に - divisions

GOTEI THIRTEEN > au facebook roleplay - grand opening!

[ This chapter will be filled out and changed during the roleplay. Nothing here is set in stone. ]

1st Division - Division of the Captain-Commander. 

Captain: N/A Lieutenant: N/A 3rd Seat: N/A

Insignia:  Insignia Signifies: Truth and Innocence Division Color:         

The First Division is ranked the highest among the 13 Divisions. Even subordinate members of the First Division are considered 'model' Shinigami. Emergencies must be dealt with swiftly; quick decisions and quick actions are essential. The division is able to ascertain a situation and mobilize it quickly even before an order is issued. That is the true value of the First Division. 

Barracks

Like all the other barracks, the 1st Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 1st Division. In addition, due to to the 1st Division being the division of the Captain-Commander, the barracks host the assembly hall where the captains gather for their meetings. The barracks also have a room set aside for lieutenants meerings. The Captain-Commander's office within the baracks commands a wide, sweeping view of Seoreitei.

2nd Division

Captain: N/A Lieutenant: N/A 3rd Seat: N/A

Insignia:  Insignia Signifies: Seek Nothing Division Color:         

The 2nd Division follows the traditional organization of a Gotei 13 Division. Because the Captain of the 2nd Division also leads the Onmitsukido (Stealth Force, more information lower down), its duties are directly tied together. Each of the top 3 seated officers are in charge of a certain branch of the Special Forces. The Captain is in charge of the Executive Militia, the Lieutenant is in charge of the Patrol Unit, and the 3rd seat is in charge of the Detention Unit. Members are tasked with assassination, policing, detention and message couriers. 

Barracks 

Like all the other barracks, the 2nd Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 2nd. The buildings are amazingly luxurious due to a reconstruction. The offices are said to boast automatic doors and heated floors. The barracks even have a hot spring. 

Onmitsukido/Stealth Force/Special Forces

If the Gotei 13 operate openly, the Onmitsukido patrols and conducts surveillance in enemy territory and carries out top-secret operations, such as assasinations and the executions of Shinigami who have broken the law. If the Gotei 13 aew considered an exterior guard, then the Special Forces is an interior, covert guard. 

Executive Militia (Punishment Force) 

The Executive Militia carries out missions that involve combat. They specialise in the unarmed combat technique known as Hakuda and is able to operate silently and in secrecy. Its members are dressed all in black, like a ninja, and are known for their cold-bloodedness. It is normally headed by the Commander-inchief of the Onmitsukido. 

Patrol Force (Security Force) 

Their appearances are unknown in order to preserve confidentiality. Specifically they are assigned mainly to the Seireitei area to gather data on uprisings. In the event of those under house arrast escaping they also are tasked with finding and apprehending them. 

Detention Unit (Management Force) 

The Detention Unit is responsible for the imprisonment and supervision of all criminals within the Seireitei. They also have another duty known as Special Detention, which concerns those who have joined the Gotei 13 but were judged to be a danger to their fellow Shinigami. They investigate, apprehend and keep these individuals sealed away from the rest of Soul Society within the Special Undeground Detention Facility, aka Nest of Maggots. This unit acts somewhat similar to a prison and mental rehabilation center. The activities of this division are shrouded in mystery and remains virtually unknown to the majority of the public as well as most Gotei 13 members up to the level of Lieutenant. 

3rd Division

Captain: N/A Lieutenant: N/A 3rd Seat: N/A

Insignia:  Insignia Signifies: Despair Divison Color:         

The 3rd Division follows the traditional organization of a Gotei 13 Division. It's previous captain having suffered a great defeat after committing treason against the Gotei 13, the 3rd Division is now working hard in order to restore its good reputation. It's members are known for their mischevious nature, people that enjoy pranks and do not want to give-up their 'playful side' are best suited for this division. 

Barracks

Like all the other barracks, the 3rd Division Barracks house the offices of the Shinigami of the 3rd. During his captaincy, the previous captain is said to have planted Persimmon trees in the barrack grounds and dried friuts himself to create hoshigaki, which he shared with other divisions. The barracks themselves are clean stylised like a traditional Japanese home. 

