Starry Night

Starry Night

Jaejin ambles his way up the stairs to his favourite hideout, a can of Hite in his hands. It's a few minutes past 12. He hasn't been getting much sleep these days. Not that he don't want to, he just can't. There's just too many questions in his head. Burning burning.

Jaejin shakes his head, trying to get rid of that thought. He dunked down the remaining mouthful of Hite. It's gone, done, finished. Like me. His eyes smart; his heart burns. Stumbling forward to the edge, he crushed the aluminum can with all his might. Who are you to do this to me? 

Jaejin settles down on the ancient wooden bench that gives out a creak in response to the added weight. "Ah..What a beautiful night...Haven't seen so many stars in a long, long time," mumbles Jaejin after a swig of Hite.

Yes stars. Stars everywhere. Stars, huh, I hate them - so much. So beautiful, so mystical. All a mask. Keep staring on and it hurts. So close yet so far. Just a waste of time. Not worth it. Burn a hole in your heart and then leaving without a goodbye. But, but it was so attractive, so memorable, so sweet. Her lips - Aish what is wrong with you Jaejin.

"Nothing! You're NOTHING!" Jaejin hollered as he swung his right hand forward and let the crushed can fly out of his hands, into the darkness of the night. His hands land on the metal railing with a loud clank. He allows the momentum vibrate through his body, enjoying the numbness of the impact.

The pain eventually sets in. He crumbles to the cold, hard ground, cowering into a ball, holding his legs close to his body. He sinks his face into the comfort of his arms. Tears trickled down from his mesmerizing eyes, past his smooth skin and contours, gathering above his perfectly-shaped lips before hitting the ground. His breaths become short and detached. Those muscular shoulders heaves up and down with such misery. His mind tells him to stop weeping like a pathetic woman, but his hearts crunches and swells at every thought of --

A warm sensation spreads across Jaejin's back. The familiar Armani scent, mixed a musky scent of warmth. The calming presence of his sole appearance.

"Jaejin-ah, just let it all out. Don't bother holding your feelings back anymore. It hurts seeing you like that everyday," Hongki's husky voice flows into Jaejin's ears. It sends electric pulses to his brain and tickles his heart.

"I'm sorry, hyung, for being such a wimp." That's the only thing he can say now.

Hongki lets out a deep chuckle. It's really charming when he does that.

"You fool. There's nothing to be sorry about. This is what brothers are for, right? Hyung will always be here for you."

"Thanks, hyung."

Silence sits in comfortably. Jaejin stares up at the sky, through his tears. A long sigh escapes his mouth. Hongki's staring at the sky too. His eyes reflect the bright shine of the stars, illuminating his eyes. He looks so cheerful and youthful, he always does. But tonight, sitting by Jaejin, he looks, different. His face is sunken, seemingly dragged down by the past experiences. He actually looks, mature.

"Hyung..."

"Yes?"

"Teach me how to forget."

"Invest yourself in some one or something else."

"But, I'm tired of this. I'm tired of everything. I'm tired of having to feel. I want to become numb..." Jaejin's words slurred into senseless mumbles as his eyelids lowers. His eyelashes cascade dark shadows over his eyes. His body tilts sideways, towards Hongki. Slowly, his head lands on Hongki's broad shoulders. Under the moonlight, Jaejin's peaceful face assimilated to a youth's face. So young, so innocent.

"Sleep more, jinnie. And wake up happy," Hongki whispers with a smirk on his face. He lets his eyes shut and his mind relax.