Chapter 1

Could It Be?

Krystal Wu.

 

            “I hate school~” I screamed to the sky. “Good bye school! I don’t need youuuuuu~!”

            I heard someone chuckle from behind and I turned my head to see who the annoying person that disturbed my precious moment.

            “What? You just graduated from middle school. You must go through the senior high school first if you want to be free.”

            I glared at him and he just gave a toothy smile at me. I hate him but I can’t do anything. He is my best friend, and what I hate the most is he always right. His words always right. And I don’t like it for sure.

            “Tao, you sure know how to ruin my freedom ceremony. I hate you.” I stuck out my tongue at him.

            “Such a kiddo.” He stepped closer to me. “You know, I think it’s enough Krystal.”

            Oh, there he is. He will start to give me such a speech. Krystal you not supposed to do this, you should be more that, blablabla. I hate it. It makes my ears itchy.

            “Don’t start it Tao.” I look at the sky. “You do know the reason so don’t start to give me your sassy speech.”

            I grabbed his arm and pulled it closer to me. I took out a marker from my skirt pocket and shook it in front of Tao face. He smiled at my action.

            “Let me sign your uniform then Krystal Wu.” He took the marker and turned my body around so my back faced him.

            “Write something nice. I only have you.” The last sentence came out from my mouth as a whisper. I could feel Tao smiled at me.

            “To my dearest best friend, Krystal Wu.” He said as he wrote on my uniform. “Be happy and smile to the world.”

            “What a cheesy Tao indeed.” I laughed a bitter laugh.

            “Be bright Krys.” He messed my hair after finishing his writing.

            “Don’t you know I’m brighter than the sun?” and there, on our school roof top, I laughed freely with my very best friend, Huang Zitao.

            “I do know. Even my eyes can’t take your light now.” I punched his arm playfully.

            “Don’t be so dramatic. You can be an actor you know.” I chuckled at him. “Let’s go home. I’m tired. I will go down first, want to take my bag.”

            “Okay, later I will catch up.” He said while making a salute move.

            I got off down stair and walked on the school hall. I let my feet bring me to my class and walked to my seat. The class room already empty and there is no student here. I sat on my seat. I read everything that written on my desk. There were written so many no-no words. I laughed when reading it. I laughed very hard until I could feel tears escape from my eyes.

            “I really do hate school.” And then I kept laughing.

            I looked at my bag that lied on the floor. Thanks God, because today is graduation day I didn’t need to bring any books. I grabbed my bag and ready to go home when suddenly I felt my phone vibrate. Who is this? I took my phone and saw there are lot of missed call and messages from my brother.

            “What take you so long Krys? Let’s go back.” I looked up from my phone to the sound of Tao’s voice. I could see his head pooped out between classroom doors.

            “Nothing, let’s go!” I skipped my way to Tao. And Tao took a look at my desk.

            “They are still doing that?” he looked at me with serious expression.

            “No need to worry big panda, I left this school already.” I grinned at him and dragged him out from school.

 

*_*

 

Kris Wu.

 

            “Son~, I’m very proud of you. You are my golden son. I definitely trust you all of my companies.” My father complimented me while taking sip of his red wine. “You got straight A for all of the subjects.”

            “That is because I studied Father.” I smiled at him.

            Here I am, in the party that my father held. The purpose of this party of course to celebrated my grades and to show off to the people and my daddy’s business partners who I am. Who Kris Wu is.Who the heir of WK group is.WK group the largest business group in China that owned by my father.

            I always think that my father always does things too much. Especially, when it is all about me.His the one and the only son.

            I saw one of my father’s friend walked closer to him. My father’s friend came with his family. The talked for a while then my father glanced at me. The rest I know what will happen.

            “This is Kris. He is my son.” I shook my father’s friend’s hand and gave him a smile.

            “You are so lucky Mr. Wu. You have such a good looking and smart son. WK group will have such a bright future in his hand.” Then both of them laughed together.

            Another round of introduced me to my father business partners and their families. Even they insisted to introduce their daughter to my father. I sighed. Really, they were too much. I’m still 18 and not graduate from senior high school yet. Married? No, I never think about it.

I looked around and could find my mom talking with other women, the business partners of course. And once again I looked around, but I couldn’t find her. I couldn’t find my sister. I looked at my watch. It’s already 9 p.m. where is she now?

            And suddenly there was sound that someone was knocking at the microphone and doing a microphone test. I saw my father walked tothe small stage and stood behind the microphone. And he looked at me. That was a signal that I should follow him to. Follow him to walk to the small stage that decorated in the middle of our living room.

