Chapter 6

Forbidden Royalty

 

"Um.... Hyuna?"

"It's fine guys, you can come in."

Jongin and DongJun came back in hesitantly.

"What did my father say to you?" Jongin asked.

"He... Well, he know that Queen Se Ah will get me soon enough, so he told me to be careful. He told me that, as soon as the queen gets rid of my siblings, I'll be next for marriage. On the bright side, that's better than dying right?" Hyuna said with a smile.

Jongin and DongJun looked at eachother. Hyuna stopped smiling and sighed.

"Maybe death is better than marrying an unknown man." Hyuna said looking down.

DongJun slammed his hand on the table, making the other two jump.

"Don't you dare say that again Kim Hyuna. I'd rather see you alive than dead. Look, even if the heavens fall, I will always protect you. I promise that. Just promise me that you'll try your best to be safe." DongJun told her sternly.

"DongJun..."

"Hyuna, DongJun's correct. I don't want to loose you either."

"Princess Hyuna. Queen Se Ah is here to see you."

"Help me." 

Jongin, DongJun, and Hyuna all stood up.

"Let her in."

"Hyuna!" Se Ah said walking in.

The two boys left them alone.

"So. I have been looking for a perfect husband for you."

Hyuna opened in surprise.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes! And I have found the perfect man! His name is Kris Wu, and he is the crown prince of China! I have already talked with the emperor there, and he agrees! Isn't this exciting?"

Hyuna didn't know what to say. China?

"Pardon me your highness. China? Does...does my brother know about this?"

"No, not yet. I'm planning to tell him tomorrow. Any who, this will be amazing! Imagine, you will be the empress of China!"

"However, does Prince Wu know about this?"

"I'm sure he was told by his father. You are to leave with your brother to China in a few days to meet the prince. You may take DongJun and Jongin with you, though I do not think it will be the best idea. While you two are gone, I will be running the kingdom, so no worries."

Before Hyuna got a chance to say anything else, Se Ah stood up and left the room. Hyuna sat in the same spot dazed.

"Mistress Hong?" She quietly called out.

"Yes Princess."

DongJun... a..and Jongin please."

In a second, the two boys were in her chambers again.

"CHINA?!?!?" DongJun yelled.

"PRINCE WU?!?!?" Jongin yelled with a pang of jealousy at his heart.

Hyuna nodded,"We leave in a few days to see him. I'm scared.... Arranged marriage to China? I didn't think of that...."

"Prince Wu... He's known to be the ice prince. He has a heart of ice, and hates most girls. He's very tall.... Good at fighting and more. But China?" Jongin said.

"How do you know all that?" DongJun asked.

"Father."

"Ah."

"You guys are coming with me. In a few days... King JaeJoong and I will meet him in China, while the queen runs the kingdom... This isn't good." Hyuna said.

"Hyuna. I know you don't like speaking with King JaeJoong, but you have to tell him that you don't want to get married to that cold hearted prince. You have to tell him yourself. I can't let you go to China!" Jongin said.

"Calm down Jongin." DongJun said eyeing Hyuna for help.

"Calm down? I can't calm down! That Queen is about to send the most beautiful girl I ever saw to a foreign country with a cold hearted prince! How can I calm down?!"Jongin shouted standing up.

"Um... Jongin?" DongJun carefully said again.

Realizing what he had said, Jongin felt his cheeks grow hot as he met Hyuna's eyes. They bore into him without mercy.

"I...I... Forgive me." He said running out the doors.

"Jongin!" Hyuna called out, but it was too late. 

"What was that about? He just called you beautiful!"

"Yeah.... I heard." Hyuna whispered.

Seeing that she was not smiling, DongJun made a plan.

"I don't get it."

"Hm? What do you not get DongJun?" Hyuna asked.

"Why did he say you were beautiful? I knew you for more than ten years, and I can't  find a speck of beauty on your face." DongJun said smirking.

"Yah!!!!"

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

Kim Jongin was the biggest idiot in the world. How could he say that to Hyuna? Yet alone in front of DongJun? He groaned in frustration. He was the biggest idiot in the world.

"Jongin! Jongin!" 

"Princess Hyuna! Please stop running! You will ruin your dress! Princess Hyuna!"

"Kim Jongin!" 

Jongin spun around to see Hyuna running up to him with maids following behind her. He looked away from her and was starting to run, but...

"Yah! Kim Jongin! If you try and run, I'm going to hit you with a pillow!"

That stopped Jongin in his tracks. Facing Hyuna's pillow was scarier than this. Sighing, he turned around and waited until she caught up to him.

"Where's DongJun?" He asked.

"DongJun? Oh, he called me ugly, so I hit him with my pillow." She answered casually.

"Oh...okay?"

"Jongin, why did you run?" Hyuna asked.

"I...um..."

Hyuna raised her eyebrows at him.

"Fine. I was embarrassed that I said all those things in front of you. To be honest, I was jealous. I didn't want you to go to China and leave me for that cold prince. Also.... I was scared that DongJun was going to be mad at me, since you guys are all...." He stopped and looked down.

"You idiot."  

Jongin looked up to see her smiling.

"DongJun and I are just friends and nothing more. Truthfully, I was hoping you would get a little jealous." Hyuna admitted.

His eyes rounded,"You..you did!?"

"Yes. So, no need to be embarrassed. I'm glad that you're jealous, but we have to stop the Queen from sending me to China. I don't want to go."

"There's no way I'm going to let you go."

"PRINCESS HYUNA!!!! YOU'RE LITERATURE TEACHER IS HERE FOR YOUR LESSONS!!!" A maid yelled from a distance away.

"Oh my luck. Well, I'll see you later Jongin. Please take care of DongJun. I believe I have hit him remarkably well in the face." Hyuna said smiling.

"Of course."

"Thank you."

She stood on her toes and planted a kiss on his cheek. Mistress Hong widened her eyes, and so did Jongin. Hyuna walked back with Mistress Hong talking away, but Jongin was too surprised to move.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"Queen Se Ah. I do not think that killing the other royals is the best solution. Why don't we just let them be? They cannot be a serious harm to king JaeJoong like you believe." Lord Kang said.

"I will not hear any of it. As soon as I get rid of the royals, my dear husband can be ruler of Korea without anything in his way. I'm just a loyal wife trying to do her best for her husband." Se Ah replied. 

They were in her chambers, with the most important lords with her.

"However my queen, if the king finds out..."

"He will never find out that I was behind it all. I will create the situation as if it were an accident. Executing some worthless slaves out in the city won't be a problem. We can kill Hyuna when she is moving to China. Yunho will be discarded while sleeping, and Eun Ha can be discarded while traveling to her new home. It is perfectly set. Get your servants and soldiers. The plan starts as soon as my king leaves for China with Hyuna. She will be our last target."

"Yes my Queen!" They all shouted.