Chapter Five

The Darkest Love

Chapter Five

Tsuzuku POV

I stopped drinking when I felt his precious body go limp in my arms. I swallowed the blood in my mouth, pressing kisses to his face and neck, laying him down. I gently tucked him back in bed, and pricked my finger, writing him a note. I leaned down and gently pressed my lips to his, then I noticed the bite marks, so I took a piece of gauze from a medical kit in the room, and taped it to his neck, kissing the spot gently, and walking to the window, looking back at the beautiful man on the bed, and leapt from the window.

I rushed down the dark, damp streets, back to the sewer. When I returned to the bedroom, Koichi sat looking out the window, clinging to the blankets.

“Koi?” I asked, walking to the bed. He looked at me and threw his arms around my neck, then kissed me. He pulled away, a look of confusion on his face.

“What’s that smell?” He asked, and I swallowed thickly.

“I was thirsty so I went out and hunted,” I said, praying he’d believe me. He sniffed at my neck and mouth, then settled back in the bed.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, laying down next to him, putting my arms around him. He just looked out the window, tears rolling down his cheeks.

“I-I see him,” he murmured.

“Who?” I asked, confused. He looked me dead in the eye, pain evident in his expression.

“I see you falling in love. But your love will die, and you will seek revenge. Tsu…” He paused, putting a hand on my dead heart.

“You will die by the hand of your lover’s owner,” he said as he got up, still , and ran out of their room, sobbing.

“Koi?!” I called after him, begging he’d answer as I ran down the hall, almost tripping over Ruki’s cage.

“He’s going to see Yoshiki,” Ruki said. I growled and kicked his cage.

“Shut up Ruki!” I yelled, rushing off to follow the beautiful, pink haired man. As I burst into the room, Yoshiki stood, his arms crossed.

“Do you understand what you’ve done?” he asked, stepping forward.

Sighing, I leaned against the doorframe. “Yeah, I know.”

Yoshiki sighed and went to sit at his piano. “For all we know, you just started a war!” He shouted.

I sighed and shrugged. “But I didn’t.”

“We don’t know that yet! What if the witches find your teeth marks in his neck?!”

“I can’t control if he hides it! Look, I don’t know why I’m so attracted to him, but I am. He’s what I want, and if I have to kill a witch to get him, I will!” I stormed out, slamming the door and rushed off to Jun’s room to think. He came out with a towel around his waist, jumping when he saw me sitting in the window.

“Uhm, a warning would have been nice,” Jun said, chuckling and sitting down on the bed. I didn’t move from my spot at the window, looking out where I could see the warehouse where the witches made their lair.

“Sorry. My mind’s a little preoccupied.” I said, smiling weakly. Jun came and sat down next to me, patting my leg.

“Tell me,” he said. The kid was always so thoughtful.

“Jun...I think I’m in love.”

Jun’s face lit up, and he clapped, laughing.

“How awesome?!” he exclaimed, still smiling like an idiot.

“Koichi?” he asked. I shook my head and sighed, looking back out the window at the witches’ lair.

“No...A witch’s pet,” I said, looking back to Jun, seeing his eyes wide and his mouth open.

“Yeah, I’m ed,” I muttered, and leapt out the window.