Chapter One

Dark And Dirty

The wind blew. The leaves creaked as she stepped on them, wrapping her bare arms around herself, the nine year old found the September afternoon unusually cold.

***

Little Luhan kicked a stone as he walked down the sidewalk, gripping onto his schoolbag strap he shivered from the chilliness of the September afternoon.

"I should have brought a sweater." He muttered and made a turn into the park. He actually should have kept on walking, but instead, he turned into a park to take a shorter route home, his father has warned him about the park's safety and that he shouldn't even pass by the park. Ignoring his father, Luhan took the route everyday.

The park has always been quiet, Luhan would be surprised to even see people in the park despite that it's located in the dense district. But Luhan liked the park's serenity, he liked how the swings would be swinging not because someone's on the swing but the wind, he also liked how the park was like only place he had to himself.

Luhan liked to play on the swings before he continued his way back home, school was just too pressured for the eleven-year-old boy. He sometimes would swing as high as he could, he enjoyed the short moment up high in the sky where he could get the full view of the park, he sometimes would just sit on the swing and place his schoolbag on the other one then he would talk and tell the schoolbag everything he wouldn't tell everyone else.

As he neared the swings, Luhan halted when he saw a petite back figure, probably a girl's, curling like a ball on the swing. Disappointment hit him, his private time was gone and he didn't like the fact that he would have to share with a stanger, possessive much, he didn't own the park anyway. The idea of shooing 'the intruder' away and telling her off flashed across Luhan's mind, but he brushed the thought off right after, that would have been a tad too mean, wouldn't it? Luhan decided that he was being childish since there was still another swing left, he made his way to the swings.

Luhan's sudden appearance startled the figure, the girl frantically jumped and fell off the swing, just before she hit the ground, a hand firmly gripped onto her wrist. Astounded, she lifted her head to look at her 'saviour', she found herself looking at an extremely pleasant looking boy, with the most beautiful eyes she had seen, he had a tall nose and long eyelashes, his milky skin was a great feature of him, too. She noticed his uniform, it was the uniform of the most prestigious school of the city.

Shooting his hand out at the falling girl, even Luhan himself didn't know why did he do it, maybe it was one's instinct but he didn't care, as long as he prevented her from falling. He gave one of her most genuine smiles as she looked up at him, where the end of lips were almost up to his eyes, the girl was wearing only a thin jacket, and her hazel eyes were watery, has she been crying?

"I'm sorry -"

"- Have you been crying?" Luhan blurted out.

The girl seemed to be taken aback by Luhan's sudden question, which wasn't the response she expected to recieve from him, she expected to simply put on the fake smile everyone did, and nod then he would walk away, like how every single person she encountered did. She kept silent.

Luhan figured that she wouldn't talk, or at least tell him that she was crying. Well of course, he was just some stranger that decided to play on the swings then saved her from falling, there was no reason that she was going to tell him right away. Luhan let go her wrist then sat on a swing, and started to swing back and forth.

She felt the warmth on her wrist go away, leaving her to the coldness in the air. She watched the boy sit down on the swing next to hers and swing back and forth, his well-cropped hair swishing back and forth, too. The boy looked happy on the swing, he looked like a free bird flying in the sky when his swing reached the top. Sitting on the other swing, she started to swing, too. At first she couldn't swing as high as the boy did, no matter how high she kicked her feet, no matter how much she wanted to, she just couldn't reach the boy. Luhan noticed the girl swinging next to him, he noticed that she wanted to paralleled with him, he smirked and slowed down a bit, letting the girl reach him.

The girl managed to be in sync with Luhan, but she knew he slowed down for her. "Don't stop." She said.

"Why?" Luhan cocked his head at her.

"I don't want you to stop for me, I want to reach you myself." She said to him, Luhan could see determination in her, and he felt that there was a deeper meaning that he couldn't comprehend behind what she said, and he wanted to know what was the real meaning behind.

Then Luhan stopped, making the girl stop, too. "Why did you stop?"

Luhan found her questions intriguing, very intriguing, "I felt like it."

"Mrs. Han said that 'I felt like it' isn't a polite answer."

"Mrs. Han?"

The girl pressed her lips together, "My dean."

Her answer bombed Luhan's head. Dean?! She's an orphan? What was an orphan doing here? Shouldn't orphans be at the orphanage? He eyed her warily, his father had taught him not to socialize with orphans.

"I think I should leave." She noticed his aura's sudden change from friendly to unwelcoming, he must have found out that she's an orphan, a pathetic orphan unlike him, who at least had a family.

Luhan immediately regretted it, he shouldn't be judging her so soon, no one should be judging anyone that soon, he just met her! In fact, he found her presence comforting, unlike the his 'friends' at school, to be honest he liked her presence. "Don't." She stopped at his request, never once she thought he would ask her to stay, so she did, Luhan smiled at seeing her stop leaving. "My name's Luhan, what's yours?"

"I'm Jiyou."

 

Author's note 

yehet first chapter ^^ This takes place when luhan is just eleven and he will still be eleven for a few (maybe three?) chapters, but don't worry he WILL age lol. Please support this story! I've put my Baekhyun one on hiatus just because I have been putting a lot of effort on planning the plot of this one :p Do comment, subscribe and even upvote <3 ttfn have a nice day (:

CHAPTER-LY LUHAN GIF FOR YOU GUYZ~

tumblr_n0pnw7uPnJ1sz0j5io1_250.gif

ASDFGHJKL LU-GE I KENNOT ANYMORE SOMEONE CALL THE AMBULANCE FOR ME !@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*