Final Chap - It's our beginning

Our Never Ending Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 20 years ago scene flipped, now, the grown up girl is the one who held her mother's hand, they walked on the path that they have crossed long ago. Huge differences can be found, the street that used to be peaceful, now full of crowds, the adjacent houses and shops transformed into high raise offices and apartments, the bicycle bells now turned into car honks. One still remained, that small alley between those apartments.

" Honey, do you still remember you asked me to buy you that expensive Barbie ? "

The girl chuckled, remembered how expensive the doll was, she couldn't imagine if her mom didn't threaten to seize her Nintendo, probably she would regret her choice to buy that damn expensive Barbie. Well, she still got another doll, for free even, and this alley led them to the shop, the classical shop belongs to an old woman, where she found the doll which she had already packed into the old case and kept it under her bed.

" How about you, Mom? still remember the old shop where I went to without telling you? "

" You called it  'went' ? I remember I called it 'sneaked' "

Both of them giggled, reminiscing their past is a fun thing to do, but it also made them realize how long it was, how many years have passed. The younger girl stopped her legs again, held her mother hand, she remembered it was the place where the shop was, her memory is still fresh, like she went there yesterday, she could remember the classic shop's details and ornaments, even the granny face and where the princess displayed, but she couldn't believe her eyes neither her memories right now.

" Mom, it's here, isn't it?" she wandered her eyes, looking for signs.

" It should be "

" so, why it isn't ? " her eyebrows knitted together, her eyes grew bigger.

" maybe she moved, honey "

" moved the shop too? there isn't any buildings here, even signs of there was one "

Sunny couldn't believe her sight, the most logical thing is she forgot the place, but no, she went there twice, the last time she went there alone, and found the shop. She still didn't believe it and went to ask the nearby coffee shop.

" sir, do you know where the classic shop over there moved to? " she asked the owner and pointed her index to the empty slot.

" what do you mean miss? there isn't any shop there "

" I know, that's why I asked where it moved to "

" There wasn't any shop there miss, it has been empty since I opened my own "

" How old is this cafe ? "

" I have been ran this cafe for 30 years "

Sunny astonished, she didn't expect the answer, she thanked the owner before she left the cafe.

..

..

..

" Good luck, Jessica " someone spoke in her own mind while looking at Sunny who walked away , she moved her cup of coffee with her trembling hand closer to her wrinkled lips.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Sunny just finished her bath, her towel still hang on her neck. She sat herself on her bed and faced the TV, she turned it on. She jammed the remote couple of times until her finger froze. It was a Disney channel with fairy tale is being shown, her memory of what happened this afternoon awaken. She turned it off immediately and brought herself to her desk. Her hand started to move toward the old book. It's there, It's real, It can be touched, and she checked another proof, she bent down to grab the maroon case, slightly wiped off the dust on it, unlocked and opened the case. The princess is still there with her furniture. She touched them one by one, made sure they were real, made sure her memory of what happened years ago are real.

She sighed when she remembered the cafe owner answer, well, if it was only him, she wouldn't care so much about it, but she asked all the nearby shops, houses, and almost all of them gave the same answers, some said they didn't know. She took the princess and the book, stared at both of them.

" What's wrong with today? " she asked herself desperately while throwing herself back to her bed.

" It's the last day, please, broke the curse before it's midnight! " A voice out of nowhere spoke

" Whoaa! Who-who are you?! " Sunny was shocked, she immediately jolted up and looked around her room, but she couldn't find anyone there besides herself.

" Please, I've waited hundreds of years for this, just break my curse "

" P-Princess? The princess from the book? I-Is that you?? "

" Yes, it's me, there's no time to waste, I wouldn't have any chance to live if it isn't today "

" Ho-How? "

" The words on the book are the clues, please, figured it out, you're the only one who could do this, p-- "

" Wait! what??! Shouldn't it be the prince?? Hey!!"

No answer... The voice is gone, so did Sunny's logic, she already lost her mind, what happened today is the most unbelievable things she could think of, no, she even couldn't think of it. It made no sense at all, first the whispers that she has been heard before she slept, although she just thought that they were parts of her dreams, second, the granny shop was missing and people claimed there even wasn't any of it, and now, that whisperer really talked to her and turned out to be the cursed princess from the story book she had been read and told her to broke the curse that only can be done by the prince who was killed by the witch, what on earth could be more confusing than this?

She sat herself on the bed since she lost her strength on her feet. The book is on her left hand and the J-Princess is on the right. Sunny still tried to understand what had just happened earlier, her brain worked so hard, but still she couldn't find any theory that could explain her situation. She looked at the book.

" This is ridiculous! " she threw the book across her room, " Whoever you are! Stop this prank! I won't fall for it!" She exhaled so loud, put her elbows on her knees, faced the floor, but the princess who's on her hand blocked her view.

" What are you staring at? Do you have illogic story too?" she stared at J-Princess cynically then smashed her own body to the bed, staring at the ceiling.

minutes passed, Sunny let out a grunt, " God damn it! " then she moved herself across the room to picked up the old story book.

" For god's sake! I finished my master degree and start to believe all this s, damn! " She kept grunting as she walked back to her bed.

She opened the book, " the words on the book are the clues " she said to no one particular, mocking the unseen voice, " Great! what else can be on the book? All of it are words! couldn't she give a clearer hint?"

She kept flipping the pages, trying to figure out what words did the 'voice' mean. Then suddenly she remembered the last page she just found hours ago. She read it.

" the day when the curse was born is the day when the curse will broke, three unspoken words are the key to open a chest hid the fairy, if the fate is on your side, then the long lost love will reunite" she paused," I didn't go to college for this, Einstein's riddles are easier! "

She tilted her head back, the light bulb of her room was in her view, not her attention, she kept repeating those words in her mind, " the day the curse born is the day the curse broke ", " when? "

She started to search the pages that contain the cursing incident, she was skimming through the book, then she found it ,

' The evil witch held her stick up, facing the princess, she laughed with her cracked, dry voice. Made everyone who heard it couldn't resist to cover their ears. It was so loud yet made your soul felt so lonely. " My, oh my, looked at you.. The princess who is adored by all her people, have no power against mine! What's so great to have a beautiful face if it only bring you misery? " Then she started to laugh again, even harder. The prince couldn't resist, he stepped forward, " You! The evil soul of demon, back to your place before I punished you! " he pulled out her sword, defended himself and the princess.

" Oh! I'm afraid, Prince Bright, please forgive my soul!" The witch made disgusting face expression of fear, mocking the prince. " You thought that you'll get rid of me by those words? " She swung her stick in round, made the sword left the prince hand. "Are you an exorcist?! " She walked closer to them, clutch her magical wand even harder, pointed it to the prince, and said " any last words? " with a wide grin that showed her rotten teeth.

The prince looked back at the princess, held her hands, and said " please, at least, let us married even we have to die after it "

" Fine, wish granted "

The ceremony started, even with intensity and fears from the people who gathered around the ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter