That Sound

Unheard Melodies

May 2,2002 Seoul,Korea

Next to the stage,Im Yoona, Age nine playing Soilse in Darkness by IIse de Ziah.

A woman announced to the large competition audience who sat silent awaiting the young girl to walk onto the dark stage which contained one chair.

Within seconds a petite figure moved onto stage from behind heavy velvet curtains, a tapping of small black heels moving in rhythmic steps sounded in the quite room.. 

She stood looking at the chair then moved her right feet in-front of the left turning her body to a crowd which viewed no faces but blackness.

Slowly the girl sat and then placed the large instrument between her knees then waited.

Slowly she closed her eyes,,lifted her small hands which held the bow,up and slid them over familiar strings.

Then instantly, as if  unpredictable, the hall filled with beautiful images created by the sounds of the child whose head moved with the bow and arms flowed like water hitting the strings of the dark instrument.

Creating sensations of a tale being told, the girl played and played, allowing the music to consume her while she played.

As if a bewitching the crowd stood still astonished by the melodies which escaped the dark wooden case of wood.

Everyone stood on their tippy toes painting pictures within their own minds of what was being played.

And as the young girl stop, so did that tale. And at that moment, everyone could breathe again.

Im Yoona got up. bowed and as she did while entering the stage, turned her body around and left back into those dark velvet curtains.

Performances progressed after the charming musician had left the stage but no one could forget the music that little girl played and once all players were done with their proformances,

It was made evident who the winner of the competition was.

Dressed in a white dress which hit at her knees with long hair which landed perfectly on her shoulders, Im Yoona walked up the stairs of the stage and stood next to a man.

"Congratulations little girl"he told her bending down to reach eye level with the young girl.

"You have won a scholarship to Europe and will be given the opportunity to work with the best cellists and musicians"

He moved the mike over to her allowing the girl to speak.

"I am very grateful" A soft voice escaped into the mike.

"Thank you mama and papa" She finished causing a smile to appear on the announcers face as well as every adult within the audience.

The only thing that was strange about her gratitude was that it was aimed towards the wrong people and she knew that.

mama and papa wasn't there for her and neither  were any family members.

All she had was her Butler who walked onto the large stage and picked up the tall trophy and check from the man dressed in black.

"Miss.Im" he said reaching his hand out to the little girl who took it and walked down the stairs of the stage and out the hall with him.

"Congratulations on another win Miss.Im" her told the young girl who sat in the back of the car.

"Thank-you Sebastian"

That was all that was spoken between the two as the car drove off.


Seoul 2014

Im Yoona made her way out of her mansion holding her precious cello close to her as two workers carried her beg to the car.

"Mrs.Im are you not notifying your parents and friends of your leave?" Sebastian her butler asked.

"Theres no need Sebastian, when we reach our destination and settle I will have you send a letter to all of them" Yoona finished making her way into the back seat.

"very well then" The old man stated closing the womans door and bowing as the vehicle moved out the rive way.

He stood for a minute watching the young girl that he had raised leave the building bought by her wealthy parents, but for a while a sense of sadness rushed over him.

Sebastian looked with confusion moments later as the car stopped.

He moved over to the young masters side of the car.

Slowly Yoona made her way out the car standing in front of the old man. Suddenly the young girl wrapped her arms around the older man holding him in a warm embrace.

Sebastian smiled at the girls foreign display of affection and patted her back.

"I'm going to miss you Yoona" he told her, the girls arms still around him.

"I'm going to miss you too"

"Now Yoona don't spend your time hugging an old snail like me" he joked pulling out of her hug.

"You might miss you flight"

"Come with me Sebastian" Yoona pleaded causing the older man to smile even more.

"Now Yoona you know I can't do that"

Yoona frowned knowing that his answer was final.

"But I will visit, any-time you feel like seeing a familir face, just call and I'll come see you"

Yoona nodded in agreement before hugging the old man again and bidding him goodbye.

The driver moved quickly along the streets to reach the airport in time. 

He helped the woman get onto her jet plane and signaled to the pilot to take off to London.

"Have a nice trip ma-am" The driver told her receiving a slight smile from the girl as he made his way off.

Yoona placed a pair of headphones into her ear leaning back into her chair as the sounds of the cello crept through the device and cluttered her head.

Like the infatuated musician she is, Yoona found her mind noticing mistakes and fractured notes through out the piece causing her to pull out pieces of music and start to note down what she viewed as imperfect.

*

London 2014

Yoona made her way off the plane and into the car that was waiting for her on the field.

A pair of four men bowed as her heels hit the cement  ground.

"Welcome to London" A Caucasian man dressed in a black suite spoke in harsh broken Korean. 

"I'm glad to be here"Yoona spoke fluent British English catching the gentle-man off guard.

"You speak English?" he asked her as she moved to the vehicle cello hanging by her side.

"that's great, please enter the vehicle. It will lead you to your destination.

As Yoona took slow steps to the black car a voice spoke loudly.

"Don't get in that car!" A woman with blonde short hair and dark shades yelled running towards Yoona.

Before Yoona could calculate what was going on, One of the four men attempted to force her into the vehicle.

"Stop" She yelled fighting off the force of the men.

The other man moved in assistance pushing the girls body into the vehicle ad shutting the door. Then ran to the front seat and drove quickly.

But the blonde woman had already taken down two of their men and jumped onto a black motor-cycle following the car.

Yoona panicking, started to pull on the door handle in effort to open it but it was shut closed.

"let me out!" She yelled at them only receiving no response.

The blonde hair woman pulled out a gun and shot at the tires as the men shot bullets back at her.

 

Through a black night the car slid harshly across the road leaving a trail of smoke a tire marks.

"" the man on the passengers side cursed holding his arm.

"She got me."

"get out" the driver yelled at Yoona causing the girls ears to ring at the sudden loud burst of sound.

She didn't move.

", get out!" He yelled at her again.

Yoona grabed the wires of her ear phones and wrapped it around the mans neck tieing it tightly as he suffocated.

The other pushed her back with his free arm causing her to loosened her hold.

Before the other man could stop coughing, a loud shot hit the door of Yoona's seat.

The petite woman yanked the door open pulling the girl out the car. 

"get on" she told Yoona as the girl jumped on the back seat and wrapped her arms around the strangers waist.

Yoona didn't ask where they were going or why, she stayed quite trying to calm down from the sudden event.

"Hay, you alive?" The woman asked stopping the bike near a large mansion the was isolated from any other homes.

Yoona did not reply, she stepped off the bike and stood in front of the woman.

Quickly the stanger parked her bike and removed her shades revealing light brown orbs and long lashes.

"I'm Taeyeon, Sebastian told me to meet you here, apparently due to your wealth it seems you were targeted. luckily Sebastian contacted us."

"You who are you exactly?"

"I just said it" the woman jokingly smiled.

Yoona did not smile back so Taeyeon cleared and explained further.

"I'm your new butler slash protector and so on, there are more people in London who will be watching over you but I can not tell you their names at the moment" 

"And is there any reason why I should believe you?" Yoona folded her arms.

"Ahh alright" Taeyeon smiled reaching into her pocket.

"Because of this" she pulled out a small tablet.

"What is that?" Yoona looked at her nervously.

"it's a message"

The blonde pressed the button and a hologram of a familiar old man popped up.

"hello Yoona, i'm sorry for the sudden notice but I knew once a London you would be targeted. That is why I have hired Taeyeon as your butler.

She is highly skilled and will take much better care of you than I ever would have.

Please stay cautious and away from alot of people, we still have little information on the group targeting you, so be aware.

I love you young master, take care of yourself and try to come home in one piece"

The figure disappeared after the last sentence.

"Now you believe me?" Taeyeon asked.

"yes,but please don't be a burden" Yoona finished moving to the door.

"Don't be a burden?" tayeon repeated."Me?"

Yoona turned to the spy dressed in black.

"Yes"

"ish" Taeyeon puffed out opening the door to the mansion. But before they could enter the building the young musician turned to her with urgency.

"My cello"

"Yes? what about it?"

"I left it at the airport while in the chaos of the moment."

"Don't worry I already have people cleaning the mess, they'll bring your things"

"I need the cello now, not the other things"

"Okay okay" Taeyeon patted the girls shoulder receiving a sharp glare which made her move her hand away.

"I will contact them to move quickly now please move into the home"

Yoona moved a few steps in before turning to Taeyeon who sighed loudly.

"Could you contact them now?"

"Okay just get in and settle down, I will" 

Yoona sighed and moved into the large modern mansion equipped with a spiral stair case, large television and kitchen along with two beds and baths.

Yoona observed the home for a while as Taeyeon pulled out her phone and contacted the other members in the other room.

"okay, i did it" She explained to the young girl  who sat on the chair nervously moving her fingers.

"You okay?" 

"i'm fine, I just have slight bit of anxiety...May i call Sebastian?" Yoona asked reaching for her phone which luckily she had in her pant pocket.

Before the girl could even dial a number, Taeyeon swiftly grabbed the phone.

"Give me back my phone" Yoona commanded moving closer to Taeyeon.

"Sorry princess but you can't use this?"

"Give it" Yoona reached for the phone but missed. Taeyeon smiled before chucking the phone against the wall harshly causing it to crumble.

"And what was that for?" Yoona asked looking at her phone that was now in pieces.

"Your phone, that one over there" Taeyeon pointed to the small pieces.

"Can easily be hacked.From now on you will be using this one"

Taeyeon handed Yoona a clear square that was translucent and almost unnoticeably.

"Don't worry it works, just state your name"

"Where?" Yoona asked looking at the square phone

"Into here" Taeyeon pointed to a small square hole at the top.

"Come on say it"

"uhhh" Yoona took the phone and turned it to the top.

"Im Yoona" she stated causing the phone to turn from translucent to black exposing a diverse screen that seemed close to a typical phone.

"there you go" Taeyeon said moving up the stairs.

"Where are you going" Yoona asked watching the woman.

"To take a shower princess, its hot and im bothered" she smiled at the girl who didn't get her reference.

"oh whatever" Taeyeon continued up.

"Oh and if your hungry theres a fridge of goodies"

Yoona nodded in undrstanding and brought her attentin back to the amazing device in front of her.

*

"Yoona?" Taeyeon yelled moving through the upstairs hall and back down from her shower.

"Yoona I..." She stopped after noticing the girl fast asleep in the couch with the new phone in her hand.

"Aww how cute!" Taeyeon joked sitting next to her.

"Huh" Yoona said gettin up quickly.

"nothing just watching T.V" Taeyeon responded.

"I fell asleep?"

"Yup, go take a shower and I'll show you to your room" Taeyeon told her as the girl followed the instructions clearly.

"so obedient, if only Yuri could be like her" Taeyeon told her-self with a smile.

Moments later

"TAEYEON!" Yoona screamed.

The blonde jumped from her sleep nearly sliping up the stairs.

"What?" She asked opening the door to Yoona.

"How do you make a bath?"

"What!?"Taeyeon asked astonished.

"Well you see I don' really make my own baths so"

Taeyeon groaned walking further into the bathroom.

"This is going to be harder than I thought"

"What does that mean?" Yoona folded her arms.

"It means your slow" Taeyeon joked slapping the girls forehead softly.

 

 

Your comments totally encouraged me to write, so... keep commenting people!!!!