Chapter 2

When the Rain Comes Down

'Neaga jeil jal naga, Neaga jeil jal naga,'

. I lift my face from my pillow and grab my phone. I already know who it is. Aside from the personal ringtone he set for himself, on my phone mind you, no one else would have the nerve to call me at-I check my phone-six ing fourty six in the morning except one person.

Jo god damn mothering Kwon.

Don't get me wrong, I love Kwonnie we've been best friends for years-I press the talk button-but he's a lunatic.

"Junnie!" Here we go.

"Yah," I half yell. "That's hyung to you!"

I can hear him sigh in the background. "Minjun-ah get over yourself." This little punk- "Let's go shopping today, Key already said he wanted to go."

"You know, some people have school."

"True, but you don't. School ended two weeks ago for all of us . Don't pretend you don't want to go just 'cuz I called you early, I know you were eying those skinny jeans at the mall." Damn it. See the thing about best friends is that they know everything. 

"Ugh, fine. I'll go." 

"Yaay. Don't worry we'll make sure you get a nice outfit so you can dazzle that eye candy of yours." 

"Oh my god, shut up." 

"We're meeting at ten, bye Junnie." Kwon ended the conversation with a bad impression of cuteness and a click. It's been five minutes since I woke up and I'm already annoyed. 

                                                      ~*~
It's 10:10 and they're late. I'm sitting at the food court in the spot were we usually meet up at or eat together. There better be a good reason for holding me up, I actually do want those jeans and I should get them before someone snatchs them up. 

Just as I'm about to call Kwon and at him, he and Key walk into view with large colorful containers in hand. They walk with leisure, as if they didn't keep me waiting.

"You better have gotten got me something." Key rolls his eyes and hands me a container, this one with pink and yellow swirls on it, with what looks like strawberry frozen yogurt inside.

"God hyung, you act like we left you here for hours." Key said distastefully. Key was a newer addition to our little trio, a freshman who Kwonnie and I befriended last year. Since then the three of us have been joined by the hip. He's pretty sweet so I didn't expect him to be as snarky as he is when it comes down to it. At least that was when we first met. By now I'm more than used to it.

"Okay," Kwon says, bringing it upon himself to start the discussion. "So guess what happened to me yesterday."

So that's what this is about. Kwon don't you know you can gossip over the phone? "What happened?" I asked, eating a spoonful of froyo.

"Alright, so remember how Seulong keeps trying to hook me up with people and sending me off with god knows who?"

Key pointed at Kwon with a spoon. "Yeah, didn't you have a blind date with some girl yesterday?"

"Yep. She stood me up though, which was actually pretty ing rude. I mean can't you make a call at least Jesus." He complained. "But, I'm glad she stood me up because while I was there I met a guy."

"A guy? Who? Do we know him?" I asked. 

"His name is Lee Changmin, he just moved here. He's going to our school in the fall semester."

Key leaned in, "What year is he?"

"I'm not sure but he's supposed to be here for his graduate." Kwonnie took a bite of his frozen yogurt and smiled like he won a lottery. "I think I'm gonna call him soon."

Key rolled his eyes. "Don't leave us hanging like that Kwonnie, what's he like? Did he sweep you off your feet or something? We need details!"

I scoff. "Oh calm down Kibum, I'm sure you and Onew's 'love at first sight' meeting still tops as most romantic. No need to act like you have much competition."

"But you never know!"

"He dragged you under a cherry blossem tree in full bloom, kissed you and practically confessed his undying love after like thirty minutes of meeting." I retorted. 

"I don't know Junnie," Kwon sing-songed with a grin. "You and that Taecyeon guy are a close second."

I blushed. Harder than I'd like to admit. "Shut up Kwon!"

Key and Kwon look at each other and grin. "Hyung, when are you going to call him? It's been like five days since you talked to him." Key asked with a sly look.

"I-I haven't decided yet..."

Kwon practically giggled. "You must really like him if you're too nervous to call."

I almost started sputtering before quickly changing the subject. "Don't you have to tell us about this guy? We need details remember?"

"Oh! Right!" Kwon goes on to talk endlessly about this Changmin, how he's so strong looking and how he's so flirty and sweet. Then he goes off on a tangent about how he wishes he kissed him when they left the diner and how cool his car was and blah blah blah. By the time he was done we finished our frozen yogurt and were more than ready to do some shopping. 

