Answer Sheet [1, 16]

20 Questions [Valentine's Day Edition]

Byunghun paced about the front door, fiddling with the hem of his school uniform in the process. Beads of cold sweat ran down his forehead, which didn't make sense since it it was a hot summer day. Chanhee could only stare in amusement as he watched his best friend fret over loosing his house keys. He wanted to get in as soon as possible, seeing as to how the hot weather made him feel icky and disgusting, so he decided that this idiocity had to stop, no matter how fun it was watching a Byunghun in distress. It was quality blackmail material, pity he left his phone in his locker in a hurry to catch the train. 

"Just ring the darned bell." Chanhee pulled his lips into a thin line. "If you're not going to do it, I will."

His hand reached out in an attempt to press the worn out button, only to be stopped by Byunghun's strong grasp. He gave him a deadly glare, message clearly sent across that he wouldn't live through the next day if Chanhee dared as much touch the bell. Chanhee sighed, giving in. He could always borrow one of Byunghun's spare uniform if his clothes got soaked wet, anyways. After all, it was his fault Chanhee was sweating like a pig. His mother would have a hard time getting rid of the stench. 

"What do you want to do?" Chanhee asked as he leaned against the brick wall.

"They'll start looking for us when it gets late." Byunghun replied. "We'll be saved then."

Chanhee widened his eyes in disbelief. "Excuse me," He huffed out. "Isn't it the same as ringing the freaking doorbell?!" 

"I don't see how it's the same." Byunghun frowned.

"Ring the bell now, they open the door and let you in; wait for them to look for you, they open the door and let you in!" He threw his arms in the air, frustrated. "How can you not get it?!"

Byunghun cupped his chin, deep in thought. "I see," He nodded his head. "I think you're right."

"What do you mean you think I'm right?!" He screeched. "Of course I-"

Before Chanhee could finish his sentence, the door slammed open, making both boys jerk upright in surprise. "What is all this commotion about?!" Mr Lee bellowed. His eye swept from side to side, taking in the scene before him. "Chanhee? Byunghun? What's going on?"

"Hi, uncle." Chanhee greeted. Mr Lee stepped aside to allow room for Chanhee to pass through. "I need to use the bathroom." 

"She's in the kitchen, cooking. You might want to use the guest bathroom." He yelled back, but Chanhee was long gone, bladder about to burst, he supposed. "Oh, no."

"Hi, dad." Byunghun mumbled sheepishly, trying to slip in the house without getting noticed. Mr Lee was quicker, blocking the entrance with his big build. "Erm... I smell lunch?" 

"Good," He commented with a frown. "Because you won't be tasting it." 

"Why not?!" His child asked, mortified.

"You lost the keys again, didn't you?" At that, Byunghun had nothing to say. He hung his head, avoiding his father's gaze, afraid of the punishment to come. His father exhaled. "I swear, next time, we're entrusting Chanhee with the keys."

Byunghun's head shot up, mouth ready to retaliate, but was silenced with a glare. His father marched off into the living room with Byunghun stalking behind, all the while murmuring about how cool parents these days shower their children with praises, and not entrust their house keys to their child's best friend. 

"I heard that." His father said loudly, voice hiding a trace of a amusement. His boy could be rather entertaining at times. 

Lunch started off great, as how it always was when Chanhee visited. Initially, it was planned for Chanhee's parents to come over for lunch, too, but they had some errands to run, and so the meeting was postphoned to Saturday evening. Chanhee came over after school regardless, much to Byunghun's dismay. He wondered if his parents were actually his biological parents, and if his life was some sort of drama. Who knows, his parents were so Chanhee biased, the pretty boy could possibly be their real child, given up for adoption due to unknown circumstances. 

Chanhee continued rambling on about how he actually learned something in History class today, the assigned teacher called in sick so a subsitute took over for the day. Since day one Chanhee complained about his bludge of a history teacher, which Byunghun highly doubted was true since Chanhee attained excellent results for the subject, anyways, until he personally had the teacher for History. He couldn't agree more after the first hand experience. 

"Stop talking with your mouth full. You're getting food everywhere!" Byunghun yelled across the table.

Chanhee chewed and swallowed the pieces of meat in his mouth quickly. "Mind your own business, eat your lunch! Any slower and you're going to stay a dwarf forever."

"I am not a dwarf!" Byunghun snapped. "You're not any taller than me."

"I'm not the one who hasn't grown since Year 6," Chanhee retorted. "Proves that I still have space to grow."

"Oh yeah?" Byunghun clenched his fork tightly in his right hand. "Maybe if someone didn't use me as an armrest, I would've grown taller!"

"You were the perfect height!" Chanhee chuckled. "Doesn't take up a lot of effort to ease my arm onto your shoulders."

"Boys," Mrs Lee's voice sounded from the kitchen, washing the cooking equipment used to cook lunch. "Play nice."

"I don't want blood on the dining table," Mr Lee added. "Marble's expensive."

They glared at each other from opposite ends, eyes not leaving the other as they each roughly shredded their own piece of beef with a harsh tug, roughly chewing at it.

"Chanhee's right, though," Mrs Lee spoke up out of the blue. "You need to grow taller, Byunghun."