Two Separated Hearts

Two Separated Hearts

__________’s POV

“Can you believe that from today, we’re gonna be the school basketball team?” I asked in disbelief as I jumped in excitement.

“Well, you’ve already assigned for it, right?” Chae Rin, my tomboyish friend, asked to clarify.

“I know, but this is the first time I become a team of something,” I said excitedly. Then I saw a guy from a distance. His handsomeness and his voice made me wondered

“Chae Rin, is he… our teacher?” I asked Chae Rin curiously. Then she took a glance at the teacher.

“Maybe, I don’t know. Ask the seniors,” she said as I saw a senior standing not far from the point. I immediately went there and asked them.

“Excuse me, senior. Is he our teacher?” I pointed at the guy as she nodded.

“Yeah, he is,” the senior said. Then she realized something. “My name is Sung Li by the way. Welcome to the basketball team.”

“Thank you…” I said as we shook hands. Then we saw a senior who just come to the court.

“Sung Li-ya…” she wanted to say something but suddenly paused as she looked at me.

“Hi, I haven’t seen you around. My name is Min Ah. Nice to meet you,” A senior who turns out named Min Ah said as she shook my hand.

“Nice to meet you too. My name is _______,” I said as I smiled.

“Everyone can all of you gather now?” the  handsome teacher said as we walked to him.

“For the newcomers, my name is Mr. Woo. I will be your teacher for this year and few years to come,” he said. ‘Oh, so his name is Mr. Woo,’ I thought. As I looked at him head-to-toe, I whispered to Chae Rin.

“God, he’s so handsome… >.<”

“He’s not my type, though. I’ve already have a bias and he’s more handsome that the teacher,” Chae Rin said as she looked somewhere else.

“Why you have to be a mood-breaker?” I whined as I elbowed her arm. She pointed at herself as a sign of ‘Me?!’ when Mr. Woo scolded us.

“Hey, both of you. Why you’re talking to each other?”

“Sorry, sir..” both of us said in unison.

“Now, let’s start with stretching,” he said as we start stretched ourselves.


When the students learnt how to pass a ball…

“Why I can’t pass the ball well?” I scoffed as I held the ball in my hands.

“Have you heard that practice makes perfect? Ask the teacher for that. He’s the expert, right?” Chae Rin suggested as I shook my head.

“Why?”

“I scared…” I whispered to her as she gave me a weird look.

“What do you scared of? He’s just a teacher, right?” Chae Rin said as I pout. Then I whispered to her again.

“I scared that he will know my feeling.”

“Your… feeling? Don’t say that…”

“I like him.”

“What?! Are you kidding me?” Chae Rin shocked. “You know that this school is high in discipline. Both of you will get scolded then…” she waved her hand as a sign of ‘bye-bye’.

“Yes, I know."  I immediately said making her rolled her eyes.

“Stop with the talking. Throw the ball to me,” Chae Rin said as she held out her hand.

“I’m not a good thrower.”

“Just try.” As she said that, I threw the ball. Instead to her hand, the ball bounced somewhere else.

“______.....!!” She yelled as she fetched the ball. Then I saw a figure came to me. It’s Mr. Woo. Wait a minute, Mr. Woo came to me?!

“What’s wrong?” He asked as he pulled me back to reality.

“Oh, Mr. Woo. Nothing, just have a bad pass, I guess”

“We can fix that. Look, your friend having the ball,” Mr. Woo said as he pointed at Chae Rin who already had the ball. “Throw the ball to me.” Chae Rin immediately throw the ball to him then he gave the ball to me.

“You have to hold it like this for chest pass,” he said as he held both of my hands and dragged it onto position. My heart was beating fast as he put my hands to the right position. A glimpse of warmth that ran to my hands from his made me feel warm.

“Now… throw,” Mr. woo said as he made my hands threw the ball perfectly.

“How… how could it happen?” I said in amaze as I looked at him.

“If you concentrate and have a good skill, it can happen” he said as he smiled. Then he went to the other corner of the court since Senior Sung Li called him.


Chae Rin’s POV

‘Is she totally in love with him until she looked at him nonstop?’ I asked myself as I looked at _____ who’s looking at Kevin the whole time.

“_______…” I called her but it didn’t work.

“_______…” I waved my hand in front of her face but it didn’t work either.

“Fine, you make me do this,” I mumbled as I knocked the ball making _____ shocked.

“Hey?!”

“What? You’ve been staring at him for decades," I yelled made her fliched.

"Sorry..." I said then asked ________ in whisper. "Do you like him so bad?”

“Maybe…” she said as she glanced at me. “Anyway, I want to take some drink okay?" She said as she went to the bench to take her drink.

“Is she serious about that?” I mumbled as I stared at ________ in disbelief.


Narrator POV

“Is she serious about that?” Chae Rin mumbled as she stared at ________ in disbelief. But not just Chae Rin who stared at _________, Sung Li also stared at her. Not in disbelief, but in envy. A huge envies that going to twist her love life apart.


The next day…

It was a sunny day and school hall usually become the nice place to take a break by a lot of students. _________ and Chae Rin were walking to the canteen through that hall when two persons came from the opposite direction and one of them tripped _______ until she’s almost fell. Thank God Chae Rin has a good reflect so she can save _________ immediately.

“Hey, watch it,” Chae Rin yelled as those two persons turned around. It turns out; both of them are the two seniors from the basketball team.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t see you there,” Sung Li said like she’s totally sorry but she’s actually smirking in the inside.

“It’s… okay, Chae Rin. I can handle this,” _________ said as she tried to get up.

“See, even __________ says ‘OK’,” Min Ah, the other senior, said in victory. They want to leave but Chae Rin pulled their back collar.

“I’m not done with you two yet,” she said as she death glared them as ______ pulled Chae Rin from them.

“I’ve already say that it’s okay. Just come on,” ________ said as she pulled Chae Rin from the seniors, which without their noticed; put their victory smile upon their face.


_______’s POV

“Why they have to be like that?” Chae Rin scoffed as she ate her meal.

“I don’t know myself,” I said to Chae Rin. Then she said.

“Maybe they heard what you said yesterday. We didn’t whisper the whole time so probably they heard us.”

“There’s a possibility about that, though,” I said as I thought what Sung Li did to me few minutes ago. ‘Why she have to do something like that?’

“Maybe we can ask them,” Chae Rin suggested and I shook my head as a response.

“Why?”

“They not in a good mood. Ask them later,” I said.

“Ask who?” We heard a boy said as we looked at the owner of the voice. It was Mr. Woo.

“Ask the seniors. They tripped _________  at the school hall,” Chae Rin explained as Mr. Woo nodded.

“I’ve heard. The whole students at the hall were talking about it,” he said as he sat next to us. “What’s the problem?”

“We said something that probably makes the seniors insecure so maybe that’s why they tripped me,” I explained to him.

“Fine, anytime they did it again, you just call my name. Okay, _______?,” he said as he patted my head. Then he went away, leaving me stunned.

“___________...” Chae Rin called me as I was pulled into the reality.

“Yeah?” I blurted out as she sighed.

“Don’t fangirling too much,” Chae Rin said making me confused.

“Is fangirling just for fans and idols? Like you and...” I asked curiously.

“Yeah, only in your case, you’re the fan while Mr. Woo is the idol,” She said making all make sense.

“Ok, Rinnie,” I said as I smiled. But in my head, what Mr. Woo said and did still replayed over and over in my head.


Narrator’s POV

After that day, every time _______ was being bullied by the seniors, Mr. Woo always there to help her. But as time passed, as Mr. Woo helped _______ every time, he started to like her because she’s strong at handling this problem which should be make the victim feel bad about themselves. As for _______ herself, she fixed her wrong techniques making her as one of the top players in the team, besides Sung Li. Few months later, Mr. Woo gave them a last instruction to his team, which contained _______, Sung Li, and the other students, before tomorrow they will compete in a championship.

“Okay everyone, nice job. With your play like yesterday, there’s no doubt that we can get first place,” Mr. Woo praised the team as they cheered.

 “I want to meet the teacher first. Could one of you pick the ball inside the storage?” he asked as Sung Li has an evil plan in mind.

“Sure,” Sung Li said.

“Okay, I’ll be back…” Mr. Woo said as he sprinted inside the school front hall. Once he was out of sight...

“Who wants to volunteer?” Sung Li said and as she expected, _______ raised her hand.

“Fine, take the ball for us,” Sung Li said as _______ immediately went to the storage. Without her notice, Sung Li followed her from the back. Then as she searched for the ball…

*Door locked from outside*

“Hey, open up!” _______ dropped the found ball and knocked the door a lot of times as Sung Li smirked on the outside cause her plan worked.

“No way I will open the door. You steal my brother, now it’s my turn to steal your shine on the court,” Sung Li said in victory as _______ shocked. ‘Mr. Woo...he  is… her BROTHER?!’

“Have you known that my full name is Woo Sung Li? Ha…You wouldn’t know, you’re too busy taking my brother’s attention,” she said again making ______ dropped herself on the floor. ‘Tell me that all of that isn’t real. But...’

“It’s not my intention to do that, Sung Li. Open this door and let’s finish this problem together in peace.”

“Your time is already up since my brother helped you. So it up and stay there until we’re back,” Sung Li said as _______ heard footsteps walking away from where she’s locked.

“Sung Li…” a guy called from where _______ as she heard footsteps walking back.

“Have you realized that you also locked your brother as well?” That guy said again as _______ recognized that it was Mr. Woo. “And... the headmistress is the only one who has the pass key.”

“I’ll go get it for you, but not for her,” Sung Li said as Mr. Woo cut her off.

“Release me AND HER or no one will got out from this storage.” As Sung Li heard that, she’s immediately ran upstairs searching for the headmistress as both of them sighed.


_______'s POV

“Why you’re here?” I asked as Mr. Woo looked at her.

“I know that my sister will do that so I sneaked into the storage and hide here,” he explained. Then I remembered what Sung Li said earlier.

