One/One

Tears Like Raindrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm somewhere stuck right in the middle of pride and insecurity about this.  I feel accomplished in some weird sort of way, but this is also sort of based off of recent personal events so... Anyways, fans of the Cold Nights and Warm Beds Universe I hope you enjoy this just as much as the rest.  Leave A Comment! 

Yoongi startles awake when cold toes press into the space between his ankles, he blinks slowly into the darkness frowning when Jimin puffs a chuckle into the skin covering his collarbone that is more vibration than vocalized sound. Jimin slides closer still knees bumping as fingers slide down his back slowly, mapping out each bump and dip of his spine. Yoongi grumbles, pulling the comforter closer and kicking his feet out at the younger boy.  Jimin stills for a moment, uncertain.

“,” Yoongi screeches as quickly as he can manage when Jimin ghosts his frozen fingers over the curve of his hip, his whole body shivers and he swears he can feel the cold all the way to his bones. Jimin is laughing softly as Yoongi wiggles away cursing softly and turning his back with a breathy huff.  Jimin simply follows him across the small space of the bed.  Yoongi shivers at the cool press of the younger boy against the expanse of his back. Jimin throws his arm over the other, tangling their legs together and up some of the heat from the older boy.  The curves and angles of their bodies molding together perfectly leaves a little ache in the pit of Jimin’s stomach.

“Why are you so cold?” Yoongi eventually murmurs voice laced with sleep, and Jimin can tell that he’s already half asleep.

“I just came from outside.” Jimin whispers softly, nuzzling his face into the back of Yoongi’s neck causing the older boy to grimace at the press of cold nose before he rolls back over.  He smacks Jimin’s hands away when they dance over the curve of his hips, causing the younger boy to break out into laughter at the way his face pulls into a grimace that is softened by sleepy eyes.

“Quiet kid,” Yoongi complains, tucking Jimin into his arms easily if only to shut him up.  Jimin shoves his feet between the other’s calves, ice cold toes curling into the warm skin there. “, why are your toes ice cold!”

“I was out on the balcony…” Jimin trails off with a frown, wondering if the older boy ever even listens to him when he talks.  Yoongi simply grunts in reply he knows that Jimin refuses to wear socks when he’s out on the balcony, a fact he finds idiotic, no matter how cold it is. And there isn’t really anything more he wants to know about it; he isn’t nearly as curious or nosy as the younger seems to be.  Jimin seems to have more than enough youthful curiosity for the both of them, which is perfectly fine for Yoongi. He understands much better than the other the need to keep a few things to yourself.

“You should wear socks at least,” Yoongi murmurs into messy hair, rolling his eyes when he feels Jimin shrug.  “Go to sleep.”

Jimin wants to say something but thoughts from the balcony are lingering too close to the surface.  Something that feels all too much like rage slithers across the base of his skull, making his hands twitch and his body tense.  He wants to ask why Yoongi isn’t curious as to why Jimin was out of bed in the middle of the night, or why he was gone for hours.  He’s so curious if the other even realizes that he was out on the balcony for over 3 hours.  Wants to ask why Yoongi doesn’t wake up when Jimin leaves but he does when he comes back.  There are a lot of questions that Jimin wants to ask, but they are all questions he never will. The words get caught up in the back of his throat and he chokes on them for a moment, shifting away from around Yoongi as the older boy settles further under the warmth of the covers and his arms loosen.

Something close to annoyance curls in his stomach, muscles shaking as fingers curl into fists.  Biting down on his lip harshly he pulls away from Yoongi completely, annoyance shifting into anger the longer he allows himself to dwell on all the unasked questions circling inside his mind.  Yoongi grumbles, but doesn’t move in the slightest when Jimin rolls away.  He lays there for a moment, waiting for the older boy to reach out, waiting for him to call out his name, waiting for anything.  The silence simply continues to drag on and Jimin slips from the bed.  Leaving the room without the slightest hesitation, he travels a path he hasn’t taken in what seems like forever, crawling into his own bed trying not to wake Taehyung when he climbs onto the top bunk.

Jimin lies in bed, staring at the dark ceiling, the light from Taehyung’s night light casting shadows across the room.  He lets his mind wander again, back to the same thoughts he’d been thinking about for hours out in the cold, trying to wrap his mind around whatever it is that him and Yoongi are even doing.  Jimin has no word to define it.  He isn’t even sure that it is definable.  He isn’t even all that confident in the fact that it’s much of anything at all.

Comfort when missing home is heavy.  A distraction when idol life drags on, pulling at them, creating a pounding tension in the back of their head.  Something to fill up all the blank empty spaces in Yoongi’s day to day life.  Keeping him busy, keeping him entertained.  Whatever Yoongi wants.  Whatever Yoongi asks. Whatever Yoongi demands. Yoongi is constantly getting exactly what he wants.  And Jimin feels more like a puppet the longer he thinks.  Fingers curling into a fist he frowns at the ceiling, tension building across the base of his skull.

The biggest question that pounds against the side of his head, banging and banging, agitating Jimin with each passing second is; Does Yoongi even care? That’s all Jimin can really think about these days.  He doesn’t doubt that Yoongi cares for him, but Yoongi cares for all of them in some shape or form.  They have all bonded together, through the aches and the tears and the sleepless nights and the endless practices.  But, does the older boy care about him. Jimin just isn’t sure anymore. His stomach rolls and he swallows a few times, praying he won’t throw up all over himself.

Doubt is back again scratching at the hidden parts of his mind, picking at scabbed over places of previous doubts. He doesn’t dare to close his eyes because he knows what he’ll see when he does; all the doubts and insecurities will rush to the front of his mind.  So instead he stares wide eyed at the ceiling as the night progresses towards morning, all around him time presses forth regardless of his restless thoughts.

 

Hours later Jimin is still staring at the ceiling, watching as the light slowly flickers to life across the room.  Taehyung never could remember to pull the blinds shut before bed.  He blinks slowly as the ceiling seems to come to life, eyes puffy and limbs heavy from lack of sleep. He doesn’t move as he hears Taehyung start to move, quiet murmurs traveling around the silent room as the boy slowly begins to wake.  Jimin wonders if he should call out, but he remains silent and still instead.

Taehyung rolls from the bed with a bang and grunt, rubbing at his eyes as he slowly untangles from his blanket and climbs to his feet.  He startles when he sees Jimin laying in bed, face pulling into confusion.  He blinks slowly, stepping onto his bed and peeking over the top.  Jimin turns towards him slightly in acknowledgement, staring blankly at the other boy with half-lidded red rimmed eyes.

“It’s time to get up?” Taehyung whispers and questions all at the same time still unsure if he’s actually seeing Jimin or if he’s just that exhausted.  Jimin nods in return.  Taehyung slowly steps from the bed, dragging himself from the room towards the kitchen and shaking his head.  He runs into Seokjin in the hallway, limbs tangling for a moment before they both right themselves. Taehyung is still lost in his thoughts, fingers fidgeting at his sides.

“Morning Tae,” Seokjin murmurs softly. Taehyung blinks at the boy, mind still reeling in confusion.  He tilts his head back towards his room and then turns back towards Seokjin.

“Jimin is in his bed,” Taehyung voices eventually, needing to share his confusion with someone. Seokjin looks both amused and confused. “He hasn’t been in his own bed in weeks. But, he’s in his bed.”

“Maybe he was really tired last night,” Seokjin supplies, but Taehyung can tell the boy doesn’t even believe his own words.  The younger boy frowns, but follows Seokjin when the older boy turns without another word towards the kitchen. He drops himself into his seat at the table, resting his chin on the table and losing himself to his own thoughts once again.

 

Jimin drags himself from bed slowly nearly 20 minutes after Taehyung staggered from the room.  He changes his clothes slowly, fingers fumbling and shaky.  Pulling a hoodie over his head he leaves the hood up, before slipping from the room and heading towards the kitchen.  He stops when everyone goes silent for a minute; it’s been a long time since he’s been the last one out of bed. There are two seats empty currently, his usual seat right beside Yoongi and the one at the opposite end of the table right next to Jungkook that is usually left empty.  He’s left with a decision that he knows will make quite a big impact on what happens next in regards to Yoongi.  He scuffs his foot against the floor, body curling in under the attention of the other members.

He hesitates for a moment, before walking towards the younger boy and slipping into the seat beside him.  Everything sort of moves in slow motion for a minute or two, but Jimin refuses to acknowledge anyone.  He pushes the plate that’s softly set in front of him away, curling into himself a little more when he can practically hear the other members frowning.  Jimin hesitates for a moment, not wanting to worry anyone or bring attention to himself, but he just can’t sit by Yoongi right now – not when he doesn’t even really want to be in the same room as the older boy yet.  His mind is too jam packed with thoughts that he can’t shake off, and the anger simmering underneath the surface of his skin feels like an infection rolling throughout his entire body and threatening to take over if he doesn’t tread carefully.  

Yoongi stares at Jimin from down the table, face pulled into concern and confusion and anger.  He catches Seokjin’s eye but the older boy looks away almost instantly. Yoongi’s face evens out, his emotions slipping away as his fingers clench around his chopsticks, he really wants to throw them across the room right now.  He doesn’t like when his life is on display, and it feels like Jimin is purposely up to something just to get attention.  Instead of the younger boy talking to him about whatever is wrong, like a mature adult, he’s being childish and it pisses Yoongi off the longer he sits there.

Jimin yawns, rubbing at his eye softly.  He startles when Jungkook presses a shoulder against his own, he tilts his head up looking at the boy from beneath his hood.  Jungkook is looking at him intently, his hair a mess and eyes still sleepy around the edges. He looks cute and it almost makes Jimin want to reach out and pat his hair down into place, instead he curls fingers into the hem of his hoodie and stays completely still.

"Morning hyung,” Jungkook whispers softly, mouth curled into a soft smile.  Jimin wants to hit the kid, because Jungkook only calls him hyung when he knows the older is having a rough day or when he’s being overly affectionate.  It makes the ache in his chest and the pounding in the back of his head worse, but Jimin forces a smile anyways.  Jungkook just looks at him, smile slowly disappearing the longer he looks.  Jimin turns his head away, but leans against the younger boy’s arm.  Reaching out to curl his fingers into the fabric of the other boy’s shirt he holds on and prays he doesn’t start randomly crying, because his throat is starting to feel tight and his eyes sting behind his eyelids.

                Jimin doesn’t manage to actually eat anything his stomach in too many knots to even make an attempt.  And he spends most of the time with his face pressed into the curve of Jungkook’s shoulder, biting down on his lip and whispering don’t cry over and over again in his own head.  But he makes it through the entire breakfast without having any sort of meltdown so he counts it as a success.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter