3

Dear My Wife

                The sun had already set down just like the other days. The only difference this time was that the small droplets of water started to fall from the sky.

“Nayoon-ah, come. Let’s eat…” consoled Kai with a softer tone.

“You don’t have to show that you’re saint and innocent in front of me, Kim Jongin! Go away from here!” Nayoon pushed Kai's body from getting nearer.

“Nayoon-ah, it’s already been two days you since you last fill in your empty stomach. You’re getting skinny…” Kai continued. He sat beside his wife. Slowly he Nayoon’s hair and kissed her forehead.

“Let me be like this. Even if I die, you won’t care about it right? I bet you must be absolutely happy that our baby is gone and I’m coming right after that. We don’t have to go for abortion because you! You had killed our baby first. You’re evil! Cruel! I hate you!!” shouted Nayoon. She slapped Kai’s face few times, but Kai just let his wife did it towards him.

“Nayoon-ah, stop it. Please, honey. I beg to you…” Kai hold those small hands firmly.

                Nayoon cried as much as she wanted. After that, she suddenly hugged Kai. Nayoon laughed hysterically, then singing some unknown songs. Soon, she kissed Kai’s cheek while giggling and clapping her hands happily.

                Yes, this is Seo Nayoon, Kim Jongin’s wife right now. Two years had already passed, but she was still like that and  Kai was trapped under the blanket of his guilty feelings over the years. That’s right, we will appreciate that person only after we had lost him or her. And that what was happening right now.

                He forgot that he has a wife whom he should love and care for. He forgot that Nayoon is the one who always stay by his side when he is down. Deep inside his heart, he truly love and adore her.

Seo Nayoon, my dear wife… 

**

“Kai, hubby… how about we eat dinner together tonight? Please hubby, please… Besides, tonight is our anniversary.” Pleaded Nayoon while Kai was typing his assignment.

“Yah, don’t you understand? When I say that I’m busy, means I’m busy. Can’t you see that I’m tired, tension! Are you perhaps blind? Before this laptop smashed onto your face, it’s better for you to get out from this room. Get out!” Kai drove her away.

                Nayoon’s face started to turn red. She tried to constrain the tears from falling down. She stood there, not moving an inch. Kai started to feel annoyed. He twisted her arm and pulled her out from that room.

**

“My one and only husband… I love you so much! Hehehe!” Kai read that message. He already knew the sender. He just smiled. But then, he didn’t reply it back.

“Oppa~~ why you didn’t reply my text?” Nayoon was sulking when she called Kai. At that time, Kai was in Jeju Island. Spending the rest of holidays with his friends while Nayoon was still in Seoul. Nayoon wanted to come with him, but Kai did not let her join with the rest of his friends. Because he afraid that their secret would blasted out.

“I didn’t pay my phone bill…” Kai half-heartedly answered.

**

                That was the old story ones, when they first got married. What Kai regretted the most is when Nayoon got pregnant.

“Kai-ah, where’s the bread on the table just now?” asked Nayoon while Kai was watching the television.

“I ate it just now. Why?” Kai asked back. She looked upset.

“Because I want to eat that…” she said. Nayoon pulled out the chair while playing with her fingers.

                Kai just looked at her in a glance. Pretending that he did not understand. Or to be precise, he did not WANT to understand his wife. For him, pregnant woman is a burden. Too much things to handle.

“There’s a bit rice left in the pot. Just eat what we have at this moment…”

“But, I want to eat that bread…” Nayoon came towards Kai. Softly she touched her husband palm.

“Please… I want to eat that bread too…”

“Yah! Just eat what we have, don’t be such a spoilt brat! I hate that!” Kai was getting angrier.

                He harshly pushed Nayoon’s hands. Nayoon became speechless. Kai purposely did not look at her face but he knew that Nayoon was looking at his face with those teary eyes. Later on, Nayoon ran into the bedroom while tears rolling on her cheeks.

**

“Seo Nayoon, DON’T! Gosh! What are you doing?” shouted Kai when he saw that his wife was climbing the balcony gate of their house.

“I want to take that…” she pointed at the bottom towards the baby’s milk bottle.

                Kai looked down, he suddenly became a bit scared looking down from the twelfth floor below them. Nayoon looked so gloomy. She sang lullaby towards the doll that she always bring everywhere.

“No, we can’t go down there by jumping. We have to go out from that door, after that we enter the elevator. And then, after we go out from the elevator, now we can take that milk’s bottle. Alright, honey?” consoled Kai.

                Nayoon happily jumping. Kai ruffled his wife’s hair. Slowly he hugged and kissed her forehead.

“Baby, don’t cry. Later, Daddy will take your bottle back. Don’t cry… you are a good girl right…?” Nayoon coaxed her ‘baby’. Kai also pretending that he was calming the baby too. From now on, Kai had promised to himself that he will make Nayoon and their ‘baby’ happy.

**

“Quiet! Shut up I say! Why are you so stubborn? Shut up!!!” Nayoon suddenly shouting while she kept shaking the doll. At that time, both of them were inside the elevator.

“Honey, what’s wrong?”

“Our baby is a bad girl! Bad girl! Keep quiet!” Kai tried to calm her down but Nayoon started to turn aggressive.  She slammed the doll and stepped on it few times.

“Nayoon-ah, honey please don’t be like this. Please… I beg to you.” Kai tried to stop Nayoon from being like that. The people inside the elevator started to give a weird look.

                As soon as the elevator being opened, Nayoon started to run with tears inside her pool of eyes. Kai could not catch up with her.

“Seo Nayoon!” shouted Kai. “Don’t!!!”

                Kai yelled as loud as he can when Nayoon kept running without looking back. The ice truck driver could not control his speed and before he could even stepped on the brake, DUM! A loud sound could be heard. Kai was caught perplexed.

“My wife!!!!!” He quickly ran towards his wife and prayed inside his heart,

“God, give me a chance. I love her. I love my wife. Please, don’t leave me alone. I need you…”