Final

Sky Full of Airplanes/Stars

Minseok thought it would be a good idea to take his girlfriend out on a nice dinner picnic at Hangang park. They could do a bit of stargazing on the blanket he had prepared (not the stereotypical red and white checkered one. Oh no, it was one of Minseok's old blankets from when he was a child. It had cowboys all over it) like the romantic boyfriend he was.

And yet here they are arguing whether or not those things in the sky were stars or airplanes.

"Those are stars." His girlfriend mumbles out of the blue.

Minseok looks at her doubtfully, "No, they're planes."

"Oh come on Minseok, you can tell that they're stars just by looking at them!"

"Yeah right. Then how do you explain those little red and blue blinking lights?"

The girl sat pushes herself up from the cowboy blanket and rests her weight on her forearms. "Are you realy going to be like this?" The boy copies her actions and looks at her with a cheeky smile. "Probably."

She rolls her eyes and returns to laying down on her back. The boy lays down next to her and pulls her close. "Come on, those are definitely planes! Just look at the lights blinking!" "Have you forgotten that stars can also twinkle red and blue?"

Minseok scoffed. "Psh, where's your proof?" The girl frowned and crossed her arms over her chest. "I saw it online. Just search on google whether or not stars twinkle red and blue and you'll find thousands of answers."

"You trust google?"

She was silent for a moment before replying. "And you don't? There are plenty of reliable sources on google. It's a search engine! There has to be legitimate sources unless some stupid twelve year old is messing with me."

He snorts. "Good point but are you sure those are stars?"

"Are they moving?"

Minseok says nothing and she smirks in triumph. "Like I said, those are definitely stars."

"Some of them are moving. Look." He points to the dark sky and makes his girlfriend squint at the small object in the sky. She stares intently before rubbing her eyes. "They are not. They're completely stationary."

He sighs and places his hands behind his head. "And you wonder who has the best eyesight in this relationship." She an eyebrow and turns her head. "What's that supposed to mean?"

He snickers. "Nothing."

She huffs and goes back to staring at the sky.

"Definitely stars." She mumbles to herself.

"Whatever floats your boat, sweetheart." He snorts.

"You know, if we were just going to end up arguing over the identity of what's in the sky, then you shouldn't have suggested that we stay and do some stargazing, or "airplane gazing."" She grumbles.

A pout appears on Minseok's face. "Come on, you don't really mean that. I mean, where else can you find a guy who'll make you stargaze with him on a cowboy blanket?"

The corners of her lips slightly curl up and she chuckles. "You have a point there. Seriously, why a cowboy blanket?"

"Because white and red checkered blankets are too mainstream. They're in practically every commercial where some generic white family is out on a picnic. But we're not mainstream. Besides, you gotta love the cowboys. I know I did when I was younger."

The girl laughs and rolls on to her side, facing her boyfriend. "You have a point there."

He mimicks her actions and throws an arm around her waist. "Plus, this is a pretty nice idea. I mean, it's a nice summer night, we had some great food, and got to do some, um, stargazing. But really, you don't think those are airplanes?"

She rolls her eyes. "No I don't, Minseok. I mean, look at that! It's not moving and it's twinkling brightly. It's gotta be a star."

"... Are you sure that isn't just an airplane?"

She scowls and sighs. "You know what? I give up. We're getting no where on whether or not that's a star or airplane so I quit. You win." She then rolls on to her other side.

Minseok bites his lower lip and tries to peer over her shoulder only to find her dark hair covering her face. He sits up and cautiously pokes her. "Hey."

She shows no reaction and he pouts. He pokes her again. "Hey, are you that upset?" She doesn't reply again and he purses his lips together. He prodds her before she swatts his hand away. He chuckles and carefully pulls her up.

There's a frown embedded on her face and he pokes her cheeks with a cute smile. "You know, it doesn't matter whether or not those are stars or airplanes. I'll still love you regardless."

He could see her trying to fight her smile back and he pulls her in for a hug. "Come on, you know you can't not smile around me. I'm like a bundle of sunshine!"

She snorts and finally grins. "You have a point there."

He pecks her cheek and beams. "Yup. Now let's get back to our romantic stargazing date, shall we?" She nods and they go back to being sprawled on the cowboy blanket, pointing at the shining objects in the sky.