            “Good night ladies and gentlemen.” My father started his speech. “I’m glad that we can gather here, tonight, at my house.”

            I just needed to keep my smile on and look at the audiences. Then I felt someone wrapped my arm and found that was my mom. He looked at me and smiled.

            “Are you nervous?” she said to me, more like she mouthed it than said.

            I shook my head lightly. “No mom, I’m fine”

            “That’s my boy” she smiled and then took care of my neck tie. I could see that every mother in this room eyed me and my mom. And I knew what’s on their mind, how lucky my mom has such a son like me. Again, I’m bored to hear that.

            “Mom, where is Krystal?” I whispered to her and she just looked at me blankly.

            “You don’t know where she is?” my mom asked me back.

            “Mom, I asked you first.” Then my mom shook her head as an answer. I sighed.

            I ended up listen to all of my father’s speech. He talked about our companies and what will be done in the future until it reached the time that my father started introducing me to people.

            “And this is the time that I want to introduce all of you my son.” He once again glanced at me. And I took steps closer to him.

            “Bang!” suddenly everyone looked at someone that slammed the main door. My eyes widen when I saw who it was. I looked at my father and he glared at the sight of the door.

            My eyes followed the figure that has slammed the door. And people started murmuring while they looked at the girl in uniform that walked pass them. I jumped down from the small stage and ran to her. I grabbed her wrist and stopped her.

            “Krystal, what happened?” I tried to look at her face but she kept her head looking down.

            “Let me go.” She said with a hoarse voice. And she pulled her hand and started running to her room.

            I looked back at my father. I could see anger boiled inside him and my mom tried her best to calm my father down. I looked at my mother face and showed her my apologetic smile. She nodded at me and mouthed go. And as fast as I could I ran following Krystal.

            “Krystal! Wait.” I stepped in front of her. Thanks God you gave me such a long leg. I looked at her but she kept looking down.

            I looked at her from head to toe. What did my sister do really? Her hair was such a mess, dirty uniform from dirt and marker, and what is that on her arm. She tried to pass me but I grabbed her arm.

            “Ya!” she hissed and tried to pulled back her arm. She finally looked at me. “What do you want Ge?”

            I widened my eyes when saw my sister face. It was look like she got beaten up by someone. I touch a blue mark under her lips corner but she slapped my hand away.

            “No question. I just like to fighting so I can show everyone that I’m strong okay.” She said and pulled her hand.

            “Like to fighting you said?” my father appeared from behind her. Anger still there, inside him. “You want to see your parents dying?”

            “Father, please~” I looked at my father and glanced at my sister. She bit her lower lips now.

            “Why, you don’t like it if I keep fighting at school? Don’t act like you care.” Krystal said almost yelling at my father.

            “Krystal Wu! Behave!” okay it always like this. My sister always picks a fight with my father. And nothing can stop her. “You, Krystal Wu, I will send you to Korea. I don’t care. Don’t you dare coming back here before you can behave well!”

            “Why I should?” there, I knew my sister was pushing my father’s limit.

            “Low your voice Krystal.” My mom tried to calm down the situation.

            “Then it’s final. I will send you to Korea!” my father exploded his anger. “End!”

            “Yeah, end. It will be nice if I stay away from this family. Go and dump me. I know you guys don’t need me.”

            I couldn’t move when my father slapped Krystal. The slapping sound left and now only silent remain here. My mom is worse than me. She wide her eyes, shocked at what just happened. I could see Krystal’s body was trembling a little bit and she lifted her head up.

            “The best present ever dad.” She managed to say sentence when she tried her best to hold her tears.

            “Krystal~” I held her shoulder tried to remind her not to pushed my father too far.

            “Happy Graduation Krystal!” she clapped her hand. “Oh, nobody know today is my graduation day? Okay, let me celebrate it alone then. Excuse me.”

            Krystal with one move pushed my hands away from her shoulder and started running to her room while my parents shocked with what their have heard from Krystal. And another slammed door sound heard.

            “You don’t know today is Krystal graduation day?” I asked them in disbelief. “Mom?Father? Your children are not only me but Krystal too.”

            I sighed and left my parents there. I walked to Krystal room with lightning speed. I raised my hand to knock the door but I left my hand hung there. Why my parents doing this? Always act like this. And my heart hurt more when I heard Krystal crying sound from outside of her room.

 

*_*