The Smiling Woman

ONESHOT HORROR COMPILATION: The Way You See Them

"Jaa ne, Fuma-kun." 

 

I smiled at them and rode the train. The train wasn't full. I sat down near the door and waited for the train to move.

 

After all the passengers rode, the bus started moving. As I was looking around, I saw three passengers standing. One wearing a face mask, one wearing a student's uniform and the other one was wearing an office uniform. Weird. There were many seats but they're standing. Oh well. Why do I even care.

 

On the next station, the two standing passengers went off and there were more passengers. I looked around again. To my surprise, the passenger with a face mask was beside me. I felt something creepy about it but I just ignored it. 

 

"Ughsadafkfsdf..." The woman beside me whispered.

 

I can feel her looking at me but at the corner of my eye, she's not. But what really creeped me out was her eyes. They're smiling. 

 

The bus stopped at the next station. 

 

"Yosha." I stood up and went out the train.

 

Before I completely head outside the station, I looked back at the train. 

 

"Huh? That's weird." I muttered. The woman with the mask, wasn't there.

 

I shook my head lightly and continued walking. 

 

"Ahhadsakdsalfs..."

 

I looked behind me and saw the woman. She was smiling. I ran and ran until I reached the apartment. Before I entered, I looked back first and saw no one. I closed the entrance door and went to the third floor where my room was.

 

"Oh. Okaeri nasai, Fuma-kun." Marius greeted me.

 

"Tadaima." 

 

I was about to open the door when Marius spoke. "You have a visitor."

 

I froze upon hearing that. Who would visit me? 

 

"Who?" I asked softly.

 

Marius shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know her."

 

I faced him. "H-her?" 

 

Marius nodded. Could it be the mysterious woman? No. That's impossible.

 

I opened the door and entered. I kept the door open just in case, you know, the woman. 

 

"Just kidding!" Marius suddenly exclaimed.

 

There was no one inside. I just sighed and went to my bedroom and placed my bag on my bed. I took a quick shower before jumping on my bed.

 

"Fuma-kun, I'll just go out and buy something! Kento-kun and Sou-kun will be home before 7:00." 

 

I heard the door close. 

 

"Gaaah. What time is it?" 

 

I looked at my alarm clock. It's only 5:30 pm. I took my phone and played with it for a while.

 

I stopped playing when I heard a knock on the door.

 

"Marius, is that you?" I shouted.

 

There was a moment of silence. I felt the surroundings became cold. Who could that be? I shook my head and continued playing. If that's Marius, Kento or Sou, he will surely knock many times.

 

For the second time, I heard another knock. Not on the door but on the window. I...I don't want to look. I don't want to see who or probably what is out there. 

 

Again, another knock. Followed by another and so on. Those knocks weren't fast. They're slow actually. Still, I don't want to look. I don't even want to ask who is it. 

 

"Ahhfasjfdsfaslas..."

 

As soon as I heard that, my heart beated faster. I don't know what to do. Should I run? Should I scream? Should I just sleep? Should I continue playing on my phone? Should I call any of my friends? What should I do?

 

My thoughts were cut when my phone rang. I answered it.

 

"Fuma-kun, do you want me to buy you....eh? What's with that heavy breathing?"

 

I just sighed. I can't speak. I don't want to.

 

"Fuma-kun, daijoubu desu ka?" 

 

I nodded even though he can't see. 

 

"Fuma-kun?" 

 

"H-hai." I whispered.

 

I ended the call. Still, I'm nervous. I can't hear any noise. The knocking stopped. I'm hesitating to look at the window but I still did. I saw...nothing...no one.

 

I looked at my alarm clock. 6:00 pm. Ugh. Why is the time so slow? I just sat at my bed. I'm being anxious of my surroundings. 

 

Again, I heard a knock. It wasn't on the window. It was a knock on the door. ON THE DOOR OF MY ROOM!

 

"! !" I cussed continuously as the door slowly opened.

 

I CAN SEE HER! THE WOMAN ON THE TRAIN! SHE'S HERE! SMILING AT ME! WHAT SHOULD I DO! SHE'S THERE! AT THE DOOR!

 

"He he he.. Aaskdjafsaa..."

 

I closed my eyes and held my bed sheet tighter. After some minutes, I opened my eyes. She was already gone. I glanced at the left. I glanced at my right. I saw nothing. She's gone. I sighed in relief. 

 

"Ajdasfh..Are...adald..you...looking for me?" 

 

Once I heard that, I froze. I'm not even breathing. I slowly looked above the ceiling and SAW THE WOMAN STANDING THERE, SMILING AT ME.

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAH!"

 

 

~~~

I opened my eyes and saw Marius, Kento and Sou at my side. 

 

"Fuma-kun, what happened?!" Kento worriedly asked.

 

"Yeah! The man on the other room said he heard you scream. And then he saw the door open and you were lying on the floor." Sou said.

 

"Th-There was a woman! Smiling at me!" I exclaimed.

 

Marius looked at me, his eyes wide opened.

 

"A- a woman? I-is she wearing a face mask?" He asked.

 

I slowly nodded. The two looked at both of us.

 

"S-she was the visitor I was telling you when you got home."