oo7.

Conquer

Chapter 7; Maemeodeu

 

“I can’t believe her,” Kyungsoo growls, his mouth pulled into a scowl. “I’m always nice to her, and what do I get in return? Her crappy attitude!” he screams incredulously, drawing the attention of passersby. A tiny pebble rolls underneath his foot, and he stares at it for a second, glaring so fiercely, as if the pebble were Su Min herself. Then, in just a split second, the pebble bursts apart, sending tiny fragments of it flying. His eyes widen and he looks around, luckily, no one saw the small display.

 

That’s right, he thinks. I am powerful.

- - -

 

Her tiny fists pound on the heavy wooden door with surprising ferocity. “Minseok! Minzy! Open up, please!” she screams. Still, no answer comes. She rests her head on the door, placing a hand over heart and feeling the resounding thump of heartbeat. I’m not dead yet, she assures herself before knocking on the door once again. Finally, it opens slightly, and Minzy’s big eyes peer out at her. “Minzy! I need to tell you something really important,” she begins, but the door is slammed shut, and a chorus of shouts follow the action.

 

“Kim Minzy, I told you not to answer the door!”

 

All is silent, almost unnervingly so. Su Min presses her back against the door, sliding down the rough wood until she reaches the cold ground. A thin layer of snow covers the ground, soaking her clothes through. A sudden of gust of air causes the hair on the back of her neck to stand up. Her nose wrinkles and that oh-so-familiar voice speaks up again. You’ll fail, this time. Su Min launches herself into a standing position. “Minseok, something’s wrong!” she screams, her fists aching from pounding on the door.

 

Nothing. And then a sudden thought comes to mind; Kyungsoo. She sets off at a run, twisting and turning every which way in hopes of finding him. At some point, she reaches the edge of the town, and finds herself staring blankly into the thick woods. The skeletal looking branches reach out for her, drawing her into the hellish forest. Things lurk at the edge of the shadows, watching her as she skids down the side of the mountain, breaking through the brush.

 

And then she sees it. A great big wooly thing the size of at least three horses. Its hands are a bluish-purple color, and the skin there is obviously thick and callused. The most disturbing part, however, is that held in its grasp is a middle-aged woman. Her hair is tied up, her eyes shut, twisted into a look of pure terror. And she bares startling resemblance to...Minseok. Su Min takes a step forward, but her arm is grabbed suddenly.

 

Kyungsoo stands there, staring at her with big, pleading eyes. “You can’t, Su Min. You don’t have weapons, or anything, for that matter.” he notes. Su Min stares at him incredulously, her eyes narrowing.

 

“Fine, then what do you suggest we do?”

 

Another person comes to stand beside her, outfit in the towns traditional battle gear. Grabbing her hand, he places a small bundle of weapons in her hand; her weapons. “Please,” Minseok says. “Save my mother.” Grabbing her dagger, she twirls it expertly before stepping forward. Su Min glances around the woods and then takes another step forward, gripping the dagger with a relaxed hand.

 

Kyungsoo follows behind, his feet pounding loudly on the round, obviously, he isn’t very agile. “Do you have to come?” she asks, an edge to her usually smooth and sure voice. At the moment, she’s never been more unsure, more afraid. This is someone's mother that’s on the line. If she doesn’t execute this well, she could die, and then Su Min would have that weight on her shoulders forever.

 

The monster, a maemeodeu, is occupied at the moment. It seems more focused on cleaning its wool than paying attention to its surroundings. “Oh, , this thing is huge.” Su Min curses, standing just feet away from it. She twists around to look at Kyungsoo, but he seems concentrated on something. Su Min shakes her head slightly before aiming her dagger, keeping one hand on the hilt of her sword. The color of the blade has turned ice blue, and the crystal is freezing, to the point where frost has formed on it.

 

And then it happens. A sizable chunk of rock rises up out of the ground, and hurls itself at the mammoth-like creature. The creature drops Minseok’s mother as it’s flung against a tree. Glancing at Kyungsoo, a small smirk curls onto her lips. “Nice job,” she whispers. He smiles and sits down, a wave of fatigue coming over him. The maemeodeu looks up, its pitch black eyes scanning the area. But, once again, the monster ignore her and focuses on none other than Minseok.

 

Taking a curved blade native to this area out, he holds it up defensively, looking unsure. Su Min, desperate to prevent another Kyungsoo-like event lurches forward, slashing maniacally at the maemeodeu’s hind quarters. It turns towards her and growls, revealing pointed canines the size of her forearm. Su Min is unceremoniously knocked out of the way and slammed up against a tree, causing every bone in her body to shake. “No.” she groans, watching as the thing proceeds towards Minseok. But his mouth opens, as if by force, and he shouts a single word.

 

“Freeze!”


Author's Note;

► It's been awhile since I last updated. Well, not really, but kind of. Anyways, as you can see, Kyungsoo is getting a hang of his powers. And Minseok is Minseok. I don't like serious Minseok, to be honest. So I guess that has to change. I guess that's it...Remember to comment, subscribe, and upvote as well!

► Peyton

tumblr_m25eu2h2Ls1qekyh7o1_500.gif