Parteu FOUR

Sweet Destiny

 

Leeteuk’s finger moved an inch, feeling the soft fabric as his eyes opened slowly. He scanned the cold white room, using his elbows as a support. He groaned and fell right back to the cozy bed, closing his eyes again. His jaw stinging and his body felt numb as he tried recalling what happened before he pass out.

“NADINE!” his eyes flung open as his hand went in search for his phone. It was 8:47PM.

There were 7 missed calls and 3 new untouched messages. He pressed the button and read the message one by one.

“From: DivaHee

YAH. YOUR GIRLFRIEND SAID YOU FAINTED BECAUSE SOMEBODY PUNCHED YOU IN THE FACE.”

Leeteuk sighed. “He’s going to tease me about it and make it his newest lame joke,” he thought. He pressed the arrow for the next message.

“From: DivaHee

PARK JUNG SOOOOOO! WHERE ARE YOOUUU! REPLY WHEN YOU SEE THIS. YOU WON’T ANSWER YOUR PHONE. YOU’RE ALIVE AREN’T YOU??? TEUKIIIEEE YAAAAAAHHH!!!!” 

He could imagine Heechul shouting each word at his face. He gulped and pressed the next button,

“From: Unknown Number XXXXXXXX

Hey. This is Nadine. I got your number from a friend. Don’t save this number, I think I left my phone somewhere this morning. I’m very sorry. I don’t know what to say. It’s our first day and you’re hurt because of me. Are you alright? Please call me back. Don’t worry about me.. I miss you, get well soon. I’ll be there soon, stay strong.” 

Leeteuk’s heart pumped quicker as he read each word. Glad that the girl he’s been worrying about is alright. But a message does not convince him.

He sat up and stared at the IV drop plunged into his veins. As much as he wanted to leave, he was burdened with the thought of troubling the others.
“B-but Nad,” he mumbled under his breath, his eyes unknowingly move towards the door. His body was complaining as his mind was in chaos, blurring his view. 
“W-what if halfway.. W-what if that guy did something to her? W-what if… He r- h-her..” he argued with himself, his blood pumped in rage as the beeping sound of the machines grew faster. The IV drip was quickly absorbed, it went inside his body as if he overtook drugs.

“Mr.Park,” a female nurse rushed inside the room, holding on an injection needle. 
“W-w-what are you going to do?” Leeteuk stuttered as the lady pressed the flat end, injecting some liquid into his veins. 
“Sorry sir, you are suppose to rest at the moment. Your heart shouldn’t be pressured too much. Your health is unstable and it might turn fatal,” the nurse said.
His heart beat went down as he felt drousiness overwhelming him.
“N-nadine…” he whispered, his body weakened as he struggled to keep his eyes open.

 

“DAD! Please! I NEED to go to the hospital!” Nadine pleaded with watery eyes as she held onto her father’s arm.
“No, Nad! You’re a girl and it’s late! I’m not letting you go-” her father argued, shaking his head.
“Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaase, please please please please,” she begged, feeling rather hopeless as her father placed his palm a few inches away from her face.
“For the last time Nadine. NO!” she was rewarded with a loud disapproval. She had no choice left, her mother was not in the country and her father is the only person to seek permission to.
She kept quiet as she stood beside her father who is flipping through channels on TV while sitting on the long sofa, shaking his legs. Her chest area getting colder as her surroundings turned hot. Her vision blurred by the threatening tears.
“Dad, please. It’s urgent. Please… Dad, I need to see him,” she spoke in between sobs. Her father looked at her with concerned eyes, his brows raising up in surprise.
“Hey, hey. Don’t cry. Okay fine. You can go, just come back before 11. Or you’re grounded for a month. And I mean it,” he said, looking back at the TV screen.

Nadine smiled and rushed out of the house, waiting for an ‘On Call’ text on a taxi which she ordered previously. 

Nadine walked briskly to Leeteuk’s room as her stomach churned. She read the room number twice before pushing the door open. Leeteuk was lying on the bed, his face pale.
Nadine took a chair and carried it closer beside his bed. She sat down and his hair cautiously, incase she woke him up. Her eyes automatically getting dewy. Her fingers went down to his cheeks, caressing it. Her heart stopped for a second as her finger pads brushed with his smooth pale skin. It was the first time seeing him without his thick glasses, she admired his fascinating features. From his long eyelashes to his sharp nose and to his soft, kissable lips.