CHAPTER 3 - SECOND MISSION

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED

GREEN TEAM

 

Solver : Ga-Yoon ; Hostage : So-hyun

 

STUDIO:

 

“So the first one up is the Green Team, Let’s go to 4 Minute’s side since the representatives are both from their team but first let’s welcome Sandeul of the Green Team.” Everyone then clapped and some fans shouted. Sandeul then appeared and bowed to everyone.

 

“That was a shocker that instead of your teammates picking who to eliminate, you volunteered. Didn’t you guys get along? You look fine on-screen?” Jaesuk asked.

 

“They looked nice on the outside.” Sandeul said. Jaesuk and Ji-hyo didn’t press the issue so they just continued.

 

“Let’s then go to 4 Minute. Do you think they can finish the mission?” Ji-Hyo asked Ji-hyun as well as Hyuna.

 

“They’ll do their best but since they’re from 4 Minute, we are sure that they can do it.” Hyuna said.

 

“Let’s then see if they’ll succeed, action!” Jaesuk and Ji-hyo said.

 

ABANDONED SCHOOL:

 

“Are you two ready? Here’s the life kit for the solver. Best of Luck! You only have 5 minutes to finish the mission and the fastest team wins if ever there’s an incident of teams both having the same finish time, we’ll do a do-or-die common sense questions and if ever no one finished the mission, we’ll have to a different challenge instead. There’s a disadvantage when you use the life kit. You won’t get the hit for the final question so use it wisely, maybe the time you used the life kit has the most common and beneficiary hint of them all. Clear? Arraso! Here’s the map and flashlights, the entrance is just straight ahead. Time will start when the solver arrived at the first room for the first question. You can forfeit if you can’t handle it. But before we start, Black Team automatically passed this mission since they won earlier. But if someone will be able to finish the mission, they will be automatically be dropped to the position depending on the teams time. We’ll start in 3-2-1 GO!” Gary explained and shouted. The two then ran and arrived in front of the main entrance.

 

Ga-yoon and So-hyun walked hand in hand and opened the door. They checked the map and followed the instructions.

 

“First room is on the first left.” Ga-yoon said. The two of them walked calmly into the darkness when suddenly.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!” So-hyun started screaming and automatically run away from that someone who touched her ankle. Ga-yoon being startled for awhile eventually followed her and run.

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! YOONN!!!!!” Ga-yoon then heard So-hyun screamed but then she heard a creepy voice that made her focus and stop.

 

TIME STARTS NOW! FIRST QUESTION LOCATED IN ROOM 105

 

Ga-yoon then directed her flashlight on each door to find the said room. She then reached the room, when she opened the door she screamed when she saw someone pooped out of nowhere.

 

“I HATE THIS! I HATE THIS!!” She said while locating where the question is. She then got startled when she saw a poster hanging on the wall.

 

Find the book which has the Mad Hatter as a character and find the question on page 105.

 

“WHAT?!! AAAHHHH!!! MY HEAD HURTS!! I’LL USE MY PASS!” She shouted. The door then opened and she was having second thoughts if she’ll just go outside. Before she can go outside, the person that welcomed her more of scared her was in front of her asking for the pass tag. She gave it to him and was escorted to the door. Once she was outside, the door slammed behind her that made her jump.

 

“UMMA! UMMA! THIS IS SCARY!!” She then went to the second room indicated which is 110. She arrived at the door and opened it bravely. She saw no one and entered the room and closed it at once. She then saw another poster and pointed the flashlight to it since it was too far and well, she just don’t want to approach that part.

 

Listen to this song and find the album in which it is included.

 

The music started, but the thing is it was instrumental. Ga-yoon listened to it carefully and halfway to the song she started looking at the CD’s and pulled out one.

Song : Bad Girl Album: Monochrome Artist: Lee Hyori

 

She opened the CD and saw something written on it:

In which group did So-hyun debut with, the name of the album and title track. Shout your answer.

 

Ga-yoon then frowned and thought about the answer she was in panic mode when she suddenly saw someone’s silhouette outside the room.

 

“ORANGE – WE ARE ORANGE AND THE TITLE TRACK IS OUR STAR!” Suddenly the silhouette outside vanished but before it disappeared, she saw it glued something on the glass. The door then opened and she took the envelope of. She saw the word hint on the back and pulled the card inside. She showed to the camera and it was a picture.

 

“It looks somewhere not in Korea.” Ga-yoon told herself and proceeds to the next destination which is the second floor. While she was going up, 3 minutes left. She then rushed to the next destination and went to 210. She was trying to open the door and she saw what was plastered on it.

 

Behind you are 3 keys that can possibly open this door.

 

She then huffed and took out her pass tag. “AHHHHHHHHHH!” She screamed when someone pulled the tag.

 

Her knees were starting to weaken because of her being scared. She then entered the next room with ease this time. When she entered, the room closed and she searched for a poster. When she saw it, she pointed her flashlight to it since it was too dark.

 

From the choices below, which one is the correct translation for the word Surreal?

  1. Chohyeonsiljeog
  2. Surréaliste
  3. Surrealista
  4. All of the above

 

Before she can even answer, Last 2 minutes, she then wrote “A” since it was in Korean and she knows that it’s the right translation for that word. A sound that indicated it was wrong echoed to the whole school that startled her. The door opened and she knows that she only has 4 more chances before she can be eliminated in the mission.

 

“I CAN’T GO ANY FURTHER ANYMORE!! THIS IS TOO DRAINING!! I FORFEIT!!” She shouted. Then someone poped out of nowhere and she was escorted out. When she went out, So-hyun approached her and hugged her.

 

“It was too scary and the questions are too difficult!” Ga-yoon protested.

 

“Since the Green Team forfeited, they are automatically disqualified in this mission. Will the next team please come forward?” He said.

 

“We forfeit as well. Minah said she can’t do it since she’s the solver it’ll be too much for her. So we came to the decision to not do the task.” Jackson said. Minah smiled at him and sighed in relief.

 

“Blue Team is disqualified as well. Red Team, please step forward.” Gary said.

 

“Are you sure Noona? We can forfeit you know.” Kris said. Dara just shook her head and walked passed him and went to Gary. Kris just smirked and followed her.

 

“Here’s the flashlights and map. I don’t need to repeat everything since it was too long. You know the drill, in 3-2-1 GO!” Dara and Kris then rushed to the entrance but before they can enter, Kris stepped forward and took Dara’s hands and wrapped it on his waist.

 

“Don’t worry Noona, I’ll try to protect you before they can abduct me.” Kris said.

 

“But, I can’t see anything! You’re too tall!!” Dara protested.

 

“You don’t need to see anything; I’ll be your eyes for now. Left-right okay Noona? Palli, let’s go!” Kris then opened the door and they stepped in. Kris was flashing the lights in front of them whilst Dara tries to check their surroundings from behind.

 

“AAHHHHHHHHH!! AISH!!” Kris was startled when she screamed.

 

“Waeyo, Noona?” Kris said.

 

“Someone grabbed my ankle and it HURT! Let go for a minute Kris, I need to rub my ankle it’s throbbing.” Dara said. Kris then released her hands and stepped away a little. He was about to flash her with some light when someone pulled him and covered his mouth. Dara was about to scream when someone pulled her inside the room and locked her.

 

“YAH! WHAT THE!” Dara was stopped when she heard a creepy voice.

 

TIME STARTS NOW!

 

Dara then saw a poster in front of her and she used the flashlight to see what’s written.

 

Find the book where this phrase was said, "But once I had brains, and a heart also; so, having tried them both, I should much rather have a heart." As well as the famous saying “There’s no place like home.”

 

“That’s a handful.” She then proceeds to look for the book and found it on the topmost. She then took the Wizard of Oz book and when she opened it:

 

Kris joined global audition in 2007 and where?

 

“Ha? HOW should I know this?! Hmmmmm. I heard he's from China and Canada my guess is SM Global Audition in Canada?” She answered. She then heard someone tapped the window on the door which startled her and she saw it glued something on it. She rushed to the door and opened it only to see the one gluing it on the floor.

“Mian. Thanks for the clue.” She then helped the person up and she saw that it was a staff. She then opened the envelope with the word hint outside and took the card.

 

Place opened : 6th of May 1682

Architects : Jules, Louis and Philibert

Contemporary Architecture

 

She kept the card inside her jacket and proceeds to the next room.  She then saw the poster on the wall and pointed the flashlight to it.

 

Listen to this song and find the album in which it is included.

 

The song then played and before it can go further, she rushed to the CD casing looked for the album within seconds, she took the album out and opened it.

Song: Do You Feel Me Artist: Mr.Mr Album: Self titled album

 

What was the first album of EXO, release year and title song.

 

“MINZY THANK YOU! IF YOU WEREN’T A FAN I WOULDN’T KNOW THIS ONE! MAMA is the first album, 2012 and MAMA is the title song.”

 

A silhouette again appeared outside, this time Dara waited for it to vanish before she steps outside. She then took the envelope off and checked the card, it was a picture but it was zoomed too much so she was having a hard time looking at it. She pocketed it and proceeds to the 2nd Floor. 3 minutes left.

 

She then reached the door which is locked and saw something written to it.

 

Behind you are 3 keys that can possibly open this door.

 

She then looked behind her and took all three and tried it. The first one she used opened the door immediately. She then placed the keys back where she took it before going inside.

 

She then saw the poster and flashed it with light.

 

Find the flag that has this description: a country in North America consisting of 10 provinces and 3 territories. Located in the northern part of the continent, it extends from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into the Arctic Ocean.

 

She then inspected the Canadian Flag and took the envelope attached to it.

 

Kris was given two nicknames which is Niu Zai Ge and JiaoZhu. What does it mean in English?

  1. Cowboy and Hierarch
  2. Cool and Delicate
  3. Leader and Childish
  4. None of the above

Dara then approached the board and screamed when someone touched her ankle again and screamed even louder when she saw someone under the table. She then took the chalk wrote her answer “A” and dashed away from the board and table. She then waited patiently and she heard a “ting” sound meaning her answer was correct. It’s a good thing that she started learning Chinese since 2NE1 made her speak whenever they are with their Chinese fans.

 

She then saw the envelope and took it.

 

Symbol of the system of absolute monarchy of the Ancien Régime.

 

“Isn’t this Versailles?” Dara said to herself. She then got startled when the lights opened and she heard someone running towards her. She then felt someone hugged her and she screamed because she was scared.

 

“Yah, NOONA! It’s me! You did it! We won!” Kris said. Dara then sighed in relief and they were both escorted out but as they were going down the stairs, the lights turned off and that made Dara screamed even louder. Kris then held her arm and wrapped it around his waist again just like what they did earlier. Dara was screaming from time to time since someone was either touching her ankles or she would see people on the glass. Kris stayed calm but jumped when someone touched his ankle. When they were near the corridor where the entrance door was, they heard someone running and when they turned back they saw the ghosts running to them. Kris then took Dara’s hands off his waist and instead held her hand and pulled her and well eventually they ran.

 

When they were able to go outside, Dara slammed the door behind her and kicked it. Kris was panting and went back to Dara who was still kicking the door.

 

“Omo! You’re fast! Did you finish the mission?” Gary asked.

 

“Noona answered the question before we can finish the rest.” Kris explained.

 

“RED TEAM WINS!” Gary shouted. CL and Kai approached the two and hugged them. Kai was comforting Dara who was pouting because of her misfortune.

 

“You now have the chance to go to the next location first and eliminate someone from the losing team. Now pick.” Gary said. All four of them were not happy with them having to eliminate someone. Just then, Gongchan volunteered himself and left with the staff.