Happy Valentines Day Luhan

Happy Valentines Day Luhan

Jongin woke up slowly and as soon as his eyes opened, they focused on the boy sleeping peacefully on his chest. Jongin wasn't sure how he'd gotten so lucky to get to wake up to the perfection that was Luhan, but he knew that he was damn sure going to hold on to him for as long as he possibly could. While he stared down at the boy and his hair, he was reminded of all the days he'd spent with Luhan; the days he'd come home from a bad day at work, the mornings he'd wake up to a fresh home-made breakfast and a smile, any day he got to spend with Luhan really. He smiled down at him and decided that he had to do something special for the love of his life today. He slowly got up out of the bed, making sure to not disrupt the boys sleep and padded down to the kitchen. He wasn't much of a cook, but he would sure as hell try. Here goes nothing...

~~~~~

Luhan awoke from his peaceful dream of Meadows and Jongin and pretty colors and Jongin to the smell of... something burning? He didn't register the smell at first, but as soon as he did he shot out of bed. He ran down the stairs as fast as he possibly could and burst through the kitchen with his eyes wide. What he saw next made him laugh probably way too obnoxiously, but he just didn't care; Jongin was standing over the stove covered in flour from head to toe and looking worried. He looked up at Luhan who was still laughing and frowned.

"Shut up you jerk, I was doing this for you." He says as he throws yet another batch of dark pancakes into the trash can. Luhan knows that, if not for the flour covering Jongin's face, he'd be blushing furiously. Luhan grabs a towel from one of the drawers and wets it at the sink. He walks over to Jongin and, against Jongin's wishes, starts to wipe the flour off of his face.

"Stop squirming dork, I'm trying to clean off your face." Luhan says and Jongin groans, frustrated, but stands still for Luhan to wipe the flour from his face. When he opens his eyes, he sees Luhan staring up at him with a small smile on his face. He tries to at least pretend that he's upset at the other boy, but he couldn't be if he tried. He leans down and kisses Luhan slowly.

"So, let me guess, since it's Valentines Day, you decided to be like every cheesy romcom movie ever made and try to cook for me right?" Luhan asks him when he pulls away from the kiss and Jongin rolls his eyes.

"Maybe." He says and now it's Luhan's turn to roll his eyes.

"Well, instead of you burning down our kitchen, how about we order takeout?" Luhan asks and Jongin smiles at him.

"I guess we might as well. ” Jongin says slightly sadly as he stares at the trash can that is full of burnt pancakes (they were chocolate chip, Luhans favorite). Luhan grabs his chin and gently forces him to look at him.

“It’s fine Jongin, it’s the thought that counts, and I love you for that. ” Luhan’s known Jongin for so long that he can practically read his mind by now. “And yes we can order Chinese take-out you little weirdo. ” Jongin smiles at that and Luhan’s heart may flutter just a little.

~~~

Instead of being like most normal couples and going out to a fancy dinner and getting flowers and chocolates and all that gross stuff, they do what they’ve done since before they even started dating; they rent a bunch of stupidly disgusting romcoms, get in their most comfortable pjs, and veg around on the couch with an endless amount of junk food and takeout. The only difference between this and when they weren’t dating is now they can kinda relate with some of the sickeningly sweet things that happen in the cheesy movies. Oh, and they are also cuddling closely on the small couch.

“Eww.” Jongin says as the main character says something sweet that makes his almost-but-not-really girlfriend blush.

“You are aware that you’ve said literally the same thing to me before right?” Luhan asks him and his hands tighten around Luhans waist.

“Yeah, but I looked cute when I said it. ” Jongin says kissing Luhans neck repeatedly. Luhan giggles and swats at him half-heartedly.

"You're so full of yourself." Luhan says and he can just feel Jongin's retort coming as if he's reading the boys mind.

"Kinda like you were last night?" Jongin asks with a smirk that Luhan knows is there without even looking at the boy. He rolls his eyes yet again, but he still blushes profusely and refuses to give in to Jongin's pleas to be forgiven. He stands up without a word and walks towards the kitchen to a chorus of Jongin's pleading voice following right behind him. When he enters the kitchen, he's surprised by the pink and red overflow that fills is almost spilling over from the inside of it. He feels Jongin's arms slide around his narrow waist and squeeze. 

"You didn't think I'd give up that easily did you?" Jongin smiles against Luhans neck and Luhan's too speechless to say anything except "When did you have time to do all of this?" He asks and Jongin smiles.

"Technically, I didn't. Just know that a few people helped me get everything set up, but all of the gifts were my idea." Jongin says still not letting go of Luhans waist, even as the boy starts walking toward the array of flowers and balloons that liter the table. Luhan spots a card that is littered with only Jongin's writing, and he can tell it's going to be embarrassing by the way Jongin hides his face in the back of his neck, so of course that's the first one he opens. On the inside is a short poem;

"Roses are Red

You know this to be true

And the only thing truer

Is my love for you!

Happy Valentine's Day Luhannie. <3

- Jongin." 

Luhan blushes and turns around in Jongin's embrace. 

"This is the corniest thing I've ever read. It's also the most amazing thing anyone's ever written me. Thank you so much Jongin." Luhan says a little tearfully and hugs Jongin close. Luhan would always remember this corny Valentines Day poem as the best gift he's ever gotten.

~~~~~~

A/N: So sorry about the late upload, but I've been working all day. Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this and had a very Happy Valentine's day!!!!! <3