ve collected. You can only do the item check when you have all the items on the list and will be given two chances to change the specific items the manager points out and when everything is correct he will then give you the location of the group mission and if you failed, your team lose. The transportation you used earlier will be the same as now. So, Sandara and CL please step forward.” Gary said.

 

Dara and CL approached him and gave them the lists and they set off. Dara then opened the lists; she then rushed to Kris and asked something which he answered. The two then went to the car and followed the manager’s van and set off to EXO’s dormitory. When they arrived at the car park of the dorm, the manager gave them the pass code for the loft and left. They went straight to the elevator and pressed the designated floor.

 

When they arrived at the door, Dara pressed the code and both of them rushed inside. They were startled when someone welcomed them.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!” both of them screamed.

 

“Uhm, what are you doing here sunbaenims?” Lay asked.

 

“Noona. Anyway, we have a mission and well, we’re kinda in a hurry. We’ll appreciate it if you can show us which one is Kris’ and Kai’s room?” Dara said.

 

Lay just stared at them and called someone.

 

“Hunnie, I think we need to help our sunbaenims.” Dara and CL then turned to where the guy in front of them is now looking at and saw another tall guy appeared.

 

“I’ll help Dara sunbaenim and you help CL sunbaenim.” Lay said. Before Sehun can even disapprove, he was pulling Dara already. He just shrugged his shoulders and escorted CL to Kai’s room.

 

Inside Kai’s room:

CL took her list and started checking everything. She asked Sehun’s help which he obliged. CL divided the list into two which is 5 each to make it easier.

 

Once she divided it, they high-fived and started checking the whole place. With every item they acquire, they placed them outside by position on the list for convenience. The two of them work harmoniously and continued with finding the remaining items.

 

On the other side in Kris’ room, Lay and Dara divided the list to 5 each as well. Dara would ask Lay which one is which and he would point to the one that describes the item. As Dara took something from a cabinet, she would place the things above it neatly because well that’s how she was. She then continued searching for the remaining items as well as Lay. She went to the closet and checked one of the two remaining things she has to get, Kris’ favorite polo and his lucky charm.

 

She went to Lay and asked him but he just picked some of the things he thought would be the right answer for the items needed. She then examined the clothes and the accessories both she and Lay thought were the correct ones. She heard CL celebrating with Sehun and she panicked. She then saw a journal and took it, inside was the clothes he wore for a certain event. She knows that it was wrong to snoop but it was the only way. She then turned to the last page, BINGO! Noted were the things he liked most. When she finished hers, she checked Lay who was finalizing his set as well.

 

Both of them approached the manager and saw how intricate he checks the items before him. He pulled out one item and said that it wasn’t the right one. Lay pointed which one was it and they went back to Kris’ room.

 

Lay was about to touch a certain bracelet to push it over when Dara stopped him.

 

“Don’t touch that!” She said.

 

“Why not Noona? I was just going to put it aside. No worries.” Lay said.

 

“No, this one is a blessed bracelet. You can’t touch that because the luck that was placed on that bracelet will transfer to you and your relationship will be affected.” Dara explained. Lay then pulled his hand as if electricity touched him and mentally punched himself for forgetting about it.

 

Dara then saw the cap that she saw on the journal and took it. She then rushed to the manager and gave him the cap. The manager nodded and he handed them the card for the final mission. Lay and Dara hugged each other for completing the list.

 

Sejong Center for Performing Arts.

 

“Thanks for the help you two. Let’s hang-out next time. We’ll leave our numbers to your manager. Manager-nim tell us when Sehun and Lay’s free time so we can treat them and including you ofcourse.” CL said. Their manager then nodded and he approached the two. They thanked Sehun and Lay and went to the venue.

 

When they arrived, they saw the rest of the teams were already there and solving the task.

 

“What took you so long?” Kai asked.

 

“We kinda had some difficulty finding items.” CL explained.

 

“Nevermind that, let’s just start this colossal puzzle.” Kris said. They all took the pieces and assembled them.

 

“We have to assemble this puzzle and figure out what the landmarks are.” Kris and Kai explained. CL and Dara then nodded.

 

Dara then went to Gary.

 

“Is it possible to borrow a twin ladder with a platform on top?” She asked. Gary then pointed to the crew.

 

“PD-nim, is it okay if I borrow a twin tower ladder where I can sit?”PD-nim just looked at her curiously but nodded. When she saw her with some of the staff carrying her ladder, it made PD-nim taught was could she possible do. Then it hit him, she was going to try and view it on top so she can assess and check if she can figure out the answer with the pieces placed. The crew just looked at Dara with admiration since she has been showing her skills in solving.

 

When she stood up and left the team, all three of them followed Dara’s direction with their eyes and saw her asking Gary about something and then she went to the producers and said something which the PD agreed to. The next thing they saw was Dara being followed by someone carrying a ladder.

 

“What is she trying to do?” Kris asked.

 

“I don’t know, let’s just ask her.” Kai said.

 

When Dara arrived, CL looked at her.

 

“What’s with the ladder, Darong?” CL asked.

 

“So I can see your progress from a higher view and with that I can try and see where the puzzle is going. It’ll be easier and we guess the puzzle faster. Also, you show me the piece you’re holding and I’ll try to direct you where you should place it.” Dara explained. Kai and Kris just stared at her whilst CL just smirked and order the two boys to continue.

 

The other teams were so immersed in solving the puzzle that they didn’t saw what the Red Team did.

 

As the three continued to placing the pieces on the floor and Dara telling them where to place it, not knowing Kris was admiring this Noona who always knows what do to. He then snapped back when he accidentally bumped the ladder causing it to shake a little.

 

“Mianhe Noona.” Kris apologized.

 

“That’s fi…. WAIT! I ALREADY KNOW WHAT IT IS!” Dara screamed. Everyone then stopped and saw Dara on top of a ladder raising her hand.

 

Gary then saw Dara and approached her.

 

“Our answers are Angkor Wat, London Eye and the Niagara Falls.” Dara answered.

 

“CORRECT! RED TEAM WINS!” Dara then stepped down from the Ladder and was hugged by her teammates.

 

Everyone assembled and Gary announced the winners. They received a gold medal and gold rings.

 

“Thank you for watching and see you next time!” All of them waved and the director said cut.

 

They congratulated everyone. Kai was pulled by CL.

 

“I need you to talk to someone.” CL said. Kai just nodded. CL then searched for her number and when she heard her answered, she gave the phone to Kai. CL was laughing when he saw Kai’s blush. CL was having the time of her life teasing Kai.

 

On the other side, Kris approached Dara as the last one congratulated her.

 

“Noona, thanks to you we won. You’re really smart and skillful.” He said.

 

“Not really. I want to apologize by the way.” Dara said.

 

“For what?” He asked.

 

“When I was doing the list challenge, I found a journal and well I opened it. I’m sorry for invading your privacy.” Dara said. Kris just chuckled.

 

“That’s fine Noona. Oh by the way, can we take a picture together?” Kris said. Dara nodded and Kris called a crew and asked her if she can take a picture. They took a picture together where they were showing their medals.

 

“Kamsahamida.” They thanked the crew.

 

Dara then checked the picture and laughed with how silly they looked. Kris just laughed with her. Kris then went to his stuff which they took with them and pulled a bracelet and adjusted it.

 

He then took Dara’s hand and gave her the bracelet.

 

“For what?” She asked.

 

“As a sign of my gratitude for helping us win.” He just said. Dara then nodded and took off on of her rings.

 

“Eh, that won’t fit me.” Kris protested.

 

“Who says anything about wearing it? I saw your necklace, use it as a pendant. I don’t have anything else with me expect the rings we won and that. You can have it for protecting me on the Abandoned School mission.” Kris then took off his necklace and placed the ring that Dara gave him. He then fastened it back and looked at it.

 

“Thanks Noona. I’ll make sure not to misplace it.” Kris assured her.

 

“So will I. Thanks again. Well, CL and I will go ahead. See you soon.” Dara said. Kris hugged her and Dara did too since she thinks it was because he was grateful that they won.

 

CL and Kai approached them and Dara hugged Kai as well. They waved and parted ways.

 

“SEE YOU SOON DARA NOONA AND CL-SSHI!” Kai shouted. CL and Dara waved at them and left.

 

When they reached the dorm, they were congratulated by everyone.

 

Kris excused himself and went to his room.

 

He attached his phone on a printer and printed a picture. He then cut it and placed it on his journal. He then felt the coldness from his necklace because of the ring pendant and he can’t help but smile. He then changed his wallpaper and went to sleep thinking of ways how to be close with her since he can’t stop thinking about her.

 

The END.

 

---- WELL YOU KNOW WHAT THE PICTURE IS, RIGHT? WELL THANKS EVERYONE.