KEEP RIGHT

Love Sign
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Year 2020, Bedroom of a Penthouse in Gangnam District, Seoul Korea

 

Loud blasting music of my ringtone woke me up from my stupor.

“Bloody hell can’t that caller stop calling me?!!!?!!” I swore under my breath before finally answering the call not even bothering checking who the caller was. “YAH! I hope this is a life or death situation!”

The line kept quiet. Finally checking on the caller ID to see the culprit behind disturbing my deep sleep and I found out it was non-other than Choi Suho.

“D-D Does…” Suho stuttered on the other line. “…a love situation count as an important factor.”

Exhaling deeply before replying. “Well, it depends…” Lowering the tone of my voice. “But if it’s about your love situation I don’t really care, SUHO!” Raising my voice again, I was about to end the call when Suho shouted:

“It involves Bae Suzy and you!”

Well that stopped me in my tracks, clearing my throat. “Well why did you not tell me in the first place?” Flopping myself back to my comfortable bed before continuing. “What can I help you with then Suho?”

“I uh was wondering why the hell are the three ladies gathered together so early in the morning. What I mean by the three ladies, I meant Suzy, Krystal and Sulli. They seem to be whispering and giggling together quite a lot and Suzy seems to be the source of good news. Does this involve you? I mean you just got back permanently to Korea for six months now.” Suho hesitated before curiously asking “So anything you’d want to share with us……like some good news?”

A soft arrogant smile formed in my lips. I could not help it since it might just be true that I, Kim Jong In, is the source of this get together between the ladies.

“Perhaps.” I vaguely replied to Suho. Trying to keep my tone of voice uncaring but deep within my heart I was foolishly happy.

“WOW! Congratulations brother! I knew it could only be you and no one else. I thought I heard some other guy’s name that was muttered from Suzy’s lips.” Suho nonchalantly responded happily. “Phew! I was worried it was some other guy. Anyway I will hang up now and get you back to whatever you were doing. We should meet up and celebrate with the boys within the week before you get yourself tied down.”

With all that said Suho immediately hung up. What did he say? Get back to what I was doing? How could I go back to sleep now and get back to that wonderful dream with Suzy.

“Darn it Suho!” I shouted between my gritted teeth. “I could not even remember what the dream was about. What was it?”

I gave up as an uncontrollable smile twitched on my lip. It’s my initial reaction whenever I see Suzy or even just think about her.

I suddenly stood up from my bed…”Wait?! What does Suho mean by being tied down?” I cocked my head and thought about it for a second wondering what Suho meant by that.

“Oh well!” Giving up on that thought almost immediately while I drift my thoughts back to Suzy.

There was a period in my life in where I completely gave up on Suzy and pursued other things in my life but now so far the signs are leading me to keep right. Hoping that keeping right will lead me to her direction.  I just wish that this road won’t suddenly end up in a cliff where I will fall and completely end everything.

 

Year 1999, Bae Family Residence, Gwangju Korea

 

I was a five year old toddler when my father decided to go on our first family trip outside Seoul. Especially now that my younger brother is two years old and will be easier to bring around. I was thankful that my mother, the always sensible, thought of visiting her friend since grade school Mrs. Bae. Since, I was enthusiastic in finally meeting the daughter of Mrs. Bae Suzy, the girl the same age as me, who I’ve only heard about from my mother’s conversations with Mrs. Bae.

Boy, was I not ready for this because as soon as I lay my eyes on little Miss Suzy the air in my lungs stopped functioning and my heart started rapidly beating in my ribcage. Knocking me off my perfectly peaceful world. A whole lot of emotions came forth which then I don’t really know the meaning of. So the only reaction I could possibly do was stand there with my jaws wide open while Suzy smiled shyly at me.

I was going to stand there frozen staring at her cute face with lips like cherry when those lips I was particularly staring at started to move.

“Hi.” She spoke. “I heard we were of the same age but…” stepping closer to me she gazed at my forehead, “though it seems I’m at least an inch taller than you. Kris is even two inches taller than you and yet his younger than you by a year.” Suzy bluntly stated to me in which I usually have an arrogant come back for, but then those mocking lips turned into a beautiful smile again and I was lost with my mouth gaping.

I was planning on staring the whole day when someone completely knocked me off from my daydream state by hitting my shoulder as that person sped past me to tap Suzy on the back and shouted on top of his lungs.

“You’re the “it” now Suzy shi! Come and get me.” That boy noticed the unmoving Suzy so he went back and comfortably put his arms around Suzy’s shoulder. “Yah!” Then he finally noticed me. “Oh look who we have here. I’m Kris.” The chubby cheeked boy grinned toothily.

Suzy shrugged of Kris’ arm off her shoulders. “This is Kim Jong In, the son of my mother’s friend. He will be staying with us for a while so be nice.” Suzy pointed out while pouting cutely at Kris.

“I’m always nice!” Kris defensively responded nudging his chest closer at Suzy

“Yes you are I know.” Suzy resigned to the idea before she glared back at Kris folding her arms across her chest and lifting her chin proudly. “But then your never nice to me just to other kids….you are nice”

I watched amusingly for the next five minutes as they bicker at each other. But then it was getting rather annoying especially because this Kris guy is getting all Suzy’s attention.

“Excuse me?” I spoke softly, no effect since they we’re still at each other’s throats. “Excuse me!” I spoke loudly this time. It worked since they stopped and turned to me at the same time.

“WHAT!” They said together in chorus.

Suzy was the first one to finally see the weirdness of the situation that is why she lowered her head as she blushed profusely.

“I was going to ask you guys if we can go out…..” I hesitated since Kris had a displeasing frown on his lips. “I was wondering if we could go outside and play.”

Suzy lifted her head finally forgetting her embarrassment as she smiled widely at me her eyes sparkling. “Of course!” Grabbing my hand she dragged me outside with Kris on our tail.

As I looked at the back of Suzy’s head her hair recklessly flowing until her shoulders. I realized back then the direction I’m going to be taking is behind Suzy. In which I did not disappoint since that entire week I was in Gwangju I was following Suzy wherever she took me. Just right behind her I stood even though killing myself for that decision since the place Kris took all the time was just right beside her.

I’d always envy Kris as he stood confidently beside Suzy while I lagged behind her when actually the place I should have taken was beside her. That is why before I left Gwangju as we stood in front of each other saying our goodbyes. Kris still stood on Suzy’s left side, I grumpily noticed, to change my place in Suzy’s life I took that bold step forward. I was one-focusedly directing my legs towards Suzy’s side.  As I turned and nudged my shoulders at Suzy’s own shoulders I finally saw that one inch heigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter