Accepted..:)

Royal Rivals

Hey, my name is Taeyeon Kim and I work as a maid at the palace. What palace? Oh yes, it is where King Abel, Queen Andrea, and Princess Jessica lives at. In my country, Super Generation, it is all about the king, queen, and especially the soon to be queen, or in other words, the princess. Princess Jessica and I are both twenty two years old and both similar heights (she is taller than me by a little bit) and everything, but we have different fates, as you can see. She was born as the princess and I was born as the.....sad daughter with a dead dad. I never saw my mom and I lived with my dad until I was six years old, when he died.

In movies and dramas and stuff, you see butlers and maids where their ugly white and black uniforms, right? Well this is not the typical house! Everyone has to be fashionable or you might get fired...Princess Jessica, aka the ice princess (iceprin for short), is all about fashion.

I was walking down the long, cold, white hall to Iceprin's room. Every step I took echoed loudly--I got shivers down my spine, nervous to death!

It was the first time I was meeting Iceprin directly, face to face. I was being promoted from a house cleaning maid to Iceprin's PERSONAL maid!!!! It's a good thing because I get more money:)

But it is also a bad thing because she might not like what I wear and get critisized much more than others... This day, I was wearing a beige flowy shirt with denim hot pants and a huge bracelet on my wrist, and they were my prettiest, not too revealing outfit ever so Iceprin BETTER like my clothes today!!!! She just had to!

Finally, I was in front of the door, and it felt like my body was slowly turning into cold ice. My heart beated super fast and I couldn't move because I was way too nervous to knock...or just even make the slightest move!

Suddenly, the door opened widely and Iceprin bumped into me...REALLY HARD! Oh no! I'm so dead, ALREADYY!!! That was the first thought that came into my head. I was so scared that I didn't even feel the pain!

"OW, WHAT THE HELL!?" Iceprin yelled as she fell onto the ground. OHNO OHNO OHNO!

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, are you okay? Here, let me help you!" I quickly grabbed her frail hand and helped her up. The second she got up, she pulled away her hand.

"Who the hell are you?!? No, actually, I don't care. Just watch where your going, blind grandpa!" She yelled at me. I bit my bottom lip, nervous. I didn't know what to say next or how to tell her that I'm her new personal maid...

"What are you waiting for? GET OUT OF MY FREAKING FACE!" She pushed my shoulder really hard and walked past me. Right when I was about to burst out in tears of nervousness, someone spoke. A guy.

"Hey, Jessica, Don't treat your personal maid like that!" I turned around and saw a guy with gelled hair and in a cool butler suit.

Iceprin stopped in her tracks and stared at me in shock. "What??? SHE'S my personal maid?"

"U-um...Yes...Nice to meet you." I managed to squeak.

Iceprin checked me out from head to toe. Then she frowned and stomped towards me.

"WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?!?" She furiously pushed me on the shoulder again. I looked down at my clothes. Oh no...Does she not like what I'm wearing today? Is my outfit ugly?

"I-I'm sorry...Do you want me to change to better clothes?" I quickly apologized. "Maybe these clothes are too ugly...?"

"No, they're not ugly...BECAUSE YOU TOTALLY COPIED ME! Even our HAIR is similar!!!" Iceprin yelled. I checked her outfit out...she was right! I was wearing almost the same thing as her! She was wearing a same colored shirt, just a different design and she matched it with jean shorts! She even wore a similar bracelet from mine!!! We also had the same long wavy hair...Just my bangs were a bit different and the color too, was darker.

"Well....um....at least our shoes are different?" I nervously said. Then I looked at her shoes and she looked at mine.....Great! They were similar too! Now what am I going to do....

"Did you sneak into my room this morning?!?" Iceprin glared at me.

"No! N-no, I really didn't! I'm so sorry...Should I go change?" I began to take steps backwards. Then the blonde guy started to chuckle.

"Jessica, you spoiled brat!" He joked. "Just let her wear whatever she wants! This is probably just a coincidence! Let it slide, I thought you were cool!" He put his hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

Jessica sighed. "Fine." She turned to me. "You don't have to change." And with that, Jessica walked away quickly, probably embarrassed.

I turned to the charismatic, tall guy, amazed. "Wow! How did you...Who are you!??" I asked.

He chuckled again. "My name is Siwon. I'm the most respected butler here who serves the king DIRECTLY. I can treat Jessica like that because King Abel hired me to teach her lessons like this and scold her whenever I need to. And she can't rebel against me cuz she knows I can tell her father on her if I need to."

"Woww!!! So you're THEEE butler?" I asked, going all up in his face.

"Yeah! Since you're now the new personal maid, I think we should be good friends. So I can protect you from Jessica and all." He smiled at me.

"Really???" I squealed. I was so grateful! The first day of what I thought of HELL was actually turning out pretty good!!!^^

JESSICA'S POV

I can't believe my new personal maid wore such similar clothes with me today!!! UGH! It disgusts me! I thought.

