Chapter 1

Stand By Me

"Don't worry, Min. I'll be by your side every day and every night."

Those were the few words my best friend, Cho Kyuhyun, said to me a day before he breath his last. Now, I'm here, holding a boquet of fresh white roses before Kyuhyun's stone epitaph. Memories filled my mind as I placed the roses on Kyuhyun's grave...
 
[Flashback]
 
It was like any other day at Seoul University except, today was the first day of school. Hundreds of students reunintiting with their friends as if they have not seen each other for a very long time. Amidst the huge crowd of people was one student, Cho Kyuhyun. Unlike the majority of the students in their university, Kyuhyun did not have any friends.
 
Kyuhyun was considered a loner, always prefering to be alone every moment of his life. Kyuhyun did not see any other reason why he should be going to school other than for education. He believed that friendship was a hindrance to his success so, he became distant to the people around him.
 
As Kyuhyun was heading toward his designated classroom, someone of his age bumped his shoulders, hard, causing Kyuhyun to jerk resulting to the fall of his newly bought books and notebooks. 
 
"Watch where you're going, you prick!" Kyuhyun said to the guy who just accidentally bumped into him a second ago. Kyuhyun looked up, only to find that the person was no other than Lee Sungmin.
 
"S-sorry, Kyuhyun-ssi. I should have been more careful. H-here let me help." Sungmin bent forward to grab Kyuhyun's heavy books. 
 
"Here." Sungmin said, handing Kyuhyun the set of books. After their encounter, Kyuhyun left without a word.
 
Lee Sungmin was the total opposite of Kyuhyun. Kind, helpful and friendly were the best words to describe him. With his friendly attitude, he was known as one of the popular boys in his school. Despite of his popularity, Sungmin always kept his head hung low. Sungmin was also the kind of person who Kyuhyun cannot stand being with but, who doesn't he hate?
 
"Listen up! Today you're going to meet your new partners for this year. We will be picking out one piece of paper from this box and whoever name is written on it will be your partner, understand?" Our professor said, his hand holding the box.
 
"Okay, Lee Sungmin. You go first." The professor gestured the said boy to go in front. Sungmin excitedly picked out one peice to paper from the box and he grinned happily when he look at it.
 
"Cho Kyuhyun's my partner!~" Sungmin chiper happily heading towards the said boy.
 
"Hey, Kyuhyun. I never knew we were classmates." Sungmin said. Kyuhyun just kept quiet hoping that the other would leave.
 
"Kyu? Did you hear me?" Sungmin yelled, eyebrows furrowing.
 
"The who class heared you, idiot." Kyuhyun said.
 
"Sungmin, what do you think you're doing talking to that boy?" Eunhyuk approached the pair.
 
"Hyuk, don't say mean things to Kyuhyunnie here." Kyuhyun grimaced at his given nickname.
 
"But, Min. No one even knows he's here and it's not like he even cares anyway." Eunhyuk left the two, hearing the schoolbell ringing.
 
"Hey, Kyu. Is it true? That you don't have any friends?" Sungmin asked.
 
"Yeah. Why do you care?" Kyuhyun replied.
 
"B-because, we're partners." Sungmin said.
 
"And that's all we're ever going to be." Kyuhyun left he classroom, leaving the other staring dumbfoundedly at the retrieving figure. 
 
"I'm going to change that. We're going to be the best of friends, Kyuhyunnie." Sungmin thought.
 
End of Chapter 1