"So its settled!" Key said with a light bang on the table. " By the end of this summer the two of you better have boyfriends or something. I'm sick of being the only one not single."

Kwon laughed. "Oh whatever, Key. Come on let's go shopping."

With that, Kwon gets up and throws out our empty containers as we start to make our way through the mall to buy any and everything.

                                                         ~*~
"Hyung, try these on!" Key exclaims for the hundreth time throwing a pair of pants on the changing room door.

"Yah! I only have one body I can't wear twenty different things." I yell as I'm pelted with more shirts and pants.

"Then come out with at least what you have on then!" Kwon says. I groan irritably and get out the changing stall, wearing jeans that are a little too tight and a black v-neck. I look good honestly, but they always make me wear a million things when we go shopping. Apparently I have an 'ideal body type' for a model. Damn fashion majors and their excuses.

"Oh, good job Key! This goes with his frame really well." Kwon gushes to the younger boy digging through racks, who pops out his head to say,"Thanks!" from his post.

"Alright now can we please check out now, it's getting late." Despite how much I like buying nice things, this is getting out of hand. 

Just as Kwon was about to say something-which I'm sure would be another ridiculous excuse-I shut him up with a curt "No." and walk into the stall to change back into my clothes.

I hear a 'hmph' and I'm more than positive he's pouting. Whatever, damn punks trying to waste the day away.

After I finish getting dressed, I gather the outfits I actually liked, along with the pair of jeans I had my eye on, and walk out the stall to find Key and Kwon waiting for me by the register with their clothes in their hands and cute pouts on their faces. Aish, my dongsangs are really adorable. "Don't worry we're going out to eat after this, my treat." 

Their faces lit up. "Can we pick?" Key asked brightly. 

"Of course."

They high five like little kids and we put our things on the counter, getting them bagged and paid. I'm almost surprised by how much stuff they got for themselves since all I've seen them do it play dress up with me. But then again, this is Kim Kibum and Jo Kwon. They're always full of surprises. 

We leave the clothing store, hands filled with bags, and make our way to some little italian place in the mall. It looks a bit expensive and I groan inwardly. I spoil these kids too much.

                                                      ~*~
"Your bill total is 178,000 won, we take debit, credit, and cash. There is also a 10% service fee that has already been added to your total."

I stare at the bill, breifly wondering if I'll be able to pay my rent before handing the waitress my card.

Looking up I see Key and Kwon's pouting and guilty faces. 

"We can pay you back Minjun hyung." Key said looking remorsefully at his empty glass.

"We shouldn't have made you pay for our food after already spending so much on clothes." Kwon was pouting with each word with big eyes. "We're sorry hyung." Aish, he must really feel bad; Kwon never calls me hyung.

I sigh. "If it really makes you feel bad you can pay me back." What? As cute as they are I'm not gonna pass up the chance to get my money back.

"Yes hyung." They say in unison. They remind me of my baby brothers all too much. That's probably why I spoil these two dorks so much. The waitress hands me back my card and I stand, grabbing my bags.

"Come on let's go." My words elict an immediate response, the two grabbing their things quickly and following me to the mall's entrance.

"Do you need a ride home?"

"Jinki said he'll pick me and Kwonnie up." Key responds brightly.

"That's cool." I shrug, my implied offer declined. "You guys can pay me back later, I'll leave first."

"Bye, Junnie!" "Bye hyung!" I hear as I've turned my back and start leaving the mall, knowing they'll be safe in the hands of Key's boyfriend. Good guy, that Lee Jinki. He's a pretty nice fellow. I sigh, looking up to the setting sun. 

It was beautiful, as always. The wind picks up and brings a smile to my face, it felt as if the earth was regarding me kindly. As if the summer flowers bloomed just for me and the air was meant to brush against my skin like a loving hand. Today was a good day. Sure I'm a little poorer than I was this morning but, it's nothing I can't make up for at work. I'm almost at my car parked down the road from the mall when I hear a deep voice call my name. 

"Minjun-ah!"

I turn, started by the familar sound and I gasp softly.

It was him.

A/N: This chapter was mostly dialouge and kinda just established some basic relationships that will be important later on. Sorry this took me so long, I haven't been able to post but I at least started the next chapter already. It'll probably end up being a heck of a lot longer than this one.