oo3

   ✻⋮ serenade
FkyKHfv.png
동삼대학교
동삼대학교
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
동삼대학교
k3bEgD0.png
view more
p4w7wAL.png
55TG2H9.png
55TG2H9.png
Tw6PlC8.png
55TG2H9.png
65TFeIV.png
Chapter 3
8 seconds ago
Everything changed: my wardrobe, my social status, my evening plans - everything. I have no idea how it happened, but my well-structured, organized, conventional life as an invisible university student completely flipped. In its place, the life of an SM trainee took over. Nothing felt real anymore. I'm still the same girl, attending the same school, eating with the same friends, but none of it is the same. None of it feels like it did a week ago. And I have no idea what I want to do about it.
"And take it into a spin. There we go. Ah, wait, Miss Hwang?"

I jump at the sound of my name being called out. Standing straight, I look nervously towards the teacher.

"Y-yes?"

"Don't you think you're being disrespectful? There are students here that dream of making it on the stage, and you don't seem like your even trying."

"U-um, I promise to work harder."

"Good. You have a long way to go if you ever want to debut."
"The key to becoming an SM rapper is vastly different from the underground. Keep that in mind as we continue. For every idol, the lyrics won't matter, the songwriters will work on that. For you, it's the delivery that matters. Pronunciation, flow - these are the only aspects that you should focus on. Now, who would like to demonstrate?"
Circumstances shape every person. My own have taught me that I'm not a quitter. Not by a long shot. But when I'm hogtied and into the world of music, I'm a fish out of water. Looking at the evaluation slip in front of me, I felt, for the first time in a long time, like I just need to stop.

I failed my evaluations. Save for singing and songwriting, SM views me as useless. And I know what's next. Such a big company has no use for a small fry like myself. I might as well quit while I'm ahead.

I solemnly walk down the hall, headed towards the director's office. I hate to disappoint, but in select cases, it's simply unavoidable. This is one of those cases.

"Enter."

Timidly, I push open the door.

"Ah, Hwang Jooyi, I was just about to call for you."

The middle-aged man behind the desk stands and gestures for me to sit across from him.

"I'm fine," I politely decline. "Actually, I want to talk to you abou-"

"The chairman requested you meet him this afternoon," the director interrupts, not hearing a word I said.

"Huh?"

"He'd like to speak with you regarding your formal debut."

"I don't understand. I'm not fit to debut! I failed my evaluations!"

"Oh, yes, I already know."

The off-handed way he said that shocks me, and I don't know what to say.

"So...how? Why?"

"Hwang Jooyi, the chairman doesn't care about whether you can dance or rap. I myself am not certain what his plans are, but he knows what he's doing. I trust his judgment, no matter how questionable it may be. And at this moment, you are in no position to dispute him.

"I recommend you leave now if you're to make your appointment on time. I wish you luck."