Chapter 3

When the Rain Comes Down

"Minjun-ah!" I called. It was him. That handsome stranger I got to chat up last week. Minjun's cheeks are flushed and he looks surprised to see me. God, he looks more beautiful than I remember him.

 Last Saturday

 Saturday night came about when Nichkhun decided to drag me out the house to some night club. According to him, I've brooded and overworked myself all month and needed a vacation. And since I couldn't disagree, I was practically pulled into the passenger side of my own car while my older brother took the wheel.

"This place is great Taec, you'll be on your knees begging me to take you again, trust me." Nichkhun said, bright with self-assuredness. He starts the engine of the sleek black car and pulls us out of the driveway and unto the road.

I give a defeated sigh, "Sure, hyung." 

"Don't go and "Sure, hyung" me." Nichkhun said, bobbing his head mockingly while quoting me. A red corvett full of girls drive alongside us, probably to instigate a race, but we ignore them. Too risky, too juvenile, not worth it. "This place is the best for easing up, especially for people with poles up their whenever someone brings up work or school."

I gave him a deadpanned look of irritation and exasperation. "Khun, I know you care and all but couldn't you have found a better stress outlet?"

"Weren't you just listening to me? This club is the best outlet for stress."

 "Yeah, but what neighborhood is the club in." That got him. Nichkhun froze in his seat a second, visibly assessing the situation. It was only a second before he brushed it off though. "Nah, don't worry about that. Dad's a friend of the owner's father, its practically holy ground for us."

I sigh again and stare out the window, ending the conversation. I move on to watch street signs and light poles zip out of vision. The sun set a little while ago, but the sky remains unbelievibly bright, littered with stars. I can't help but feel like my brother's being naive, but I've never known him to be off guard. Maybe he's right and it's just me, whose off. I've studied and worked none stop for three weeks now, I really do deserve a break. 

"Hey, don't go worrying about stuff like that ok? If anything happens, you've got your hyung to protect you." Nichkhun says, starting off serious before inevitably grinning like an idiot. 

I scoff and throw him a playful smile," I feel so protected." 

"As you should, considering you and Channie have the best hyung in the world." Breaking into laughter, I slap his arm.

"Okay, now you're taking it too far Khun." 

He gives a sheepish look. "Did I? Whoops." He pulls over infront of a large building that I have to assume is a club, considering the large neon lights of martinis and a handful of eight notes."Here we go. Okay so rules; no fights and if you hook up with someone use protection." I roll my eyes at him, already knowing that that would never happen. 

"Sure hyung."

We get out the car and step out into dirty looking streets, and I almost wonder if this is the red light district, but it seems to be just a poor part of town. The club building isn't tall, which makes me think there's probably a lot more to it along the back. Nichkhun opens the door and ushers me into it, walking into what looks like a small lobby. And that's it. A few chairs and a small bar occupy the space. Huh. I never thought my brother would ever know such a tame place. Then I spot a balcony railing just behind the bar, finding it kept you from falling into a large underground space. One with a huge floor filled at the moment with tables and people and a fairly large stage. Walking over to the balcony, I find myself actually awestruck. There's a spiral staircase leading down and we hurry down it to get a good seat. I see Khun sigh.

"I forgot it was Saturday ." I furrow my brows. "What's wrong?"

"Saturday is the day they have ametuer night. So no crazy partying, man I'm sorry." I swat his arm lightly.

"Don't sweat it, besides it might be fun."

"Yeah," he sighes. "Hold on I'll go get us some drinks." I cheer softly but just loud enough for him to hear and it makes him laugh. Good, hopefully he won't get mopey now.

Just as Khun walks out of sight, a person walks on stage. Dark brown hair and black clothing contrast against creamy skin. He's practically glowing under the stage lights, as if the only thing keeping him from sprouting wings and flying back to the heavens is the high concrete ceiling. A melody plays on the piano, soft and sweet and then he opened his mouth.

Pretty pink lips, too pretty to belong to anyone earthly, shaped vowels into waves of emotion. His voice made the air feel sweet and thick, like I was drowning in a field of molasses. His eyes were closed the whole song; the song filled with sorrow and regret. He never opened them until the loud applause, and when he did I was meet with dark brown eyes staring back at me. A rush of adrenaline comes as I see him walk to an empty table and sit, all by himself. I need to talk to him. He's so close and just sitting there, looking gorgeous and ethereal. It takes me a minute to realize I'm already walking, already but a meter away, with no clue what to say. Should I sa you're beautiful? No, he'd probably freak out. Oh, god what if he's not even remotely attracted to guys, I'm a dumb idiot.

Without conscious intentions I sit infront of the angel, throw a winning smile in his direction and ask, "Can I get you a drink?"

All those years of Khun and Dad bragging about natural charm running in our family suddenly turns out to be a little more than true, and boy is my face red for ever doubting them. Why couldn't I pull this kinda game out in highschool though?

"-ello? Jesus, how are you gonna offer me a drink and not even listen." The angel is glaring at me, looking annoyed and I panic, all the smoothness of the family line leaving.

"I-I'm really sorry, I got distracted." I say, trying to recover. "What were you saying?"

"I was saying, I hope you're rich, because I'll have a lemon drop martini on the rocks and keep 'em coming." My angel has a slight accent, almost country sounding and it makes me melt. He smirks playfully at me, filling my heart with hope and a second chance. "You got it." I say, getting up quickly to jog to the bar, where I find Nichkhun grinning at me, having watched the situation. 

"Well, someone's having fun without me." Khun says, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up." I retort, turning my attention to the bartender. "Can I have a lemon drop martini on the rocks please?"

The man nods and Nichkhun decides to be a nuisance again. "Boy, I didn't know you had it in you Taecyeonie." He slides me the drink he got for me earlier. "Good call, if I was still single I would've chatted him up too." My glare screamed murderous intentions. "I'm kidding, he's all yours. Just make sure you give me a heads up if you'll be leaving without me though." The bartender comes back with the martini and I take the two drinks and give a deep breathe before turning around to walk back. Khun pats my shoulder. "Go get 'em tiger."

I walk back to the table and hand the beautiful male his drink which he accepts with a small, "Thanks."

While sitting down, I take a sip of my drink. "Your singing was amazing, you know." Ugh, that's too cheesy.

The singer sips at his drink and smiles, "Thank you."

I'm starting to feel dizzy now. Who knew someone could  make a smile so disarming. "So, um, do you sing professionally or is this a hobby?"

"For now it's a hobby." He answered. "But I'd like it to become something more." His gaze lowered to his glass for a moment, looking almost downtrodden before lifting it back up to meet my eyes. "What about you? Do you buy drinks for strangers professionally or is this a hobby."

He has a playful look on his face and god I want to kiss him. "Neither. Actually this is the first time I've ever done anything like this." 

"Really? What made you take a chance?"

 "You." Oh no, what am I doing. "The moment I saw you I couldn't take my eyes off of you. And then you started singing and-" I look down feeling embarrassed. "-and I knew I had to do something before I lost the chance to speak to someone gorgeous like you."

There was a moment of silence before I willed myself to look up. A cute dusting of pink makes itself apparent on his cheeks despite the dark lighting and I can suddenly hear my heart pounding double time. "I'm sorry; I shouldn't ha-"

"No!" He stopped me quickly. "It's fine, really. Thank you."

He's smiling again and it does nothing to ease my pounding heart. Instead butterflies flutter in my stomach. God I feel like a teenager again.

"My name's Minjun by the way. Kim Minjun."

Minjun. Min. Jun. I love it. "I'm OK Taecyeon." Hopefully he doesn't recognize my name.

"In that case, Taecyeon-ah can I have another drink?"

                                                                                                                 ~*~

We spent an hour or so flirting and talking with at least ten drinks between the two of us. I wasn't feeling all that tipsy and neither did my angel who now has a name. Minjun. Saying his name made me feel warm inside and left a sweet taste in my mouth. Somehow during the process, Minjun ended up in the seat beside me with his head on my shoulder as we giggled at how bad the current performer was. Okay maybe he's a little tipsy. But he seems to have all his bearings so I don't think I should have too worry too much. Suddenly there's a buzzing that comes from between us and I realize it's his pocket. Minjun reaches between our thighs and just barely brushes along mine to get to his phone and oh god. 

