The Bloody Bamboo Stick

Royal Rivals

"Why do you have to be so freaking offensive?!?" I yelled at Jessica.

"I wasn't intending to. It just turned out like that when I was trying to express myself." She casually replied.

"Express WHAT?!"

"I was trying to express my offended feelings. I was very offended when they thought we were friends, you know."

"See?! You're being offensive again..." I threw my duster on the floor in anger. Jessica turned away from her T.V. and turned to me to frown at me.

"What are you doing? You're my lady, my MAID. Pick up your duster and continue dusting my drawers!" She scolded.

"No." I sighed.

She scoffed. "Whatever. You know what, I want popcorn. Go get some popcorn and stop disturbing my precious T.V. time." She went back watching her show.

I groaned but I listened to her, walking outside the door and down the grand stairs.

When I was downstairs, I heard some male yelling. I immediately recognized his voice--it was Siwon.

"ARE YOU STUPID? IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO SUCCESSFULLY?!? YOU GOT THE EASIEST JOB IN THE CASTLE, YOU JUST HAVE TO WASH THE FREAKING DISHES AND DO SOME HOUSEWORK AROUND HERE AND YOU CAN'T DO THAT?!?!?" Siwon was screaming. I quickly ran into the kitchen to see what's happening.

Siwon was scolding Yoona, the poor maid, and the other maids were watching and whispering to each other. I looked onto the floor and saw glass pieces everywhere. Yoona had dropped a few EXPENSIVE plates.

"I-I-I'm sorry." Yoona peeped and sniffed, on the verge of tears.

"YOU'RE SORRY?! FOR WHAT?!? FOR BEING STUPID AND USELESS AND IDIOTIC?!?!?! NO WONDER YOU'RE THE LOWEST OF THE LOWEST MAIDS! YOU DON'T EVEN DESERVE A ROOM IN THIS CASTLE, NOT EVEN THE COLD ATTIC! BUT THE KING WAS SOOOOOO NICE ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU THE WARM BASEMENT! SO AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO PAY HIM AND HIS HOME RESPECT??" Siwon continued.

"Y-yes..."

"THEN WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS DROPPING PLATES AND MAKING STUPID MISTAKES?!?! HUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?" Siwon punched the kitchen counter and everyone jumped. Yoona was now teary eyed, and I knew she was going to get into MORE trouble if she cries so I stepped forward to help her.

"Get down." Siwon coldly said to Yoona.

"E-excuse me?" A tear fell on her cheek and she looked wide-eyed at Siwon.

"Siwon, stop this. I'll take care of her." I offered but Siwon pushed me away.

"Yoona, get down into push-up position." Siwon demanded.

"No, Siwon, I'll punish her." I offered again.

"No. She has to learn her lesson. I'm sick of her always making stupid mistakes and bothering me, risking my position as the highest butler." He said, making a disgusted face at the poor maid.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, please forgive me this once!" Yoona began to sob and tears dripped down like rain on her dirty cheeks.

"GET. DOWN. OR. ELSE." Siwon glared her down. I grabbed Siwon's arm.

"Please, stop it. Just forgive her this once. I'll teach her to not make any mistakes from now on!" I begged with Yoona.

"GET THE DOWN RIGHT NOW!!!!!!"

Everyone in the room jumped and gasped. Yoona halted her sobs in shock and fear. For a few moments, Yoona didn't move because she was too shocked.

How I wanted to comfort the poor girl....I mean she looked so dirty and sad and....just.....so afraid! How much I wanted to teach her....How much I wanted her to be safe under MY wing........... I was SURE she had a lot of potential, only if she was taken care of like a precious friend, daughter, and girl...

Siwon grabbed Yoona's chin between his thumb and index finger and put her head up to his.

"Get down now. Or you're dead." He hissed.

"Y-yes sir." Yoona said with a trembling voice.

I wanted to smack Siwon in the head, scolding him that that is NOT the way to treat a girl. But....but honestly, I was afraid too...

Yoona quickly got in the push-up position like she was told to do.

"Get me the wooden stick." Siwon said expressionless to another maid. The maid scrambled across the kitchen to get the bamboo stick.

Everyone was scared and shocked...

The bamboo stick was used to punish people, only in certain cases.......Only when the authorities were REALLY mad.....REALLY aggrivated...

Tears jerked to my eyes and I let out a sob. I quickly put a hand over my mouth, though, when Siwon stared coldly at me. But I couldn't control my tears and they were falling....My breaths were pacing faster, afraid and scared and nervous...

WHACK!!!

Everyone gasped and jumped from the thin slap sound... Siwon had hit Yoona when nobody expected it.

"Siwon, please! Stop!" I pleaded him with my tears.

On the FIRST hit, Yoona's calves were already bleeding!

"Let go of me. She deserves hits."

"How many?" I asked him.

"Fifty."

"NO!" I grabbed his arm to stop him.

I looked at Yoona's face. She was red and closing her eyes, tears dropping on the floor.

Immediately, I was sorry that I asked....

Then WHACK....WHACK......................WHACK, WHACK, WHACK!

"SIWON!!!!" I stood up again, unable to bear the sight of Yoona's torn up calves... "You only hit her six times and the bamboo stick is stained in blood! How much worse would it look when you hit fifty?!? She won't even be able to WALK! Before doing anything else, please THINK...."

"What the..."

Everyone turned around to see Jessica in the kitchen.

"What the hell's happening here..?" She asked cluelessly. She saw my tear-stained face and blood-stained stick and gasped.

Then a heavy sigh escaped Siwon's dry lips. He wiped his sweat from his forehead, dropped the thin stick, and quietly left the room.

"AH!" Yoona grunted as she fell to the ground, her arm loosening. "Ahhh...ahhhhh..." She groaned from the excruciating pain in her bleeding calves.

"Yoona!" I ran to her side and crouched down, taking of my shirt and dabbing her blood. Luckily, I wore an inside shirt.

"Owowowowww!" Yoona cried.

"Can anyone please answer me?!? What the hell happened?" Jessica asked, still staring at Yoona's calves, horrified.

"She was punished." A maid said as she passed by Jessica and went back to work.

All the maids returned back to their normal state and bowed politely to Princess Jessica.

"W.O.W." Jessica widened her eyes and smirked. "I've never seen Siwon so mad and violent before..."

"Jessica, stop being a jerk." I said and everyone gasped.

"Whatever, dork." She replied.

Everyone gasped again. They didn't expect me to call her a jerk and call her by her real name, and they didn't expect Jessica to reply so casually. I just rolled my eyes and continued cleaning Yoona's wound.


Yoona was on my bed with huge white bandages around her calves. I sat on the corner of the bed and staring at her with a sad expression.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't help you..." I whispered.

"Taeyeon, ma'am, there is nothing you should be sorry for....I'M extremely sorry that I made so many mistakes and I'm so thankful that you're letting me use your bed..." She whispered and smiled back with teary eyes.

"Everyone makes mistakes....SIwon was just overreacting." I sighed.

"No, don't worry about him. He's a really nice gentleman, ma'am. He didn't hurt me as much, ma'am." She politely replied, smiling brightly.

I scoffed disgustingly at her. "How can you say that about a man who just TORTURED you?!?! WHO ABUSED YOU!"

"Oh, I'm fine, ma'am. He didn't hurt me at all...He only hurt my pride and dignity and feelings. But I shouldn't have been hurt, ma'am, because I shouldn't have pride or dignity or feelings. Just like Siwon sir said, I don't deserve a room to live in, nor a job...I'm so useless and pathetic..." She got teary eyed again but she quickly cleared and hid her fave beneath her long waves.

"Siwon is a horrible man....I look at him differently now..." I said.

"No, please don't blame him. It was all my fault." Yoona rushed to say. Then she suddenly collapsed on my bed.

"Yoona!" I cried out and ran over to her. But she didn't faint or die...:) She just lied down on the bed because her head hurt.

"I'm sorry for alerting you, ma'am...I just can't seem to lift up my head anymore...It's too painful, ma'am."

"It's okay." I smiled and pushed the hair out of her face. "You can rest. I'll leave you alone."

And I left my room.

When I was outside of the room, my feet automatically walked towards Siwon's room. I couldn't stop myself......I just couldn't.

Then the craziest thing happened. The most unbelievable thing happened...You won't believe it...........

"Great job, Siwon."

I widened my eyes and put my ear to the door. It was King Abel!!!

"Y-y-yes sir." I heard Siwon stutter.

"I believe in you now." The king proudly said.

"Th-thank you sir." Siwon nervously replied.

..."What is that look on your face? Are you...are you crying?" The king said unbelievably.

"N-no, sir."

But indeed, Siwon's voice was trembling and strained.

"You're still not over Yoona.......I see."

Still not over Yoona?

"N-n-no, sir! I'm completely over her. I'm not crying sir." He cleared his throat.

"If you're going to continue to secretly date her behind my back, have your fun." King sighed. "But just know that if you're caught, you and Yoona will be both fired and kicked out of the kingdom and sent to an isolated island forever for your lives. Got it?"