Does he not love me anymore?

I lost love because of my stupidity

Blue- thoughts of the charachters

Hana glanced anxiously at the clock. It was 11 p.m. She peered through the window, searching for a familiar figure in the street. But the street is deserted, apart from the vehicles of neighbors. She sighed in disappointment and sat back on the couch hugging a pillow. This is not the first day.

Maybe he doesn’t love me like the way I love him.

Hana forced her legs to move to the dining table and slumped to the chair. She thought back to their conversation, which happened one hour ago.

“Baby I’m sorry, I can’t come today. I’m really busy.” He apologized.

“This is the second time in a row oppa! You said you will come no matter what!” Hana whined.

“I know, I know. I’m sorry. This is something unavoidable-”

“I’ll wait for you!”

“No, don’t do that. It’ll be midnight when we finish this. Have your dinner on your own for today. I’m free tomorrow. I promise you I’ll take you out tomorrow.”

“How many times have you broken those promises?”

He sighed. “I’m doing this for us, Hana. Please understand.”

This is something Hana can’t win over, because he’s right.

She sighed and gave up. “I’m truly sorry. Let’s go out for lunch, okay? I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye. I love you. Mwah…” she hung up sadly.

Hana snapped from her thoughts when her stomach grumbled. She sighed again and started eating. Tears rolled down from her eyes while eating. Hana washed the dishes and took a bunch of soju bottles and sat on the couch in the living room. She finished one bottle in a gulp. She felt everything around her whirling when she hit the sixth bottle. But she ignored it and kept on drinking.

“Do you not love me like the way I love you? Have you gotten tired of me? You’re ignoring me because you’re popular now? Because you can have a better person than me now? Why are you doing this to me?” Hana sobbed and started drinking again. She cried and drink until she blackout.

The next morning Hana woke up with a pain in her head. She could barely open her eyes. She sat on the couch and started massaging her temples, still closing her eyes. She stood up to go the kitchen to get the pills for the headache, but fell on top of the soju bottles injuring her legs and hitting the head on the edge of the stool.

“Owww…” She groaned and stood up with the helping of the stool and limped to the kitchen cursing.

She took some pills for the headache and went to the bathroom.

She ripped out her clothes and stood under the shower ignoring the pain made by the cuts from the broken glasses. When she’s done, Hana dried herself carefully, applied medicine to the wounds and wore a baggy white t-shirt and a short and went to the living room to clean up the mess.

She didn’t realize the time. She was surprised to see Hongki standing in front of her with a flower bouquet and a box of chocolate, wearing a skull printed t-shirt.

“Why aren’t you dressed yet? Aren’t you going? Don’t tell me you forgot our date.” Hongki said cheerfully.

“It’s time already?” Hana looked at the clock and gasped.

“I didn’t even have breakfast yet!”

“What? What were you doing?”

Hongki gasped when he saw that Hana has plasters in both her legs.

“What happened? How did you get injured?”

Hongki bent to take a clear view. But Hana moved away with the flowers and the box of chocolates ignoring Hongki’s question. She put the roses to a vase and smelled them.

“Hmm… I like the smell.”

“I know.” Hongki said and kissed Hana passionately.

“Go get dresses, or you won’t be able to have lunch even.” Hongki teased.

Hana pouted and went to the room. Hongki sat on the couch smiling to her cuteness. He smelled soju as soon as he sat in there, and realized what happened to her last night.

I’m sorry. I know you’re having a hard time because of me. But I’m doing this for us.

Hana returned in 15 minutes looking gorgeous. She wore a trouser to cover her wounds.

They drove to their favorite restaurant. Hana slept on the way to the restaurant. Hongki didn’t bother about it because he knew that Hana has drunk a lot last night and she is still feeling dizzy.

They sat on a corner table, and Hongki sat on a chair which made him cover his face from others to avoid the attention. They talked about their future while having lunch. They even planned their wedding.

A group of girls covered Hongki when they stood up to leave, pushing Hana away from him.

Hongki cursed under his breath and gave an apologetic look to Hana. Hana gave a sad smile and nodded.

Hongki looked at his crazy fans, who are shoving albums and markers for his autograph, and smiled. The girls squeaked when he smiled. He kept acting cool and smiling even though he is cursing inside his head. Another pack of girls rushed screaming and pushed Hana away more.

Hana felt a huge knot in and her vision blurred. She quickly wiped the tears and looked at Hongki, who is signing the autographs cheerfully talking with them. Her shoulders deflated.

She sighed and went out of the restaurant hanging her head down. Hongki who is absorbed in signing stuff, didn’t see Hana leave. He only snapped out from what he was doing when he heard a screeching of tires and a loud bang. He looked around for Hana and ran outside when he didn’t see her.

“HANA!!!!” Hongki screamed and rushed to her when he saw that Hana was drowned in her own blood.

********************************

“Don’t worry Hongki~ah, she’ll be fine. The doctor said that the damage wasn’t that bad.” Jonghoon tried to console Hongki.

Hana has not woken up yet. She has an IV drop attached to her. And an oxygen tube too.

“But…” Hongki sighed.

“Don’t worry hyung. Nothing bad will happen to noona.” Minhwan put his hand on Hongki’s shoulder.

“Yeah, noona will wake up any moment.” Seunghyun added.

Hongki is sitting next to Hana and holding her hand from his both hands. He never took his eyes away from her.

Hongki sighed. “This is my fault. This is my entire fault. I will not forgive myself if something bad happens to her.”

“Aish hyung, be positive.” Jaejin snapped.

“Hongki~ah, go home. Rest for a while. I’ll stay here.” Jonghoon said in a concerning voice.

Hongki shook his head. “No. you guys go. I’ll stay here.” Jonghoon sighed.

He knew that he can’t force Hongki to leave.

“We’ll come tomorrow then. Rest at least for a while.” Jonghoon patted Hongki’s shoulder and went away with a secret.

He didn’t tell Hongki that Hana is in a serious situation. That she’s in a coma and the doctors can’t do anything until she wakes up. And it’ll be really bad if she took a long time to wake and she might die. He knew that Hongki is already hurt for what happened for he loved Hana more than anything in the world.

If Hongki knew about this, he’ll be devastated. He might commit suicide. So the only thing Jonghoon told Hongki is to keep talking with Hana and even sing for her so she might wake up quickly. Hongki did what he was told without asking any question. He is too sad that nothing came to his mind and he acted like a robot.

Two weeks passed and nothing changed.

Hana didn’t wake up.

Since she didn’t wake up, the doctors couldn’t treat her. And her head was damaged severely. Her brain started to die slowly.

Then one day the lifeline in the machine showed that her heart is not working anymore with a continuous ‘beep’ sound.

Hongki panicked and pressed the button above the bed and the doctors and nurses rushed to the room. He was pushed aside. They did everything to make her heartbeat again. The doctor looked at Hongki with a sad face and shook his head.

“NO! Hana wake up! Wake up! You can’t leave me! Don’t leave me! I love you! I love you! Open your eyes! HANA!!” Hongki screamed shaking Hana from her shoulders.

The attendants took Hana’s body away. Hongki dragged himself to the rooftop sobbing, not minding others.

He sent a multiple text to Jonghoon, Jaejin, Seunghyun and Minhwan and let his phone slip away from his hand. He walked to the corner of the building and let his body fall from it.

Hana I love you. We’ll meet again in the stars.

I rushed too much because I thought I could do something. But I was wrong. I spilled the happiness away. I lost love. Hana is gone. There’s no point in living anymore. Goodbye my brothers. I love you guys. We will shine brightly in the sky!

The message read.