"Hello?" He says into his phone. "Wooyoungie? What's wrong?"There's a pause. "Hyung'll be home in a bit okay? Okay, bye."

Minjun hangs up and looks up to me apologetically. "Sorry I've got to go my little brother needs me." 

I shook my head. "No, no it's fine. Actually hold on." I take his phone and put in my number. "Just call me anytime."

He grinned. "Okay."

I couldn't really help myself. I kissed his cheek. I'd kiss his lips but he's a bit drunk and I can't help but feel like that'd be taking advantage. 

He looks a little shocked but his grin returns."A kiss on the cheek?" He gets up. "What is this middle school?"

I laugh."I promise next time I see you I'll give you a real kiss."

"I'll make sure to take your word for that." Minjun says and I only recognize now his blushing face. "Bye Taecyeon-ah."

I can't wait to see him again.

Present

"Minjun!" I call again as I jog up to the man who's being weighed down by shopping bags. He looks shocked but then he grins back at me.

"Taecyeon?" He says as I come within arms reach of him.

I can't help but smile back at him. I feel like I'm gonna faint. Never in my life have I had such a prolific trip to the stationary supply store. Minjun is looking back at me with the brightest smile and I feel my heart skip a beat.

"Do you need help with your bags?" I ask.

"Oh, not really but if you really want to take 'em I w-mmh!" I cut him short with a swift kiss. My eyes are shut and I almost feel nervous but I can't bring myself to His lips are so soft, much softer than I had imagined and the sunset and soft winds make me feel like I'm falling in love. I peeked open my eyes to find his closed shut, and felt his lips begin to move against mine. 

Minjun suddenly drops his bags to the concrete and brings his hands up, on resting on my chest slowly sliding up and down, while the other clutched lightly at the hem of my shirt, almost desperately, as I wrapped an arm around his waist. The kiss builds in intensity and I cup his cheek just to make sure. Just to make sure it's really the heavenly man I met last weekend, just to make sure Minjun is actually there and not another dream. It takes me a moment to pull back, finding Minjun out of breathe with swollen lips. 

"You sure know how to keep a promise." He says playfully and I laugh. 

"Yeah, I suppose so." I bend down and pick up his bags."So where and I taking these?"

Minjun grabs the bags that I have in one of my hands and links our free hands together. He starts to walk us down the block. "My car is this way."

So let's recap. Not only did I kiss the guy I like, but he totally kissed me back. And to top it off we're holding hands. Officially my most successful romantic venture. I turn to look back at him. I squeeze his hand lightly when we reach his car, letting it go so he could open the door.

"There we go." He says putting the last of the bags into his back seat. Turning back to me, Minjun sighed contently. "Sorry for never calling you. I was pretty nervous." 

"Oh no it's fine! I mean, I was hoping you'd call but seeing you now makes up for all of that." The sun has fully set at this point, and the two of us are fully cloaked in the dark. There are no street lights nearby, making the moon our only light source. I hear Minjun make slow steps toward me until I can smell his scent. 

"So, uh-" He starts. He looks nervous and a bit embarrassed. So cute.

"Let's go on a date." I propose.

He smiles. "Sure. Oh, wait." He pulls out his phone and starts tapping quickly at it. Not a second later I get a buzzing in my pocket. "That's my number in that text. Make sure you call me so we can set a date okay?

I nod. "Got it." 

Minjun quickly kisses my cheek. "I gotta go then. Bye Taecyeon-ah."

I grin. "Bye, Minjun-ah." 

He gets in to his car after waving to me, driving away and turning the corner.

I bring my finger to my mouth and bite it lightly. I've got a date with the angel. I drop to my knees in relief and look to the starry sky. 

 "I've got a date with Kim Minjun!"

 

A/N: So sorry for the wait I lost access to my progress for a long while. Also this chapter was a bit difficult to write for me so I apologize for any sloppiness, I'll make sure to proofread the chapter again and edit it properly, but I just wanted to put out something at least. On another note yay Taecsu!