Storm in her Eyes

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, this isn't the sequel of Untitled. This is a whole new oneshot, and as you may have seen, I've changed this into a collection~ 
And I know I'm supposed to be on hiatus, but the idea for this oneshot just strolled into my head randomly, and I had to write it. lol. Enjoy~ 

“What,” she dragged her hand across the counter lazily, “is our purpose in life?”

The bartender frowned.

“I mean,” she took a sip from the tiny shot glass in front of her, “what is certain in life?”

It wasn’t her first time at the bar, and certainly, not her last. The bartender recognised her well enough, knowing to give her a different concoction each time, some of his own special recipes.

“Not to love, for sure.”

She thought of the glistening, pale body that had straddled her just the night before, pleasing her in many, many ways. And then she thought of the empty bed she had woken up to, the empty feeling she had gotten used to.

“No, not for love. Or else we’d all be happy with our soul mates.”

The bartender cocked his eyebrow. “Not for work, I’d say. Not everyone has jobs.”

She let out a small hum of approval at his statement.

She laughed a little, “I see you a lot more than anyone else.”

And at that, the bartender had to laugh, as he crushed some ice, expertly mixing several shots of alcohol before serving it to another customer.

“Are you even old enough to be here?”

The question was light, teasing.

“Age is but a number, they say.” Her tone was solemn.

“Not in the eyes of the law.”

She nodded. “Numbers mean a lot everywhere.”

He studied the girl sitting by the counter.

“I see many

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter