two

Peculiar

two.

" Hey, " Myungsoo grinned, making himself comfortable on the seat beside the reading girl. " What're you reading? " He asked, leaning slightly to catch a glimpse of the book. " Paper Town. " Soojung mumbled, her gaze focused onto the printed work. He raised an eyebrow at the title of the book before rummaging through his rucksack for his own story. It had been a few months and the both of them had grew closer since the day he found out that she could communicate with the dead. Myungsoo learned that sometimes, she would stare at the air and she would move to make way for absolutely nothing but he never once told her that it was creepy and Soojung was thankful for that.

 

" Here. " Soojung yawned, passing the book she was reading to Myungsoo. He mumbled a thank you as he blindly reached out for the novel, his eyes fixed on the book he was reading himself. Chuckling, she placed the printed work on his lap and leaned against his shoulder, staring at the trees. Finally glancing at her, Myungsoo shut his book closed and placed the novel on her lap instead. That was how they were like, after they were done with something, they would switch back and forth. It was their thing, a little cute secret. 

Myungsoo was beginning to like the girl. He liked how she was so different. He liked how she ranted at even the smallest things but when it came to things more significant, she would say nothing. He liked how she would react when he touched her, like if he laid his head on her lap, she would run her fingers through his hair. He liked how she would say, " I'm sleepy " and then " I'm hungry " after that. He liked how she says his name. Strangely, he just liked her. 

 

" Myungsoo? " Her voice came out as a whisper as she spoke into the phone. Myungsoo was honestly surprised, it was midnight. Why would Soojung be calling at such an hour? " Soojung? What's wrong? " She didn't reply him straight away, instead she stayed silent for a few seconds before she spoke again and Myungsoo could hear the tremble in her words, " I'm scared, Myungsoo. They're scaring me. " The boy definitely knew who they were. He knew who she was referring to and it saddened him that he could do nothing about it. " Close your eyes. " Myungsoo said into the phone as he clicked the speaker button then, he took his guitar from it's stand and said, " I'll sing for you. " Soojung slept well that night, with dreams of Myungsoo singing for her.

 

Soojung made her way towards her locker and chuckled at the sight of Myungsoo trying to fit a rose into her locker but it was rather impossible because her locker was insanely full. " Oh my god. " She could hear him mutter and she chuckled even more. The boy spun around at the sound of her laughter and mentally killed himself before turning around to try and shove it down her locker again. " You know, that's going to be slightly hard, right? " She asked when she finally reached him, smiling. " I know. " He grunted, " I've been doing this for 10 minutes but your locker is a typical korean family storage room, so much sh it in here. "  

The girl burst out laughing, clutching on her stomach as she leaned against the row of lockers. Amused, Myungsoo finally stopped trying and decided to watch her instead. He found it adorable when she laughed, which was a rare sight because usually all she did was chuckle but when she did laugh, Myungsoo would stop and watch because it was too cute. Soojung was cute and Myungsoo would never fail to mention that. 

 

" This is really gay but I'm gonna do it. " Myungsoo huffed in determination as he shut the book closed. Sungyeol stared at him with a raised eyebrow. " What gay sh i t are you gonna do this time? " Pushing his friend off the bench, Myungsoo held the book tightly and glared at Sungyeol. " I'm gonna confess to Soojung and pray to god she'll accept me, you a ss. " The older male laughed and hauled himself off the floor, " God bless, you're not gay! " Myungsoo nearly dislocated his best friend's face that day. 

 

Soojung watched in amusement as Myungsoo ran towards her and made her hold the book that he had been gripping onto before he ran off again, nearly falling flat on his face when he tripped on his shoe lace. Shaking her head, she carefully flipped open the book. Her eyes widened at the sight, there were rainbow colored sticky notes in every few pages. The first one said, " I like you. " Soojung continued to scan through the book, her smile never once left her face. She had always liked Myungsoo and finding out that he liked her too was absolutely heart stopping. 

 


its 2:22AM right now.
my brain's not functioning well.
i apologize.

i know i haven't updated in months, 
and that's bc this is like a second account.
where i usually write stories and
update is in this account, muggleoppa.
so if you don't mind, please do check it out as well.

 

110714.