'Till...

'Till Death Do Us Part

"Donghaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeee~~!!!"

Donghae flinched when he heard someone call, or should he say, shout his name in public. Donghae really hate shouting. He hates it when someone shouts his name in public. He doesn't like ear-splitting noise. It annoys him, really.

"What the---", before he could finish his sentence, someone jumped in his back and gave him a hug. A huge and back-aching hug.

He turned his head to see who the heck shouted and jumped in his back only to see...

"YOU MONKEY! GET OFF ME!" he yelled at Hyukjae and punched his head.

"Ouch," says Hyukjae while rubbing his head, "You're such a masochist Hae." Hyuk pouted.

Yes. The one who called him is his one and only best friend since Lord-knows-when, Lee Hyukjae.

"What has gotten into you?! Why did you---?! Ugh, curse you Hyukjae! My back is already hurting and you're hurting it even more!" Donghae complained, "And you know I hate shouting, yet you're still shouting! Are you teasing me?!" he added.

"Omo... Omo, sorry Donghae~ I'm so sorry I didn't mean to. I mean, I just got excited when I saw you here. I was looking for you everywhere and I guessed that you're here, which is right because you're indeed here and I'm indeed brilliant, and I got happy and hugged you. Is that bad? And, are you having your period?"

"WHAT?!" Donghae shouted, even more pissed.

"You said you hate shouting... tss." Hyukjae whispered under his breath, "Because you're so hot headed. Just like a girl having her period... easily pissed off."

Donghae just stared at Hyuk with a poker face and replied with a hiss, rolled his eyes heavenwards, leaned his back to the cement so that Hyuk can't jump in his back again. He didn't leaned on the cement before Hyuk appeared because he hates the feeling of a cold wall touching his delicate skin. He doesn't know why he doesn't like it. He just doesn't.

"Stop talking nonesense hyukjae," he said and continued reading his newly purchased book. Donghae loves reading. Aside from biking and eating, reading is one of Donghae's most favorite hobby. He loves reading romantic novels. He always thinks that the lovers in the story is Hyukjae and him, leaving him blushing every time a romantic scene takes place.

"Why did you thought I'm here, by the way?" Donghae asked, not removing his gaze from the book he's reading

"Hmm... Because, you see..." Hyukjae sat beside him, "I just thought, maybe you're hanging out with your relatives."

"Huh?' Donghae looked at him and asked, puzzled. "What relatives? You obviously know that our relatives only stays here on holidays, Hyuk."

Hyuk smirked.

"You're leaning in the fish pond's wall, stupid." Hyuk said, emphasizing the word 'FISH'.

"So? Wha---" Donghae's mind seemed to buffer before he got what Hyuk was trying to say.

Donghae shot Hyuk a death glare, "I'm giving you 10 seconds to run away before I drown you in this 'fish' pond where, as you say, my relatives are living."

"HAHAHAHHAHHA C'mon hae I'm just joking." Hyuk laughed.

"Go. Away." Hae said seriously, looking at Hyukjae.

"Are you sure you want your suitor to 'Go. Away.'?" Hyuk .

Donghae's angry face turned ito a serious one.

"Lee Hyukjae, please stop it. I told you, that will just ruin our friendship. Enough, please. Let's just stay as... friends. Best friends." said Donghae, removing his gaze from Hyuk.

"What's wrong with it Hae? I ---"

"Just... please, Hyukjae. Stop it. It will just hurt the both of us. No, it will just hurt you."

"Why are you always saying that? No one's gonna be hurt. Why are you always rejecting me? Don't you love me?" Hyuk asked, unable to control himself. He loves Donghae so much since even-the-author-doesn't-know-when for Pete's sake! And every time this topic is opened up, the conversation will always end up with Donghae walking out, pissed.

"No! I mean, yes but... It's just that... ugh! Forget it!" Donghae gathered all his things, stood up and ran away. Hyuk saw this coming.

Hyukjae chased Donghae and fortunately, he caught him. He held Donghae by the arm.

"Wait... I understand. You need time to think. I'm not forcing you to love me anyway. What's important is that you know what I feel towards you. Well, I do hope you feel the same way too. But nah~ It doesn't matter if you love me or not."

"No Hyukjae you don't understand... Just... Just let go of me." Donghae tried to get away from Hyuk's tight grip but failed.

"Why? Is there any reason? What is it? Tell me. Tell me so that I can understand! Tell me, Donghae! Are you hiding something from me?!" Hyuk said, already losing his patience even though he don't want to.

"LET GO OF ME!" Donghae shouted. He forcefully grabbed his arm and ran away as fast as he could, tears streaming down his face.


It's been 3 days since Hae didn't showed up to Hyuk. Finally, Hyuk decided to ask for an apology from Hae because within that 3 days, he contemplated that maybe he's just too fast and he thought that he might've pressured Donghae. So later that night, he decided to visit Donghae in their house.

When he arrived at the front of Hae's house, he realized that all the lights are off. He tried to call Hae on his phone but he was out of reach.

He saw two teenage girls in front of Donghae's house and approached them.

"Uhm, excuse me, do you know where did the people who lived in that house went?" he asked them and pointed Hae's house.

"Oh, you mean Donghae-ssi's family? They went out of town. As what I've heard, Donghae-ssi requested for it..." said the cute, petite blonde girl with a short hair.

"I also heard he has---ow!" said the tall long-brown-haired girl but was cut with her words when the blonde girl hit her with her elbow and then pouted.

"Babo! We were the only ones who knew about that! Donghae asked to not tell that to him!" the blonde girl whispered.

Hyuk didn't pay attention to them after the blonde told her that Hae went out of town. His mind was tyring to absorb that information... His mind was trying to make up reasons why... is it because of him? Because Donghae requested for it. He requested to go out of town. Is that why he can't contact Hae?

Hyuk felt guilt build up inside him...

"Oh. Is he...?" the brown-haired girl whispered, "Uhm, mister... Are you Donghae's best friend?" she asked to Hyuk.

"Uh, y-yes. I am... Lee Hyukjae, by the way. Hae's best friend." Hyuk extended his hands to them for a hand shake.

"Oh. Nice to meet you. I'm Yoon Bomi, and she's my best friend, Lee Soonkyu." and they shook hands with each other.

"You can call me Sunny. We're Donghae's neighbor, and at the same time, friends." Soonkyu smiled, "Hyukjae-ssi, why don't you know? Donghae didn't mentioned it to you, did he?" she asked.

"He didn't..."

"Oh... that's odd. You're his best friend. How come he didn't?" Bomi questioned.

"Uhm, Bomi-ssi, Sunny-ssi, do you know when are they coming back?" he asked, not answering Bomi's question.

Bomi and Sunny looked at each other and shook their heads.

"Oh..." Hyuk muttered under his breath, "If... if they're back, will you please tell me? I'll give you my number, then text me if they already arrived." he pleaded.

"Oh! oh! oh! I remembered! Donghae gave us something! Wait, let me get it." Sunny said and ran inside her house and immediately came back.

"Donghae gave this to us... he said to give this to his best friend. So I think it's for you. Since you mentioned that you're his best friend..." Sunny said, lending Hyukjae a letter.

"Oh yeah I remembered. Stupid Donghae didn't told us the name. But we think it's for you." Bomi said.

"It's from him?"

Both of the girls nodded.

"Well... thank you. Thank you..." Hyukjae said, "Thank you Sunny-ssi and Bomi-ssi." Hyuk bowed.

"Drop the 'ssi'. Just call us by our names." Bomi smiled.

"Oh... okay. Thank you again Bomi and Sunny. And, nice meeting you." Hyukjae bowed again.

"Nice meeting you too, Hyukjae." Sunny smiled and bowed.

"It's our pleasure to help." Bomi did the same.

"So, I gotta go now. See you around! Bye~" Hyukjae said and then turned around and ran, tears building up in his eyes.

He ran as fast as he could while holding the letter in his hand, until he reached his destination.

The place where they last talked.. in the park's fish pond. A slight smile appeared when he saw the fishes. I miss you Hae.

He sat and leaned his back in the cement of the pond and held the letter right in front of his face, now is wet because of his tears.

Without any hesitations, he opened the letter slowly and read the content.

And while he's reading it... he can't help but cry his heart out...