oo1

Fading Scarlet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As per usual Hwang Miyoung sat alone in corner of the chaotic cafeteria, silently observing her peers. While they laughed and talked amongst themselves as though they didn’t have a care in the world Tiffany couldn’t help but let a sigh leave her lips, wishing she could do the same. She didn’t fathom how they could find light in their lives, how they could even smile. She shook her head, sighing once more as she tilted her head down to her lunch – overcooked rice and stale kimchi. Having no appetite as always she pushed away the food and laid her head on a somewhat clean area of the table, trying to ignore the aches that blanketed every fiber of her being.  She slowly fell into a deep slumber, ignoring everyone around her. They all thought of her as invisible, so why should she act any different towards them?

 

“Tiffany, sweetie, what are you doing up this late at night? What is that smell?”

“Oh, umma! I was just making some – umma? UMMA!”

 

“Oppa, umma just  - Oppa, this isn’t funny! Wake up! Oppa…”

 

“There’s nothing we could do. I’m sorry.”

“It’s all your fault, Tiffany. You killed them!”

 

“I’m sorry, Michelle. I love you, but… your sister…”

“So taking umma and Leo wasn’t enough? You had to take appa too?! I HATE you!”

“U-unnie… stop… please…”

 

                Tiffany jolted awake, sobs escaping as she held in a scream. She rushed out of the cafeteria not even caring whom she bumped into or what people might say. All she cared about was running away – away from the memories, away from the pain.

 

-

 

     Squeals pierced the air as he strode into the cafeteria, hair messily styled and blazer casually slung over his shoulder. Flashing a quick smile at his fangirls, he went on his way.

     Kim Jongdae lazily strode toward the cafeteria’s center table, lightly raising his hand as a greetin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter