Our First Day

Like The First Time
I parked my car at their curb. I tightened my tie before getting off. My palms were sweaty and my nerves are not helping me. At all.
 
C'mon, Yixing. You can do this!
 
I inhaled a good amout of air blew it out, slapped my cheeks with one hand and finally walked to their door.
 
I knocked three times before I see her dad on the other side.
 
"Good evening, Yixing." He greeted me.
 
"Good evening to you too, sir. Is ______ there?"
 
"Yes, she's almost done getting ready. Why don't you come in first?" He opened the door further and motioned with his hand for me to go in and I followed.
 
He lead me to their living area and told me to take a seat first. Although I'd rather stand (nerves still not calm), I obliged him and sat on their couch. My leg was involuntarily moving, my foot tapping their carpeted floor over and over. I see her dad peer at me thru the newspaper he was reading and I'm assuming he was smirking by the way his eyes crinkled.
 
A few moments later I could hear footsteps from their stairs. I thought she was the one getting down but apparently it was her mom.
 
I stood up and held my hand out to her mom to assist her.
 
"Good evening, ma'am."
 
"Good evening as well, Yixing." She smiled at me. "She's just getting her bag so she'll just take a moment." I thanked her while she went on her way to her husband.
 
My eyes were staring at the wall in front of me while I breathed in and out to calm myself.
 
Just when I felt I was calming down, I hear another set of footsteps and I see her.
 
My eyes widened at just how amazing she looked. All the air I collected a while ago were all gone, leaving me breathless.
 
She was wearing a floral dress and a pair of flats; her face coated with just enough make up, enhancing the natural beauty she had.
 
She was peering behind me and I remembered that I haven't given her the flowers I brought.
 
With my hands shaking, I gave the bouquet to her which she immediately placed near her nose and smelled.
 
"Thank you, Yixing!" She gushed out. "They're really pretty."
 
Her mom made her way to us and took the flowers from her daughter. "I'll just place this in a vase. Why don't you two head out already?"
 
"Thanks, mom. We'll be back later, ok?" She informs her mother as she gave her a hug.
 
"Uncle, aunty." I called out to them. "I'll make sure to take care of her."
 
Her mom wiped a tear that escaped her eye and ______ gave her mom a wondering look.
 
"Is there something wrong, mom?" She asked her, concern laced in her tone.
 
"I'm fine." Her mom assured her. "My eye just got a bit itchy. Go now, it's getting late."
 
"If you say so. Dad we'll be going now!"
 
"Take care!"
 

 

 

++++++++++

 
 
 
 
 
We made our way to the park, our hands intertwined while my other hand held the picnic basket I prepared for us. Well, it wasn't just me who prepared it. I did ask for Kyungsoo and Minseok's help.
 
We found a spot shaded by a tree, the fountain was our background.
 
I laid the mat and helped her sit on it. I take a seat beside her while I took out our meal. It wasn't anything complicated, just some sandwiches, cupcakes (which she really loves), and a thermos filled with juice.
 
We ate in comfortable silence with random conversations here and there. She helped me place back everything we used in the basket and we laid back on the mat, gazing at the sky.
 
We were both laughing at how crazy our imaginations were as we pointed out what the clouds look like. All the while our hands still intertwined.
 
We talked about nothing and everything and I find my heart beating fast whenever I gaze at her and see her sincere smile.
 
We didn't even notice that the sun was setting. The rays reflecting in the water spouting from the fountain, glimmering like diamonds.
 
I stood up and held my hand to her.
 
"What are we going to do, Yixing?" She asked me with a lighthearted giggle.
 
"Dance with me." I tell her.
 
"But we don't have any music." She whined.
 
"I can hear my heartbeat." I tell her. "That's music enough for me."
 
She gave my chest a light slap. "You're so cheesy, Yixing!" She says as she loosely wrapped her arms around my neck, my hands settling on the sides of her waist. We swayed to the music we hear inside my thoughts, not knowing if were thinking the same.
 
I twirled us around at the same time, our gazes settled at the sun, just a few more seconds from hiding and being replaced by the moon.
 
I take a good look at her face and I realized just how much I could see spending the rest of my life with her.
 
I moved my face closure to her and as she turned to face me, I captured her lips with mine. I felt like the whole world stopped at that moment, capturing the scene forever to be remembered.
 
We slowly opened our eyes and noticed that the sun was gone. The only light we have was the fountain's. But still, I see her eyes twinkle and I thought again just how lucky I was to be with her.
 
I let go of her and she looked at me curiously, yet again. I placed my hand in pocket and gripped the tiny box I've been keeping from her for a few months now.
 
It's now or never, Yixing.
 
I went down on one knee, reaching out for her hand as I presented her with the ring I got for her.
 
"_______-ah. It's amazing how everyday passes by and still I fall for you over and over always like it was the first time and I never expected to find a love like what you give me. Let me keep on feeling this way, like it's always the first time, like we're sharing our first kiss. Marry me?"
 
Tears fell from her eyes and I slightly panicked, thinking that she might say no.
 
I felt relieved her she jumped in my arms, making us tumble down on the ground while she peppers my lips with kisses saying "yes" over and over un between kisses.

I gazed at her again, took her hand and kissed the back of it before slipping her ring on her finger.

 

 

 

++++++++++++

 
 
 
 
We were walking back to my car, my hand holding her hand while I play with her ring.
 
"Yixing, I can't believe you actually orchestrated your proposal like this. I didn't even realize that everything that happened today was what happened on our first date. Well, save for the proposal."
 
I stopped us from moving, and I dropped the basket on the ground as I wrapped her around my arms, planting my lips on her again.
 

I settled my forhead on hers, rubbing our noses together. "Because everytime I'm with you, I always feel like it was the first time we met, so in love. And I'm hoping that we always stay in love this way, like it the first time, our first date, our first kiss."