Eighth Wonder Of The World

Eighth Wonder Of The World - Xiumin

Words echoed inside your head as your feet gently kept a slow beat as you walked home, your bag hung over your shoulder as you repositioned it feeling the heavy bag lift from your shoulder just to be set down on the other one.

I hate you! You’re so ugly! You’re no fun! Go home and leave us alone! No one wants you here! You are a nobody!

Phrases like these made your eyes slowly close as you fought back the stinging tears. Working as a nanny had it’s perks but most of the time it was really hard. Days like these just made you hate the job even more but you were persistent, it was the only job that you had at the moment and there was no sign of another one on the horizon.

Opening your eyes, you caught your balance on the uneven ground as you turned and walked down the lonely side street to get to your small condo that you shared with Xiumin. Trying to distract your mind, you thought of Xiumin and wondered if he was home, what he was doing at this moment in time.

Lifting your eyes to the soft light that bled into the darkness as a small weight lifted from your heart knowing that you wouldn’t be alone when you got home.

Trudging up the steps, you pulled your key from your pocket as you slid it in the door. Your shoulders instantly relaxed and slumped forward as you took in a deep breath and let out an exhausted sigh, slipping off your shoes you hung up your coat as you closed the door behind you.

Xiumin looked over his shoulder and the couch as he heard the door close. His expression was light and happy as he shot his smile for you in your direction as you let your hair fall from the braid you had it in, running your fingers through the braid, your hair straightened as you kept your head down. His expression changed quickly from happiness to concern as he got up and rushed in front of you.

"What’s wrong?" He asked as his hands gently rested on your arms as his thumb moved against your skin. Lowering your head more, you shook it as he tried to look at your face. "Do you want to talk about it?"

His arms gently rose to your shoulders as his other hand tucked your hair behind your ear. Taking a step towards him, you wrapped your arms around his torso as you pressed your face into his white shirt. Moving his hands to around you, he rested his head against yours as one of his hands made their way to your hair gently petting it as the other hand held you tightly pressing against your ribs. Sniffling came from you as you closed your eyes and your tears couldn’t stop from falling onto his shirt. 

"It’s ok baby" He said against your hair as he rocked you back and forth as you fought with the demons in your head that began to scream the bad phrases to you. "Everything will be ok" He felt your breathing become rapid as he closed his eyes trying to give you some happiness through his body heat to you.

The next moment, your grip released from around him as your head lifted, he moved and looked at you with soft and listening eyes. “What’s wrong?” He looked at you with almost begging eyes as his hands moved down to the small of your back. “Can’t you tell me?”

With his soft words, you knew you couldn’t keep it for long as you closed your eyes a few more tears fell from your eyes as you then looked up at Xiumin.

"I’m ugly." You mumbled as your eyes slowly dropped from his. He felt his hands soften on your back as he tried to look in your eyes again.

"No, you’re more beautiful than all the seven wonders of the world to me." Xiumin said softly as his fingers began to play with your hair thinking of some ways that he could cheer you up. "Do you think you are beautiful?"

With your eyes looking up slowly at him, you knew that he would only believe you if you looked at him in the eyes. Locking your eyes with his, you shook your head as he stopped breathing, his heart crumbling as you saw his eyes turn sad almost heartbreaking as you pushed his hands off of you an with what little energy you had left and walked back to the bedroom. Slamming the door behind you, Xiumin slowly got pulled back into reality as his world crumbled before his eyes. Looking over his shoulder at the closed door, he began to breathe again as his hands dropped to his sides.

Taking a few soft steps, he walked up to the door as he pressed his ear against the wood door, he heard your crying as he could only imagine you on the bed crying your eyes out. Your body heaving with every breath and all he wanted to do was wrap you in a tight hug and never let you go.

Yet his head knew a better way, his knuckles knocked against the door softly.

"Go away! I-I don’t want to talk to anyone." You called as your voice cracked and stuttered.

"You don’t have to talk, you just have to listen." Xiumin called through the door as his hand pressed against the door. He waited for a response but one never came. "You’re beautiful, ok? You are the most beautiful from the hairs on your head to your toes, every inch of you is beautiful." Xiumin pressed his ear against the door again as he closed his eyes thinking of you holding your pillow against your chest with your knees pulled up, crying into the pillow. He knocked on the door softly just to make sure that you were listening.

"Your hair is so soft all the time, it smells wonderful and I love to comb my fingers through your hair. I love the way that your eyes look in the sunlight, or when they are asleep, they make my heart skip a beat and I wanted to thank you for letting me see your eyes, seeing who you really are and everything that you want to be. Your nose is so cute and perfect and it is perfect for kisses. Your ears make me want to whisper in them every second that I have you in my arms. Your cheeks are so soft and when they are next to mine I feel a connection between you and me. Your lips, there are so many things that I could say about them. " Xiumin gently opened the door slightly so he wouldn’t have to talk so loud, as he predicted you sat on the bed just like he had seen. Sliding down the wall, he looked over at you as he continued with a blush tingling his cheeks.

"Your lips. They are perfect, so soft and kissable, the words that they spill makes my heart flutter and my breathing stop. They are beautiful. Your chin and neck are beautiful and I know you are ticklish there and so when I need you to laugh I tickle you and your beautiful laugh comes out and makes me smile no matter how sad I am. Or when you are sleeping, I gently draw on your neck as I can’t help myself." He leans his head against the wall as he raises one of his legs up and wraps his arms around it as he thinks of everything.

"Your arms feel perfect wrapped around me, when you sleep or when we cuddle. Your fingers are magic when they roam through my hair and you give me your famous head massages, they fit in my hands perfectly and I wouldn’t trade them for the world." Xiumin explained every part of your body as he moved closer into your shared room.

Peeking his head in, he saw a small smile on your face as you wiped away your final tears. Xiumin got to his feet as he moved to the edge of the bed. Sitting down, you felt the dip in the mattress as you saw him sitting next to you with his arm on the pillows behind you. His arms welcomed you as you leaned over and rested your head on his chest as his arm wrapped around you and intertwined with your fingers.

"Do you really think I am beautiful?" You looked up at him with your eyes glistening from the aftereffects from the tears.

"I do, every inch of you." He kissed your forehead gently letting his lips linger against your skin. "I meant ever word that I said." He moved down to your cheek as his thumb moved over your fingers.

"Thank you, I should listen to you more often." Fluttering your eyes closed, you moved your ear against his chest as you heard his heartbeat. Moving your body next to his, he wrapped his arms around you as he watched you carefully.

"You’re my eighth wonder of the world." He pet your hair softly as you slipped into sleep, letting his beautiful words fill your mind knocking out the demons that were in your mind just a few short hours ago.