Die For Me

Die For Me [one-shot]

 

The snow in the city of Seoul was especially beautiful today. The flakes were big and beautiful, and they were glistening towards the ground in the moonlight. It was one of the the coldest night that South Korea had seen in a long while, and that was saying a lot in the winter season of Korea.
 
Two of Seoul's residents however, were quite warm outside. Cho Kyuhyun, and Lee Sungmin were holding hands beneath the stars at the park near the river. The pair was looking out at the city's beauty in awe. Kyuhyun however, was a little agitated.
 
Sungmin turned to him and asked, "Kyu, what's wrong?"
 
"Nothing," he replied, not looking at his lover, "But you know I love you, don't you?"
 
He was a little confused, but said, "Yes…what's this about."
 
There was silence for a few minutes, and then Kyuhyun turned to him with pleading eyes, "Min, yesterday after lunch, when Zhoumi and I were walking to class…he kissed me."
 
Sungmin was stunned and his heart was broken.
 
"…and…oh, God Sungmin, I kissed him back."
 
There was a dead silence. Sungm'ain was running through all the memories of the thing they had shared, and all the "I love you"s and kisses.
 
"Please," Kyuhyun begged, "I am so sorry…I didn't mean to, I wasn't thinking!"
 
Sungmin eyes looked up at Kyuhyun, and the pure expression broke his heart. His tears were freezing on his cheeks. Without warning, Sungmin went darting off into whatever it is behind them. He was running as fast as his legs could take him. Away from Kyuhyun and away from his heartbreak that was killing him inside.
 
After a while, his legs are so numb from the fresh snow, that he lets his body drop into the snow. He had no will to move.
 
No more than 20 second later, he felt a warm hand on his back. Then he felt himself being flipped over. This let Kyuhyun see the love of his life crying bitterly with his face bright red from the snow.
 
"Sungmin, please, listen to me! I love you with all my heart, and I need you more than you will ever know. Please forgive me…"
 
"Kyuhyun, I can't take the lies anymore."
 
With that, he set off running back in the direction he came from. He was short of breath, freezing cold, and everything hurt.
 
'How could he love me when he betrayed me like that?' Sungmin thought as his feet pounded harshly on the snow.
 
Memories of Kyuhyun were going to be the death of him.
 
Sungmin stopped dead in his path. The Han River was glittering in the night, and it looked so inviting. Maybe that was it! He could stop all this endless pain, but there was only one way out.
 
He heard running behind him, and he knew it was Kyuhyun, just there to fill his head again with false hope, so he ran at the waters edge.
 
Sungmin had never before felt something this cold. The water made his bones ache in pain, and he knew he could not breathe long in this temperature. Perfect.
 
He was up to his waist by the time Kyuhyun broke through the trees, panting heavily, and crying his eyes out. He stopped suddenly when he saw Sungmin, and horror appeared on his face when he figured out what he was doing.
 
"Min, no…" he whimpered.
 
"YOU DON'T LOVE ME! LIFE ISN'T WORTH LIVING!" Sungmin screamed, though the cold was now softening his lungs, and slowing his movement. He turned around, knowing he had little time left to finish what he had come here to do.
 
The water was so painful around him when he sunk below the level of his head that he wasn't thinking real thoughts. The only word in his mind was "Kyuhyun." It seemed like he had been in the water forever, so he knew his end was close.
 
He vaguely heard splashing and felt his body being dragged to the surface and towards the shore. Soon, warm arms were wrapped around him, and he felt kisses being pressed on his face.
 
"Kyu?" He murmured.
 
"Min, please, listen to me. I love you more than I have ever loved anyone else before. I don't know why I did what I did, but I would give anything to take it back. Believe me, you are the only good thing in my life right now, and without you, I am nothing. I would give everything I had for you…"
 
Sungmin softly interrupted, "I love you…so much…"
 
"Sungmin, I would die for you."
 
The arms wrapped around Sungmin grew tighter, and he knew it was going to be alright.
 
THE END