Bag

ONESHOT HORROR COMPILATION: The Way You See Them

"Get your bag! Move fast! You're the only one we've been waiting!" My friends scolded me.

 

"Sorry~ I promise to get my bag fast!" 

 

I entered our school gate and went upstairs.

 

"Ah! Why did I leave my bag?" I scratched the back of my head.

 

I stomped my feet as I walked back toward our classroom. I went near the door and tried to open it. Argh! It's already locked! I came back for nothing. Sighs.

 

I walked away the room and suddenly, the room opened. I heard the door hit the wall. I didn't look back to see who opened it. Instead, I walked faster. Then, after some seconds, I heard the door close. This time, I ran as fast as I can. 

 

"." I cussed.

 

I heard all the shutting of the doors behind me. This scared me. As soon as I reached the gate, I ran toward my friends.

 

"Eh?! Where's your bag?" One of them asked.

 

"The door is locked." I said.

 

We walked away from the school. We went home together since our houses are just near each other.

 

As soon as I got home, I watched television first. And then, I waited for my mom. We won't eat unless she's already there. 

 

"I'm home." 

 

As soon as I heard her, I greeted her. Then, we ate our dinner.

 

"Sleep now okay?" My mom told me.

 

I nodded even if I will not sleep yet. I will watch shows first. I entered my room and took my laptop. I opened it and started watching all the shows I've downloaded. 

 

It was already past midnight when I heard my mom walking toward my room. I knew that she'll check if I'm already asleep or not. So I dimmed the screen of my laptop and covered myself with my blanket. I heard the door open, then, it closed. I can barely hear my mom's footsteps so probably she's going back to sleep or going to the bathroom. 

 

Once I removed my blanket, I was shocked to see my bag at my side. What the heck? How did this get here? 

 

I heard slow footsteps at my back. I don't want to look. 

 

"Mom? Mom? Is that you?"

 

No one answered. The footsteps are getting louder which means whoever that is, she or he is getting nearer. I felt shivers ran down my spine. 

 

"Mom?! MOM?!" I asked loudly, with my voice shaking.

 

I felt my bedsheet move. A hand was on it and drawing circles on it. 

 

"Mom?! MOM?! MOM?!" I shouted.

 

The person behind me didn't stop what he or she is doing. I want to cry because of fear. I hugged my bag and felt something inside it. Wh-what's this? I ran my hands slowly around the bag and felt something big inside it. 

 

I slowly held the zipper. I was about to open it when the person behind me held my hand and opened the bag for me. 

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" I shouted as I saw what's inside the bag.

 

It was a head! A HUMAN HEAD! IT WAS FACING ME AND SHE HAD HER EYES OPEN!

 

I turned around and saw a woman without a head!