Chapter One

Red Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
1 Apple of his Eye

 

The bell rang, Hyukjae quickly packed his books into his backpack, without even caring about how he packed them. His best friend Siwon was a tad bit slower than him, he packed his books with his usual sense of patience. Hyukjae began to tap with his foot on the floor, his patience was already running thin. “Can you hurry up? We’ll be late.” He urged his best friend.

Siwon pretended that he didn’t know what Hyukjae was talking about and he teased: “Late for what?”

Hyukjae blew up his cheeks in annoyance. “You know for what! If we’ll wait any longer, then I only have a half hour to look at him before that cute, little chef leaves.”

Siwon began to collect his pens that he had laid down on his table in a slower and more agonizing pace. “We’ll still have to wait for Kyuhyun.”

Hyukjae couldn’t take it anymore and began to help Siwon to collect his stuff. “You’ve got to be kidding me! But then it’ll take more time!” He whined.

But suddenly he got an idea and his slight pout disappeared. “You know what, let’s just ditch him.” He nodded to himself as if it was a good idea and Siwon already knew that he wouldn’t be able to change his friend’s mind. Siwon sighed and mumbled, more to himself than to Hyukjae: “I wonder if all of this haste is healthy for a human being.”

Hyukjae didn’t even bother to listen to his best friend and began pulling Siwon along as soon as he was sure that the latter had gotten all of his stuff.

They exited the classroom and turned left. Siwon tried to walk a bit slower in order to let Kyuhyun catch up to him. Hyukjae didn’t even know what his friend was doing, in his head he was already with his cute, little chef.

“Ah, I finally found you guys! Why didn’t you wait for me?” Hyukjae and Siwon turned around to see Kyuhyun running towards them, he hadn’t even finished putting his books in his backpack.

Hyukjae didn’t even bother to answer him back and he just continued pulling Siwon towards the exit of the university building. He didn’t care about whether or not, Kyuhyun followed them or not.

Siwon turned halfway towards Kyuhyun who was walking behind them now as he followed Hyukjae’s ridiculous pace.

“You know why Hyukjae doesn’t want to wait. Otherwise he’ll only have a half hour to look at his cute, little chef instead of the full three quarters.” Siwon sarcastically rolled his eyes as Kyuhyun sighed.

“Do we really have to go there again? Hyukjae, I think that you should get the message that that boy doesn’t want to go out with you. He’s probably straight or something.”

Hyukjae shook his head as he stubbornly looked into the direction of the café. “He isn’t straight, I know that for sure.”

“How?” Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. “Did you do the bend-and-snap or something?” He began laughing about his own joke and even Siwon snickered about it.

“NO! I just asked him! And he answered that even though he is gay, he didn’t want to go out with me.”

Hyukjae let his head hang a little lower. Even though he tried not to show it, those countless rejections did hurt him. But he didn’t give up, he wasn’t the one for giving up. He never had been. Not with his love life but also not with sports or school. He had worked his whole life hard for good grades. It had been very difficult and there had been countless times that he wanted to give up but he never had and it had paid off seeing that he was now on one of the best universities of the country together with his friends. And now, he also didn’t want to give up on his new-found love, or as his friends called it: ‘obsession’.

They crossed the street and around another corner, they found a little café with the name: Red Café. Hyukjae’s face immediately began to shine. He changed his quick-walking pace towards running and he only stopped when he reached the door.

Hyukjae pushed the door open and he walked inside the café. The café had dark, red colored walls and a wooden floor. The seats had a coffee color and the tables were made of the same kind of wood as the floor. But there was one thing that Hyukjae liked the most about the café; it had an open kitchen.

And in that open kitchen stood that cute, little chef. He had soft, brown, tousled hair and a blemish free, white skin. He wore a white dress shirt with black pants and a black apron. And he smelled like a mixture of sweets and coffee which surprisingly smelled very good; Hyukjae knew that from the few times that he talked to the cute, little chef.

The cute, little chef looked up when Hyukjae entered and he lightly scowled, it was almost unnoticeable but it was still there. And then he continued with his work.

Finally, Siwon and Kyuhyun walked inside too. And they noticed Hyukjae standing five meters away from the kitchen, he was staring.

Siwon and Kyuhyun simultaneously sighed and they grabbed Hyukjae by his arms and dragged him down a table.

The three of them sat down on their usual spot which was next to the window but also the closest to the kitchen. Hyukjae sat down on the chair that had the best view on the kitchen, Siwon sat on his left and Kyuhyun on his right.

Then they patiently waited for the waiter to come. Kyuhyun and Siwon made some small talk while looking at the menu as Hyukjae just stared at his obj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter