EP.1 (1/4)

I Date A Non-Idol

      


A young girl dressed in a mid-thigh white dress with blue wedges. She looked as if she had somewhere important to be.

Host1: Foreigner!

Host2: She dresses very pretty.

Host3: I wonder who she dates.

PD: Please introduce yourself.

Hello. My name is Ashleigh, I am 20 years old and I date-

PD: Please don’t say.

Oh. Sorry.

The young girl, Ashleigh, headed towards the subway still looking at her watch. The subway ride was quiet and comfortable. Ashleigh soon got off of the subway and headed to the building.

A group of seven boys stood on stage. “Come and get it GOT7!”

Host1: GOT7?!?!?! Didn’t they just come out?

Host3: My daughter finds them all charming.

Host2: Who is the lucky guy?

Host1: JB. He looks like the type to date the most.

The boys finished their sound check and proceed to their dressing room.

“We have some time before we go on manger-min wants us to stay in the dressing room. He said he will be back in a few.” JB announced to the group. All the boys nodded and Marked reached in his bag for his phone and good luck charm. He smiled at the little African doll the checked his text. His smile soon faded. He sighed playing with the doll and going over his lines.

PD: Introduce yourself.

Hello. I’m a member of JYP’s new boy GOT7’s Mark.

PD: Why did you choose to be on this show?

I have been dating Ashleigh for about 2 years. She is very faithful to me. We meet when I first came to Korea but it wasn’t until later we started dating. When we were just friends Ashleigh took very good care of me and my members. Now that I am debuting I know my time with her will be less and I don’t want us to drift apart as friends or as a couple.

  1. walked into the building with a few bags in her hand. She had stopped by the convenient store and brought some of the boys’ favorite snacks. GOT7’S manager greeted her as she walked up to the authorized personal area. “Thank you for letting me come to watch their performance,” Ashleigh said bowing. “No problem. He probably thinks you won’t show up. You missed sound check and dry rehearsal.” Ashleigh let out a sigh. “I knew I should have gotten up earlier.” The two walked quickly to the dressing room marked GOT7. “Are you nervous?” “A little. This is the first time I’m meeting GOT7’S Mark.” She let out a dry laugh and knocked on the door. “Who is it?” JB’s voice echoed. “Ummm.” The two heard footsteps and JB opened the door. “Ashleigh?” She bowed as all the boys ran over to her blocking her view from Mark. “Mark?” Ashleigh called out trying to push past all the other boys when Jackson pulled her into a hug. “I’ve missed you.” Ashleigh hit him gently on the arm as Mark hit him on the head. The members laughed. Mark asked if he and Ashleigh could leave the room and of course, manger-min said yes. The two walked the halls of MBC. “I’ve missed you.” Mark reached to hold Ashleigh’s hand. Out of habit, she pulled away. Mark stopped in his steps and grabbed her shoulders making her face him. “Don’t pull away.” His words were harsh but his eyes kind as ever. “We don’t have to hide anymore. We don’t have to be just friends or surrounded by others when we just want it to be us two. We are like any other couple you see in the street or back home.” He pulled her in for a hug and she tensed up a bit. She soon relaxed and wrapped her arms around him fully embracing him in public as she had always dreamed of. His scent engulfed her. He smelt like honey and sweat, a mixture that should have been odd, but for some reason she liked it. His words played in her head: we don’t have to hide anymore. She smiled to herself. “Oppa?” “Ummm.” “Thank you.” Mark laughed and push her away gently. He smiled.

PD: That moment you two had, what did it mean to you?

 

Ashleigh: It was like reinsures. Like he wasn’t going to take back wanting to do the show. That he wanted to show everyone that I am his. It makes me happy that even with his life about to change he still wants us to remain the same.

Mark: I knew she was unsure, not because she doesn’t believe in us, but because she doesn’t want me to regret my decision and hate her. I could tell. The way she looked when she came into the dressing room. Her eyes were everywhere trying to grasp the feeling of the room. It wasn’t like her. I wanted her to know that I don’t and won’t regret my choice. I am hers and she is mine. I want the world to know that!

Host1: They are such a cute couple.

Host3: I wonder who we will meet next!

Host2: Me too.