“Have you known that my full name is Woo Sung Li? Ha…You wouldn’t know, you’re too busy taking my brother’s attention,”

“Is she really your sister?” a question just blurted out from my mouth.

“Not really. She was adopted when she was 8, so technically she’s my adopted sister. She did that since I’m the only family she has,” Mr. Woo told me. Then the situation became awkward so both of us want to open the conversation.

“I…” we said together making the atmosphere more awkward.

“You first,” Mr. Woo said.

“I want to tell you a secret,” I paused as Mr. Woo stood closer to her. “I’ve been watching you since we first met. I was happy when you said you will help me and you fulfilled it. I think… I have a feeling towards you.” Mr. Woo stunned for a while then he said.

“Maybe there’s a secret that I have to tell you. I love you too, ever since you told me your problems with my sister, I saw your strong determinations as I’m in love with you. That means your feeling won’t become a one sided love after all,” he said as we smiled to each other. Then out of nowhere, Mr. Woo pulled my face as he moved his towards mine for a kiss. But when our lips grazed each other, the door opened revealing the headmistress and the shocked Sung Li outside the storage made us immediately pulled out before they saw what we just did.

“Both of you come out. NOW!” the headmistress suddenly said as Mr. Woo and I went out, facing her awkwardly.

“Did all of the things that you both say was real?” she asked. Mr. Woo and I just stunned because of the headmistress’s loud voice.

“Fine, don’t think about it first. Compete for the school then I will call you again,” she wisely said as we nodded and she left.

“It’s true, lil’ sis. That’s why I don’t like you treated her that way,” Mr. Woo said to Sung Li as we walked outside, leaving the stoned Sung Li behind.


Narrator's POV

After that incident, without their notice, the headmistress called _______’s mom. She talked to her making them facing the hardest decision ever.

“_______…” _______’s mom called as _______ lazily come to her mom.

“Why?” she said but as she saw a lot of suitcases, she started to get confused yet scared.

“Mom, what’s this all about?”

“We’re moving to Canada,” Her mom answered making _______ shocked.

“What? This instant?” She asked in disbelief.

“Yeah. I’ve heard from your headmistress that you feel in love with a teacher. Thank God she didn’t expelled you in dishonor so I still relieved,” _______’s mom said again. As _______ want to complain…. “and no more excuses. This is my final decision.”

“Yes mom…” _______ said as she went back to her room.


At the day of departure…

“You’re leaving? Why?” Chae Rin asked in disbelief as _______ bitterly smiled and _______ whispered to her.

“Our relationship got caught because the headmistress knew and she called my mother.” She just stunned then she looked at her.

“Where are you going?”

“Canada. We have a relative there so… that’s why,” _______ answered.

“So we will never see each other again for this three years?” Chae Rin asked as _______ nodded.

“So nice to be your friend,” She held out her hand as Chae Rin accepted it.

“Nice to be your friend too,” she said as they exchanged smile for the last time.

“Thania, time to go,” _______’s mom called.

“Yeah,” she said to her mom. Then she turned to Chae Rin. “Tell Mr. Woo where I am, OK?” Then _______ walked to her mom as they called a cab and went away, away from everyone’s live, including his, forever.


“Where’s _______?” Mr. Woo asked as the others raised their shoulder. As he panicked, Chae Rin poked him.

“Yeah?”

“She went to Canada because the school called her mother,” Chae Rin whispered as Mr. Woo bitterly smiled.

“Thanks for the info,” he said as Chae Rin went back to her place.


Few years later, in Canada…

_______'s POV

“_______, there’s a new basketball teacher here. He just entered this university few days ago,” Selene, one of my friends from Australia, said.

“Really? So that means, we will have a new coach,” I said excitedly as Selene nodded.

“Can’t wait for the college to end,” I said as they went in to class.

School end…

“Who is the teacher anyway?” I asked curiously. Selene looked around as she found the one we’re looking for.

“There he is,” She said as she pointed at a guy that I actually knew. It’s Mr. Woo.

“Can you wait for a minute?” I asked Selene as she nodded. Then I walked to Mr. Woo and without my notice, he also saw me so he walked towards me too.

“Finally we meet again,” Mr. Woo opened the conversation as we looked at each other.

“Yeah, finally,” I said as we exchanged smiles.

“Since we're not in highschool anymore, should we start over our relationship?” he said as he held out his hand. “My name is Kevin Woo. You can call me Kevin. Nice to meet you.”

“My name is _______ _______. Nice to meet you too,” I said as I accepted Kevin's hand.

~The End… ^^~

Finally, it's updated *sighed*. How is it? I know it's long but 'longer is better' ^^. I'm totally sorry for the late update because of a lot of assignments coming on + tests. But yey, I'm updating right now.

Beforehand, I want to say thank you to...

Kpopsister123

MakneaKissMe

fArhonEy

for subscribing ^^. Kamsahabnida :D

Don't forget to enjoy, comment, subscribe, and upvote (my other stories) everyone (^_^)/