All Tied Up

Helping Hands
Please log in to read the full chapter

You sat on the edge of your bed with your legs against your chest and your chin resting on your knees. Turning to the clock, you catch the time changing. 7:54. It's been nine minutes.

"Hurry up," you quietly whined into your leg.

Perfect timing; you heard the faucet shut off and the curtain draw back. You quickly sat upright and set your legs down so they were dangling on the edge of the bed. The sound of the nearby footsteps gradually crescendoed, and a smile found its way onto your face as the doorknob turned.

And there he was, with the light from the restroom glowing around him like a halo. It only made him look that much more angelic.

"Hi!" you cheered as he stepped out of the doorway.

Without even batting an eyelash, he echoed your expression with a silly grin as he cocked his head. "Good morning," he replied while making his way to the bed.

You stretched your arms out like a child insinuating that you wanted a hug, ignoring the fact that he was still a little wet.

"It's early," he noted as you wrapped your arms around each other. "Did you wake up just so you could see me ?" Of course he'd ask you this.

"Shut up," you answered as you softly slapped his posterior through the towel.

"Ah, so you wanted to touch me," he concluded matter-of-factly.

"I have the purest of intentions," you replied, detatching yourself from his embrace. "I rarely get to see you in the morning before you leave. I tried my hardest to wake up earlier this time so I can at least greet you goodbye for once."

He chuckled and kissed the top of your head. "You're sweet," he said gently. "Thank you, darling." He entwined his fingers with yours and swung your arms from side to side. "I wish I could just stay with you all day."

You pouted and looked up at him. "Do you really have to leave right now? I want to make you breakfast."

Upon hearing that, Yonghwa emitted a noise of approval. "I guess I could be a little late today... but only if you're planning on preparing something like cereal."

"How little is 'a little'?" you questioned.

He smirked at you. "What else do you have planned?"

Shaking your head, you squeezed his hand roughly. "Wow, your mind is totally in the gutter today. I asked so I know what to prepare depending on how much time you have."

"Of course, sweetheart, of course. You know I'm only kidding. Just let me get dressed first."

You nodded and released his hand.

"Unless you don't want me to," he added with a wink.

"Yonghwa!" you scolded, launching a pillow at his face. "Seriously, why did I think it was a good idea to marry you?"

He laughed again as he danced over to his closet. "Okay, all jokes aside, what do you think I should wear today?"

You tilted your head as you gathered your thoughts. You can't remember if he ever asked for your opinion on fashion- then again, you weren't usually awake the same time as him since you always worked later than he did.

"I don't know. Whatever you want? You look good in anything so I don't think it matters," you told him truthfully.

He smiled sheepishly. "Oh, you're good," he replied before throwing the pillow back at you. "But really," he continued as he turned back to his closet, "what do you think?"

"Hmm. It depends, I guess. What's your schedule like for today?"

"Well, this was going to be a surprise, but I'm meeting with an artist outside of the company. He's really interested in having me write his next title track! This is so exciting!"

Your face lit up. One of Yonghwa's dreams was to become a songwriter for other artists, so this was a very big deal for the both of you. "Really?! Yo

Please log in to read the full chapter