Final

A Different Reality

            “She’s dead, L.Joe…” Chanhee spoke in a barely audible tone, resting a hand on the other’s shoulder to hopefully comfort the shorter. Six boys crowded L.Joe’s room, looking down at the ground, not saying a word.  Hours earlier, Sohyun had disappeared into thin air so all of the boys decided to search for her in the city—a small community that mostly made up out of houses and a few stores, but nothing; she was missing. It was only when Chanhee discovered the body of his best friend, lying down on the hard pavement without a pulse. Her cold body was surrounded by her own thick, crimson blood and was found in the park near by their school, death approximately 5:45P.M.  The boys had no clue who would do this to her. Sohyun was a very social and kind person; she had many friends, the best grades in the school, beautiful features and a loveable personality. Her death completely threw everyone off their tracks, but L.Joe knew that this was no accident and someone had purposely done this to his beloved.

            “I think… I think I might know who did this to Sohyun.” Ricky, the second youngest of the boys said, standing up from his original position. He wasn’t really one for words, but Sohyun mattered to him as much as the next guy in the room.

            “Who could have done it?” The other five questioned, looking up at him.

            “Our rivals…”

            “What are you talking about!?” The leader shouted, crossing his arms. “They haven’t caused any trouble for some time now, Ricky; are you sure about this?”

He nodded sternly, clenching his fists. “Daehyun was always jealous of L.Joe because he had Sohyun. I’m sure that his group would have caused this since they’ve been on the down low. You guys have to trust me.” Everyone looked at each other with a desire of revenge. In a few nights, B.A.P would get what was coming to them, and they weren’t going easy.

            That night, L.Joe was in a deep sleep, dreaming of the memories that he and Sohyun shared together. All the happy things they’ve done and promised to do would be gone and it was all because of Jung Daehyun. Daehyun always had to beat L.Joe at everything he did. In sports, L.Joe was always second place, right behind Daehyun. His streak ended when Sohyun transferred from San Francisco to their city, Beaverton. Daehyun had fallen head over heels for the new girl, but she had eyes for L.Joe. Right then and there, Daehyun swore he would get revenge for the couple that ruined and embarrassed him.

            Suddenly, the face that they boy grew to love, appeared in his dream. She was smiling at him. He learned to love that smile so much and it was taken away. L.Joe could see himself in his own dream, standing over the body of the expired Sohyun. Daehyun stood in front of him like a reflection with a smirk on his face and a knife in his hand which was stained with the woman’s blood. Before he could see anything else, L.Joe woke up, eyes widening. He couldn’t wait anymore; L.Joe had to act. He grabbed his jacket and a random object on his desk, slamming the door as he began to run. He knew exactly where to go. B.A.P headquarters weren’t that far from where he lived. The six rival boys were all probably awake, snickering about the murder, but L.Joe was surprised to see that all the boys were asleep. 

            Without realizing it, his hand rose up and slammed his random object into one of the sleeping members. A sharp cry was heard and it was enough for the leader, Yongguk, to switch the light switch on, horror filling his eyes. L.Joe had stabbed a boy named Jongup in his stomach. The other five boys stood up, fearful of their rival. One by one, the tried to attack, but it was useless. L.Joe’s mind wasn’t working properly. Something had snapped in his mind. Before he knew it, the knife was slashing into each boy’s body, the thick, red liquid spilling with each stab. Five boys lied lifeless on the floor, Daehyun looking up at the armed L.Joe, panic and fear showing in his eyes.

            “L.Joe, stop this! Your obsession has gone too far!” Daehyun cried out. “You’re insane, you hear me? Insane!”

            L.Joe laughed, gazing at the knife that was only filled with the color of crimson. “What are you talking about, Daehyun? You deserve this! You killed her! You killed Sohyun so you deserve to die!”

            “What? I never killed her! L.Joe, she’s my girlfriend, not yours! She was never yours! You’re a lunatic!” Before L.Joe could reply, he heard a faint noise of sirens come towards their location. L.Joe’s eyes widened, looking around for an exit and left the almost lifeless boy where he was. L.Joe ran and ran until he couldn’t hear the sirens any longer. He panted with the blade still in his hand as he looked up to see a mirror. It was exactly like his dream except it wasn’t Daehyun staring back at him, just a reflection of himself. Voices filled L.Joe’s thoughts, making him drop the blade, holding his hands to his ears, trying to erase everything. The sounds of sirens came closer until they finally found where the male was. Two policemen grabbed him and shoved him into the back and the voices slowly went away, L.Joe drifting off to sleep once again.

            When he awoke, the room was filled with white. He tried to get up but failed, looking down to see that his arms were tied to a white suit. He screamed and shouted, but no answer. The voices began to fill his thoughts once again, louder this time. L.Joe’s ‘friends’ never really existed, he killed Sohyun and the rest of the B.A.P members. L.Joe had a different reality from everyone else. Sohyun wasn’t his or will ever be. Everything was just an illusion; L.Joe was insane.