4th Division

Captain: N/A Lieutenant: N/A 3rd Seat: N/A

Insignia:  Insignia Signifies: Those Who Grieve Are Loved Divison Color:        

The 4th Division follows the traditional organization of a Gotei 13 Division. It is the medical/supply division. They are responsible for both treating the injured and doing most of the manual labor, such as cleaning the Seireitei. The 4th Division is further divided into teams that have specific assigned jobs. Other division members members use their spiritual power only for fighting whereas members of the 4th Division possess spiritual powers that are used to tend wounds and provide relief. They administer emergency first aid to injured division members and transport them to the General Emergency Relief Station. They are looked down upon by the 11th Division, who usually bully them around because they believe that the 4th Division are just a weak medicam team, as opposed to the 11th Division - which is combar-focused. 

Barracks

Like all the other barracks, the 4th Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 4th. However, the 4th Division also houses the General Emergency Relief Station, which is the primary medical facilility of the Seireitei. 

5th Division

Captain: N/A Lieutenant: N/A 3rd Seat: N/A

Insignia:  Insignia Signifies: Sacrifice, Danger, Pure Love, Humility, Sweetness Divison Color:        

The 5th Division follows the traditional organization of a Gotei 13 Division. The members of this division are all highly skilled, having been trained by a captain who excels at everything - including battle readiness. Members of this division are known to be gentle hearted and peaceful. Having also lost a previous captain, the 5th Division hopes to restore its image within the Gotei 13 with a strong approach. 

Barracks

Like all the other barracks, the 5th Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 5th. The barracks themselves are well built, with the Captains quarters being on the second floor. 

6th Division

Captain: N/A Lieutenant: N/A 3rd Seat: N/A

Insignia:  Insignia Signifies: Noble Reason Divison Color:        

The 6th Division follows the traditional organization of a Gotei 13 Division. It is seen as a model division by every Shinigami and is known for its strict adherence to rules.  Rule breakers are not tolerated in the 6th Division and the Captain will make certain members caught breaking the rules will be strictly punished. Members of the division are also enouraged to always use proper greetings as this is the first foundation of a relationship. Its high ranking members are known to be be part of Noble families that have a big sphere of influence around Seireitei.

Barracks

Like all the other barracks, the 6th Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 6th. These barracks are known to be built in an old fashioned, royal, style. It's surrounded by stone gates and has a porch surrounding the main building. Inside, it is stylised like a traditional Japanese home.

7th Division

Captain: N/A Lieutenant: N/A 3rd Seat: N/A

Insignia:  Insignia Signifies: Courage Divison Color:        

The 7th Division follows the traditional organization of a Gotei 13 Division. This division is made up of sincere, unpretentious people who live life with gusto. They believe strongly in moral obligation and compassion. This ethos has been passed down through the ranks of the 7th Division. The chivalrous men of the 7th Division respect honor above all else and in order to live by their honor, they will offer their blades and even throw away their own lives if they must to fulfill their duty. The division's atmosphere is one of passionate energy, with fine men and women who take pride in being well-built. 

Barracks

Like all the other barracks, the 7th Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 7th. It is like any other Japanese home, yet is it known for its unbreakable metal entrance.

8th Division

Captain: N/A Lieutenant: N/A 3rd Seat: N/A

Insignia:  Insignia Signifies: Everything is Obtained Divison Color:        

The 8th Division follows the traditional organization of a Gotei 13 Division. Mostly made up of women, it is a division that likes to make itself worthy of praise. It is known for its diversity in members, some are strict and follow orders to the letter and some are the laid back, party kind. Because they have no special duties, the 8th Division is like a jack of all trades - they take part in most things. Fighting, helping, medicine etc. On their days off, the soldiers of the 8th Division drink together. 

Barracks

Like all the other barracks, the 7th Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 8th. The building had 4 floors and a few smaller buildings surrounding it. Surrounding those is a stone wall. 

9th Division

Captain: N/A Lieutenant: N/A 3rd Seat: N/A

Insignia:  Insignia Signifies: Oblivion Divison Color:        

The 9th Division follows the traditional organization of a Gotei 13 Division. The mission of the 9th Division is to protect the Seireitei. It is always on standby for combat because it is the security force of the Gotei 13. Traditionally, 9th Division has overseen arts and culture. For this reason it is known to be in charge of the Seireitei News Magazine. All the lieutenants of the divisions of Gotei 13 hand in their reports to them. They are known to be an energetic division and a healthy one too. Many members of the division enjoy reading and exercising the mind. All known members of the 9th Division wear Kosode without sleeves, including former captains. 

Barracks

Like all the other barracks, the 9th Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 9th. The editing department of the Seireitei Communication magazine is also part of the 9th Division Barracks. It is known for having a lot of book shelves due to its officers love of literature. 

10th Division

Captain: N/A Lieutenant: N/A 3rd Seat: N/A

Insignia:  Insignia Signifies: Mystery, Egoism Divison Color:        

The 10th Division follows the traditional organization of a Gotei 13 Division. It is said that this is the division of the kind and thoughtful Shinigami, who do their work. They do not give up easily and are known to keep soldiering on no matter what you throw at them. The division itself has a good reputation and its officers are said to be very approachable and pleasant to talk to. 

Barracks

Like all the other barracks, the 10th Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 10th. It is well furnished and is known for the comfort it provides its officers. 

11th Division

Captain: [MUST BE TOUGH AND MUST LOVE FIGHTING] Lieutenant: Chang Yeri 3rd Seat: N/A

Insignia:  Insignia Signifies: Fight Divison Color:        

The 11th Division follow the traditional organization set down by its first captain. The division is also set up so that to become Captain of the 11th, the candidate must do so through the third methof of becoming a captain - killing the previous captain in front of the majority of the Division. Upon defeating the previous Kenpachi, the new captain takes on the name of Kenpachi (the best swordsman of each generation). The 11th Division is the direct-combar Division with a specialization in swords only combar, forgoing the other Shinigami arts and thereby being one of the most specialized divisions of the Gotei 13. As such, it is common practice for members to be carrying their Xanpakuto at all times. The division's doctrine of dominating in battle is what appeals to is members; they believe that fighting is what makes life worth living. This is what seperates 11th Division from the others and makes them the strongest division. Everyone in it is highly skilled in fighting. They believe if they are going to die anyway, go down fighting gloriously. The atmosphere in this division is extremely competitive and fierce, despite this - everybody gets along. 

Barracks

Like all the other barracks, the 11th Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 11th. The living quarters are known to be messy, since the division mostly attracts men. The dining room often has trash around it due to the members liking to drink a lot. 

12th Division

Captain: [MUST BE SOME SORT OF SCIENCE FREAK] Lieutenant: N/A 3rd Seat: N/A

Insignia:  Insignia Signifies: Vengeance, Strictness, Independance Divison Color:        

The 12th Division follows the traditional organization of a Gotei 13 Division. It develops new technology and spiritual tools and its been the home of the Shinigami Research and Development Insitute for 110 years. As such technological and scientific research has become the full measure of what the division involves itself in primarily. Members are tasked with research and collection of data and samples. 

Barracks

Like all the other barracks, the 12th Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 12th. Part of it is the S.R.D.I, which has its own gate. The 12th Division also run a cosmetic surgery clinic called Charismatic Dr. [insert future captains name here] Magican Clinic from the buildings controlled by the 12th Division.

13th Division

Captain: [MUST BE KIND, AND MUST HAVE HEALTH ISSUES] Lieutenant: N/A 3rd Seat: N/A

Insignia:  Insignia Signifies: Hope Divison Color:        

The 13th Division's organization is pecular; the captain, due to his/hers weakened health state, passes much of his/hers administrative work to his/hers Lieutenant. Otherwise, the Division is said to have a warm, supportive atmosphere. They are mostly in charge of ensuring the happiness of the citizens of Soul Society and are set out to reduce the poverty rates outside of the Seireitei. 

Barracks

Like all the other barracks, the 12th Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 12th. The Barrack grounds all contain the Ugendo Quarters which is set aside for the captain. He/She is known to rest there from his/her frequent bouts of illness. The pond around the Ugendo Quarters is filled with Koi stolen from the Kuchiki Family Manor by Chang Yeri.