Healing

Healing

Joonmyun shivered involuntarily he could still feel it. The cold metal against his gums. The drilling. Joonmyun jumped when he felt a hand touch his shoulder, spilling the now cold cup of coffee he previously held.

 

Joonmyun’s eyes met worried ones, the eyes of the man he had desperately protected at the risk of crucification.

 

Tears threatened to spill from his eyes. He was scared, he still was. He felt jumpy at the slightest things, afraid of everything.

 

Yi Fan pulled the smaller man towards him, into the warmth he could give to the younger man. Joonmyun was brave, and strong. So, very brave and strong.

 

There was wetness in his shirt and he could feel a death grip on it. Yi Fan wanted to pull away, pull away just enough to glance and make sure that his young lover was okay.

 

“Joonmyun?”

 

The younger whimpered and the fist on his shirt tightened its grip.

 

Joonmyun glanced up slightly, just enough for Yi Fan to see the emotions flashing across the younger’s face.

 

No words. Not a sound.

 

Joonmyun couldn’t talk, not for a while anyway. Until he could heal himself both mentally and physically from the torture he had endured.

 

Joonmyun let out yet another whimper when he felt the older man loosen his hold a little. Yi Fan tightened his hold immediately.

 

How could he ever repay the man in front of him. The small yet brave and bold man who had protected him from the pain that he himself had endured.

 

Simple. He would love this man and protect him forever. Yi Fan would never let another human being hurt him. Joonmyun would never be hurt again. He would be protected and cherished.

 

Protected and cherished.

 

With that in mind, Yi Fan lifted the whipering male into his arms and headed into their shared bedroom where Joonmyun would be cocooned in the safety of Yi Fan’s arms as they slept.

 

Yi Fan looked back at the spilled coffee on the floor, deciding that Joonmyun was more important.

 

He would clean the coffee tomorrow.