Resolution

ღ Third Time's a Charm ღ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

res·o·lu·tion [rez-uh-loo-shuhn]

1. a firm decision to do or not to do something.

2. the action of solving a problem, dispute, or contentious matter.

□ □ □ □ □

My fist connects to the white wood with a loud, sharp noise, and I begin my countdown. It's been precisely three seconds, as per usual, when I hear the expected crash sound from beyond the door.

 

 

"I'm coming!" his voice shouts from the other side, and I don't bother suppressing my inevitable smile as the anticipation grows, unable to keep from bouncing on the balls of my feet.

 

 

"I'm waiting," I tease, grinning when I hear him groan loudly.

 

 

There's a click, a shift and then the door swings open, my stomach performing acrobatics the second I see him.

 

 

"Luhan," I breathe, pink dancing across my cheeks.

 

 

"I don't remember having a brat for a boyfriend," he thoughtfully purses his lips before cracking a smile, reaching forward and yanking me inside by my wrist.

 

 

There's no denying it--he's in his usual fashion, wrinkled shirts and all. I'm about to make a cheeky remark about how a bird could make a home out of Luhan's hair when two figures stand up from the couch, one strikingly taller and built compared to the pale beauty.

 

 

"Minseok hyung!" I rush forward to hug him, smirking at Tao over my hyung's shoulder. 

 

 

"Sehunnie," he pulls me back and glances up at me, thoroughly checking my complexion. "You look good today, you're feeling better?"

 

 

"Yes, hyung," I pout cutely and he rolls his eyes. "Lu ge took very good care of me while I was sick."

 

 

"And it was so gross too," Luhan frowns deeply, his facial expression leaving the three of us cracking up.

 

 

"We were just on our way to the movies," Tao jumps up, sneaking a sly arm around Minseok's waist possessively. The shorter grins up at him and clings onto him with equal force, the panda's eyes lighting up visibly.

 

 

"Wanna come with? We're meeting Yixing and Jongdae there," Minseok asks us wholeheartedly but the look Tao gives me clearly indicates exactly what he hopes our answer will be.

 

 

"Well—"

 

 

"Actually," I hurry to cut Luhan off. "That's alright, we were just going to hang out here. Just go have some fun!" I elbow Luhan not so subtly.

 

 

"I..." when they're not looking I give him a death glare, and Luhan's huge eyes widen even more. "Y-yeah, what Sehun-ah said!"

 

 

"Though we'll do something all four of us soon, eh?" Minseok suggests and we all nod. "It will be our two month anniversary soon, and you will have been going out for three?"

 

 

"We can go eat or something," Tao pipes up and each of our heads bob in agreement.

 

 

"Well, we should get going anyways, Jongdae and Yixing are waiting!" Minseok leans forward and presses me into another embrace.

 

 

"Bye, have fun!"

 

 

"Tell them we said hi," Luhan adds, showing the couple out the door.

 

 

Waving cutely, I let Luhan see them out. I'm thirsty so I take the natural route to the kitchen. Padding onto the tile, I slide the rest of the way to the fridge, giggling when I bump into the door. I go to open it, hands pulling back at the stainless steel, when the paper held up by a Bambi magnet on the front catches my attention. Pursing my lips in confusion, I carefully move the magnet to the side and pull the paper up to my face, examining the front. 'APARTMENTS FOR RENT' is circled, Luhan's distinct penmenship marking up the margins of the paper. Funny...Luhan already has an apartment. Me standing here is proof enough for that matter.

 

 

"Why didn't you want to go? I haven't hung out with Yixing and Jongdae in awhile," the sudden intrusion makes me jump, and I sheepishly hide the flyer behind my back.

 

 

"O-oh, I don't know...Didn't feel like it."

 

 

He takes a step towards me and I clench the paper even harder, cringing when it crinkles loudly behind me. Even Luhan, usually oblivious to everything around him, notices, head swiveling down to see what's behind my back. I gulp when he reaches forward, his eyebrows furrowing together in obvious curiousity.

 

 

"What do you have?" he reaches forward and I back up against the fridge, the cereal resting on the top rocking back and forth.

 

 

"N-nothing!" I insist.

 

 

But it's a lie, and we both know it. Making a face, he lunges forward, his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter