[Chapter 1 - New]

Stupid Love

 

“Soo Jin, get this box inside too.” mom says from outside the house.
 

That’s me, Soo Jin, Kwon Soo Jin.

We just moved from small town to big city, Seoul. Well, my dad got promoted, he works in some industry. The fact is I don’t know what exactly he does. I only know he got promoted as a… as a.. See what I mean, I don’t even know that, coming from his only daughter. If he knows the true, surely I’m dead. Every time, he comes home, I just say “how was your job, dad?” then he starts talking and talking. I don’t listen to him because I’m watching TV. Its just to keep him busy because he always lectures me about my studies and so on.

Enough about him, moving to my mom, what can I say about my lovely mom, well she is quite opposite to dad. He is strict, short temper, bossy, smart and she is kind, caring, less controlling, and a great cook.

“Okay, I’ll just put this first.” I say as I went inside the house.

 

My room is upstairs; well all our rooms are upstairs. Hehe. I went up the stair to my room. My room is quite big from my previous room. The wall is painted in light soft pink. There is nothing expect lots of boxes and some suitcase.

 

Our new house is also quite big so our rooms are big as well. We have a living room and a dinning room joined, a kitchen, a bathroom, 3 bedrooms, and an attic.

 

I saw Jae min and quickly I down the box and said “jae min, can you go get those big box?”
“Noona, why me, I can’t carry those boxes.” He starts to whine.

“Anyway, those boxes are yours” I reasoned with him. ]

“Well, those boxes are too heavy” he argues back.
“Well, I’m your noona,” my tone goes higher “I’m older than you, so do as I told you.” I slightly shouted at the end, so he quickly went outside, did I was told.

 

That showed him. Humph. I love arguing with him, I always win, no matter how. Shouting or punching.

 

“Jae min, can you carry that box? Its quite heavy.” I hear mom says worrying.
“I can carry this, its nothing,” he says in strong manly tone.

 

Kwon Jae min, my little nerdy brother, all goodie, goodie two shoe in front of our parents. He is just a show off, whenever mom and dad are around, he try to become all cool and over confident. He tries be all manly and strong but he just isn’t. But what can I say, he is the goodie-goodie, THE ANGEL and I’m the baddie-baddie kid, THE DEVIL in the house. That’s why Jae min is dad’s favourite. He is only lucky that dad hasn’t seen his other side, the annoyance. And I might even I his favourite but I don’t care, because I have our lovely mom who loves me very much.

 

Urhh - little brother, some times you hate them, sometime you just love them.He got his only brain from dad and looks from our lovely mom. He just turned 12 and I’m 14 but he is nearly to my height but still he is little. To be precise he only nears my ear. He has cute face because his eyes are really really pretty, sometime in light his eyes colour turns to golden but mostly brown, don’t know how.

If only he didn’t wear those big black nerdy glasses, he could look quite like from those Japanese’s manga comic’s character.
 

Well me again, Kwon Soo Jin, I got both look from both of parents. 50/50. My eyes got from dad, I got deep black. Nose and ears from dad as well. Average nose and average ears. From our lovely mom I got the lips, hair, and the skin. Fine lips, straight black hair, and fine skin tone.

Dad is quite smart and mom is average. My dad always says how did I got this stupid brain.

 

I can see he is really struggling. His expression is classic, he was biting his lower lips. If you see his face, you would found it funny.

 

“Phuff…hahhaha...” I came walking outside laughing from his funny expression.

“Oh really? Then you can do these boxes as well later” I add in amusing tone pointing those heavy boxes.

 

He pauses for a second and gulp his fear down his throat.

“Sure, I can anything.” He quickly says it and hurries inside with the heavy box in his hand.

 

 

“Mom, where’s dad?” I asked her.
“He is bringing some of the new furnitures,” she answers in her soft voice.

“Oh okay, me and Jae min will put these boxes inside.” I said as I picked up less heavy box.
“Yeah, you both do those; I’ll take these out of the truck.” She said, taking the chairs out the lorry.

 

I turned around and Jae min was coming outside looking at hands. His hands were slightly red.
 

“You sure, you can handle them?” I asked looking at his hands in sarcastic voice.

“Of course, that was nothing.” He said, making his head high.

“Fine, scream if you need help.” I said as I walked past him.

“I’m not that weak,” he shouts behind my back.

 

======

 

I was putting down the stacks of chairs when I heard jae min scream.

 

“NOONAAAA”

 

 I looked at the clock. Hmm. I lasted long then I thought.

I rushed out and  I cross my arm. I waited him to ask me directly for need of help. He stared at me then the boxes. My lips formed into grin.

 

“Okay, okay, I need you help” he says quickly and look away.

“That not the words I wanted to hear,” I said.

“I need your help, noona”

“Where the pretty words I wanted to hear?” i say putting my right hand behind the ear. I pretended I was deaf person

“I need your help nonna. Can you please help me?!” he says finally hear the word of begging.

“Of course I will help you, after all you are my little brother begging for help,” I said sweetly and his face darkens and glares at me but that does scare me.

 

“What are you looking at me for; didn’t you beg me to help you?” I said. He was still giving me his deadly glare but his glare wasn’t that deadly to scare me.

 

“And keep moving, its nearly lunchtime.” I said because my stomach keeps growling but not too loud. I could just feel my stomach growling of hungry. As I told him, Jae min quickly put up the box and followed me inside the house. Guess, he is hungry as well like me. Heh.

 

======

9 pm

 

Finally, we finished sifting all the stuff around the house. After dad came home with, our beds, and other new furnishers. We all worked very quickly.

 

Now, all I need to do is take relaxing bath then sleep in my new cosy bed inside my new room.

 

“Ahhh” I let a big sigh.

 

A hot bath is surely relaxing, as I had seen in drama. I never had very relaxing ever in my life. That’s because dad’s payment wasn’t this big before.