Chapter One

The Darkest Love

Chapter One

Kuina POV

               My body ached as a foot connected with my ribs, creating a loud and obvious cracking noise. I was thrown back, sprawled out on the floor as he advanced, a sadistic smile illuminating his face. I dare not fight back though; it would only make the whole situation worse. The tip of his Mary Jane’s reached my face and he squatted down to the ground, his short, black, and lace dress billowed out. A slender white hand gripped my chin, bringing my face up to his height as he analyzed me. A slight whimper escaped me as his crimson smeared lips turned into another freakish smile. My heart skipped a beat as his face neared mine, crushing his lips to my bruised ones. I hesitantly kissed back, not wanting the punishment that would have arisen if I didn’t. He nipped at the piercings in my lip, but quickly pulled back after, letting go of my jaw. My head dropped to the floor, vision flickering as the pain in my body flared again. I watched him leave, in his little black dress, his knee high stockings and Mary Jane’s. An umbrella held over his head to protect him from the nonexistent rain. As the heavy door closed loudly, I breathed out his name. “Meto…” My vision flickered a final time, as the big warehouse room faded to black; the pain finally taking over.

 

               “Kuina… Hey Kuina! You’ve got to wake up…”

 

My eyes started to flutter open to the familiar voice besides me. I groaned loudly as the pain hit me like a train. Screaming loudly and I sat up; hands quickly grabbed my shoulders and eased me back down, forcing me to drink a strange bitter tasting liquid. I protested, spitting it out, but the familiar person kept forcing it down my throat. “Kuina, you need to drink it, you won’t get better if you don’t,” Ice’s deep voice murmured to me.

 

               I quit trying to force it back up and accepted the disgusting liquid. Once I had finished it, Ice helped me sit up slowly, most of the pain already retreating from my ribs. For the first time I noticed Asagi leaned against the doorframe to my little cell, I guess you could say. Once he saw that I was functioning, he left with a hmph. I presumed he was going to go listen to Master Kyo’s every whim. Ice watched him walk out, rolling his eyes before he turned back to me with a grin. “He made the potion for you, you know?” he said after a second.

 

               I have him a questioning look, “But why? I thought he doesn’t like me, no one likes me…” I muttered, my voice drawing sour.

 

               I slipped off the bed, minor pain leaking from my body now and pulled my dirty and now bloody shirt over my head. I threw it into the pile of other dirty and bloody clothes that Meto had soiled in his rage and stepped out of my billowy harem pants, discarding them in the pile too. I may be a slave, but at least I was a well dressed one. Meto liked his pets to look groomed. Ice leaned back on the bed as I slipped into the little bathroom that was separated from my room by a piece of cloth. Turning on the shower, cold water blasted through the shower head, gradually turning warm as I massaged my aching muscles with soap. I took the long purple and black strands of my hair in my hands and massaged shampoo into it. The grime and blood splattering on the floor and slowly swirling down the drain.

 

               “Are you going to be okay?” Ice asked through the flimsy piece of cloth. “I have some things I need to go do.”

 

               I started to nod, but I remembered that he couldn’t see me, “Yeah I’ll be fine, I’m going to go find some food after my shower.”

 

               Ice’s voice started to fade as he said bye, suggesting that he left, not really waiting for my reply.

 

               I sighed, stepping out of the shower and throwing on a pair of skinny jeans and a long t-shirt. Just as I was pulling my shirt over my head, Meto walked into my room and my body instantly froze. Little shivers went down my back, raising goose bumps all over my flesh. Still paused with my shirt over my head, I slowly slid it on and ducked my head. Meto walked towards me, seductively placing his hand on my shoulder and tracing it around my collar bones as he inspected my outfit. He leaned close to my ear, “you’re not showing enough skin, my little ,” he breathed.

 

               More shivers were sent down my back as he grabbed my shirt and pulled it over my head, it caught on a couple piercings. A little whimper escaped from me and he smirked. He then got down on his knees and started undoing my belt on my skinny jeans. He ped them and pulled them off my slim frame. Getting up he made his way over my closet and pulled out a pair of very short shorts and some fishnet tights. He them into my arms and I hesitantly pulled on the outfit. Once on he tossed me a cropped dress shirt.

 

               After I was dressed to Meto’s whim, we met Naoto in the hallway; she was wearing an extremely short dress and matching fishnets. High boots were hiked up to her thighs and she had a seductive air about her. Meto, dressed as a gothic Lolita girl led us out of the abandoned warehouse they made their home in. Down the street was a popular bar where the witches enjoyed hitting people up at, so we made our way towards it. Before we had left, Meto had hooked a collar around my neck and was holding on to a chain that was attached to it. I felt like every last bit of my pride had been up when he made me wear it, especially in public.  

 

               Stepping into the bar, Naoto quickly picked the male she was going to seduce tonight. A tall, lean foreigner drowning his sorrows in vodka. She sauntered over there and put her plan into action. In minutes he was already quite obviously ually attracted to her, and was feeling her up. She quickly got up and grabbed his hand, leading him into the back alley, but not after sending a wink Meto’s way. As Meto cast random spells around, ruining people’s lives, I let my eyes wander; looking for any chance I could use to escape. Once person seemed to stand out from the rest, but in the lighting I couldn’t see him very well. But in the dim bar, his eyes glowed a brilliant crimson red. Before I realized it, I was walking towards him, drawn to his beautiful eyes, when Meto yanked back on my chain, causing me to slip and fall in my ridiculous boots. A hand was on my arm, a very cold hand. It helped me to my feet and I followed that hand to a muscular arm, to a thin but defined chest that could be seen in the deep v-neck of his t-shirt, I followed his chest up to a thin, elegant neck. Finally my eyes roamed his face, and in that moment I could feel my innards basically turn to mush. His lips turned into a grin as he noticed me blushing at him, trying to take in the beautiful man standing before me.

 

               Another yank of the chain, but this time harder, as I collapsed again on the floor. Meto cast a quick spell into the air to make people mind their own business and started to stare at the beautiful person standing before us. He kicked me behind him and glared. The edge of his shoe clipping the side of my face. A slightly dizzy feeling overcame me.