Oh well. I'm gonna go release my stress.:)

Yes, I'm a princess. Everyone thinks, I wish I am a princess because you have all that money and glory and maids and love from EVERYONE! Fan letters every day....handsome princes...What a perfect life?! But THEY'RE SO WRONG! Being a princess is a pain in the . It's so stressful and so tiring and boring! All day, I have to take lessons--piano lessons, violin lessons, art lessons, singing lessons, manner lessons, acting-like-a-princess lessons, makeup lessons, exercising time, horseriding lessons, and so much more! For the whole day, I only have one hour break and the rest are for lessons...

That one hour is my only happy time EVER. Every day in that one short hour, I sneak out of the castle (it is very hard to sneak out because of all the maids and butlers) and meet up with my best friend, Sunny. She's the only friend I have because I have no time to go out and make friends and everyone else treats me like a PRINCESS, not a friend. So annoying...!

So anyways I was outside of the humongous castle and through the big black, secured gate. I lied to the guards that I have to go buy some pads (for monthly periods)...kekeke! They always fall for that because they feel embarrassed!

"Hey, galll!!!" I heard Sunny yelling from somewhere. "Jeeesssssiiiiiiiicaaaaaa!" She whispered. I giggled and followed where the sound was coming from. I ran from wall to wall and finally found her behind an old handball wall that is all worned out and nobody cares for it anymore.

"Sunny, I missed you so much!" I hugged her with joy. "I felt like dying, doing three hours of piano only! My fingers are in so much painT.T" I complained.

Sunny took my hand and massaged it for me. Sunny is truly my BEST FRIEND EVERRR:((((( (touches my heart!)

"Ohhh, Sunny! I seriously love you!" I cried, getting teary eyed and hugging her tight again. She giggled and pushed me away jokingly.

"Geez, I guess you were suffering a lot, huh? I'm so sorry for you...I will pray for you till we die that one day, you can live super comfortably forEVER." Sunny smiled and my heart melted. There was NO friend in the whole wide world like her:)

But suddenly, Sunny's face expression changed. She was looking behind me. "What's going on?" She frowned.

"What?" I turned around too. People were running around and yelling. "What the heck?" Then I saw the truck.....Father was here!

"Why is King Abel in the village? What is happening?" Sunny panicked.

"I don't know!" I replied. Father was saying something with a microphone inside the huge custom made truck. I tried to focus and get closer to hear what he was announcing.

"JESSICA! WHERE ARE YOU?!??? COME HERE RIGHT NOW IF YOU HEAR ME OR ELSE I WILL THROW YOU INTO THE DUNGEON!!!" I faintly heard.

"Oh no!!!" I exclaimed to Sunny.

"Why?" She asked, still not knowing the situation.

"Father is looking for me! He found out that I sneaked out! What do I do??" My breath became faster and I looked all around, looking for any ideas what to do. Then without any thoughts, I just began to run. I ran deeper into the woods nearby, as fast as I can until I didn't hear the whole village screaming anymore. My heels got stuck in the mud many times and I kept falling but I just kept running, afraid.

Then I bumped into someone REALLY hard.

"OW!" UGH! Why do I keep bumping into people today?!?

I looked up to see a boy my age with tattoos all over his bare arms and abs. I was too shocked and embarrassed that I had to turn away.

"Wh-who are you and what are you doing here?" I demanded for an answer, avoiding to see his half body. I heard him smirk.

"I'm Jay Park and I'm here to get some wood." He replied coolly. I stole a glance at his face. He looked pretty tough and scary...like one of the gangstars that live in the woods in a small shack made out of all wood. At first, I didn't think about it. But then it hit me.

"...Are you one of the gangstars? Are you the one who destroys my village every once a year?" I asked, my heart beating really fast.

He sighed. "Yup. I'm the leader." He casually said.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! HE MIGHT KILL ME RIGHT NOW! I HAVE TO RUN AWAY!!!!

"KYAHHH! HELP ME! SOMEONE HELP ME!" I stupidly yelled. He stared at me like he was staring at an elephant dancing.

"What are you doing? I'm not gonna do anything to you." He grinned, mocking me. "I'm gonna guess you are the princess of the village because you seem....princessy." He made a grossed out face.

"What is that supposed to mean???" I said, offended.

"You're cute." He laughed. I blushed right away so I tried to hide my face.

Then suddenly, I heard Father's voice again.

"JESSICA!" Uh-oh...i'm so dead.... "JESSICA? IS THAT YOU? STAY RIGHT THERE, DON'T MOVE!!!"

I didn't turn around because I was too afraid to. I was going to look at Jay for help but he looked at me once, smiling, and ran away deep into the woods, probably to his house, to hide. I began to sweat everywhere on my body and I felt extreme heat on my face, realizing what kind of punishment I can face. I heard the truck zooming towards me, fast, but I felt like time was going so slow. My heart beat twice in one second.

Finally, after what seemed like two hours, Father was right behind me.

"Do you realize how much trouble you can be in?" Father said. I heard people's feet closer and closer, probably a crowd forming to watch us.

"Y-yes" I barely said.

"Get in the truck right now and let's talk this over at home." He said calmly. But I couldn't move my feet.

"RIGHT NOW!!!!!" I jumped. Tears sprang to my eyes because I was SO afraid of King Abel. I hurried into the truck before the king gets any more mad. I avoided everyone's eyes and began to sob silently, sitting next to the king in the car.

In the whole car ride back to the castle, nobody spoke a word. But the atmosphere wasn't filled with awkwardness. Instead, it was filled with......death...

We arrived at the castle and I slowly dragged my heavy feet into the castle, the king in front of me. I followed him in silence all the way to his giant office. I saw in the corner of my eye that Siwon was trying to get my attention, probably to frown at me in disappointment, so I avoided his eyes too along with everyone else's. But weirdly, I looked up at one certain person's eyes....I looked up at Taeyeon's eyes. I flinched and I saw her flinch too but she looked at me with such deep eyes. I didn't know what they showed but my heart felt.....warm...My heart felt like it did when Sunny massaged my hand for me earlier today...Weird....

Then finally, the king sat in his seat behind a big desk and glared at me. I couldn't look at him...or anyone else. The air was so tense that I couldn't breathe.

"Jessica," the king finally broke the scary silence after a while. "Were you meeting up with your friend every time you went out? Or were you really going to buy some pads? Because I called the woman who owns the only store in the village and she told me you never came...She never saw you in two years."

I burst out in tears again, not able to say anything.

"STOP CRYING!"

I immediately stopped and jumped. I cried in gasps because I was so scared and shocked. The only sound in the whole room was my gasps and the king's foot taps.

"I will not punish you." That relieved so much from my heart. I finally exhaled. "BUT," I immediately inhaled-gasped again. "i want to know why you act like this. I want to know why you act so stubborn and angry at your lessons. You are going to be the queen soon, when your mother hits the age of 50. You have HUGE responsibilty, Jessica. So why are you being like this? Don't you know that if you continue to act like this, this whole village can get destroyed??? The future of this village is in your hands, Jessica!"

Silence.

Gasp-crying.

"I'm -gasp- sorr-gasp-rry." One long shaky breath. "I just hate how -gasp- my life is so planned out and controlled by other people...When my life is controlled by others, I can't do what I like to do..I can't be what I want to be."

"What? OF COURSE YOU CAN!" I jumped, hearing Taeyeon's sudden voice. Everyone in the room gasped.Then whispers.

"SILENCE!" King Abel yelled and everyone quieted at once. "What is your name?" I heard him say. I didn't look up at anyone, I just stared at the ground.

"Me? Taeyeon." I heard her reply quietly.

"Continue with what you were saying." At last, I stole a glance at Father's face, surprised by his actions.

"Well, alright then." Taeyeon walked up next to me and crouched down to face me. "What do you want to be in the future?"

I stole a very quick glance at her, hesitating. "U-u-um....A singer..." I whispered silently.

I looked at Taeyeon for her reaction. She just smiled warmly. "You can become a queen still. You can sing to your people. Have you ever thought of that? You can sing to your people while being their queen. Isn't that possible?"

I paused. For a second, I felt fond of her. But I immediately turned bitter thinking, who is she to control me like this???

"No! No, that's not possible at all! That's a stupid idea!" I turned away from her.

"Jessica!" I jumped for the hundredth time that day, shocked. I bet everyone jumped. Nobody ever yells at me like that, and nobody CAN yell at me like that except Father, Siwon, and Mother. And maybe Sunny (but she never would). "Stop being so stubborn!!! Just give in to it, Jessica! Then everything will be so much better and easier!" I stared at her with wide eyes. But there was no change in her face. "You're just making it harder for everyone. I know it's hard to give in to my decision because of your pride and also the feeling of not wanting to get controlled but this is the only choice if you want to be a singer AND a queen."

"HEY!!!" EVERYONE jumped, including Taeyeon and me. Taeyeon widened her eyes at the king.

"WHO ARE YOU TO LECTURE THE PRINCESS! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND???" King Abel got up from his seat and pounded his desk. "ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF BEING A PERSONAL MAID, YOU'RE FIRED!"

I gasped when nobody else gasped. "Father!" I yelled. I gasped again, surprised of my actions. But I ignored my other feelings and focused on Taeyeon. "How can you fire someone so fast like that!?"

"WHAT? She scolded you! A MAID scolded you." Father stared at me in shock.

"Yes...I know..." I said quietly. "But.......I kind of agree with what she said." I whispered. The whole room became deadly quiet, afriad of what Father would do. But I didn't care. I just felt like...I didn't want any other personal maid. I just felt some kind of tug towards Taeyeon.....

I looked at Taeyeon and caught her staring at me too. I smiled at her but she didn't smile at me. Probably too shocked to move any muscle in her face? Hm...:)