You said 'I do' and I did too

Making The Most Of It, February

Chapter One: You said 'I do' and I did too.


“I’ve learned that it’s not what you have in life,”


Howon stared at himself in the mirror as he tried not to let the nervousness show in his face. He felt that everything around him was stuffy. His suite was too itchy, the room was too hot, and he smelt a foul odor floating in the air.

“I feel like I’m about to poop out kidney,” Howon commented as he stared into the mirror, trying his best not to look like he was constipated. He sighed and turned around, wanting to get some reassurance from the person behind him. “What do you think Woo—seriously Woohyun?” Howon commented dryly as he watched Woohyun looking at him blankly with a plate of cake on his hand and half of it already entering his mouth.

“Huh?” Woohyun answered intelligibly as Howon glared at him, Woohyun stared down on his plate of cake and shook his head. “No, no I swear! This is leftover cake! I didn’t touch the—”

“Can you focus please?” Howon stated as Woohyun nodded and placed the cake down when he saw the serious face that Howon was sporting.

“Okay sorry, I got distracted by the cake. I’m here for you,” Woohyun stated as he stood up from his seat and approached Howon. “What do you me to do?”

“I don’t know! Make me feel better I guess…” Howon complained as he clutched his stomach and tried to push the weird sickening feeling in this stomach that had been combined from all the nervousness and stress for the past few months. “God I feel like I’m getting an ulcer.”

“It’s just pre-wedding jitters,” Woohyun said as he slowly reached for the plate of cake. “Everyone has them.”

“But what if I’m not good enough for him?” Howon complained as different scenes that raged from terrifying (Dongwoo saying ‘I don’t’ on the altar) to downright heart attack inducing (Dongwoo running off with another man, leaving him in the altar) flashed through his brain. “I mean, I know we’ve been together for—WOOHYUN!”

Woohyun stopped midway from shoving his cake in his mouth and stared at Howon with innocent eyes. “Want some Howon?”

Howon sighed exasperatedly as he went to the door and sighed in relief when he saw Myungsoo standing outside the door. “Could you get in here Myungsoo?”

“Sure,” Myungsoo nodded as entered the room with his hands in his pockets. Once he entered into the room he saw Woohyun greedily devouring the cake in his hands. “Why is Woohyun eating cake before the reception?”

“Because I know how to say ‘please’ Myungsoo,” Woohyun stated haughtily as took a big bite from his cake to prove his point. Howon merely ignored him and turned to Myungsoo.

“Do you think I’m good enough for Dongwoo?”

Myungsoo turned to him and raised an eyebrow. “Truthfully? No.”

“You idiot!” Woohyun shouted from across the room as he hurled a pillow towards Myungsoo, effectively smacking him on the head. “Don’t listen to him Howon, he’s just jealous because he hasn’t got the balls to propose to Sungyeol yet.”

“Let me finish goddamit!” Myungsoo complained as he rubbed the part of his head where the pillow had collided. “I said that you’re not good enough for Dongwoo because you never were. You were made for him. Being good or not good enough doesn’t even matter.”

Silence reigned in the room as they both stared at Myungsoo, making him shuffle awkwardly and rub the back of his head nervously. “I’ve never heard anything so cheesy yet to inspiring in my whole life before.” Woohyun commented as Myungsoo glared at him, a blush slowly dusting his pale white cheeks.

Howon was just about to say something when a knock on the door stopped him from doing so. Myungsoo approached the door and opened. Sungjong came in with a bright smile on his face as he surveyed the room. He was about to comment about the cake in Woohyun’s hands but decided against it.

“Are you guys ready?” Sungjong asked as he turned to Howon and his smile brightened, his eyes watering a bit. “Hyung, I’m so happy right now. For both of you.”

“We all are,” Myungsoo piped up as Howon turned to the smiling Myungsoo. “Congratulations.”

“Alright ladies save your tears for the exchange of vows, let’s get this party started!” Woohyun shouted as he approached Howon. He slung an arm on Howon’s shoulder and slightly brought him in for a hug which Howon gladly returned. “Make us proud Howon.”


Howon stared at the double glass door in front of him as he tried to fix the tie and stop his fidgeting, which he was failing. Any minute now, Sunggyu was going to start playing the piano signaling for Howon to enter and soon he’d walk down the red covered carpet to the altar where his future was.

Though he knew that most that what he was feeling was just pre-wedding jitters, he couldn’t help but feel thankful for the rest of the members who came and supported him. They had been through every step of the way and Howon couldn’t have felt more thankful for the people that had been with him.

“Ready?” Sungyeol asked as he gripped the handle of the door and Howon nodded, a smile on his face.

“I am,” Howon nodded as Sungyeol grinned back, trying to hold back the urge to give Howon a huge bear hug. “Open the door Sungyeol.”

Sungyeol nodded enthusiastically as the sounds of the piano floated and filled the air, making Howon’s heart swell. Everyone turned to him the moment the double doors opened but his eyes were focused on the person standing on the altar, smiling back at him. Howon smiled back warmly and took small steps towards the altar as he tried not to laugh at the reddened eyes of Sungjong standing on the side of the altar or the fact that Sunggyu was trying very hard not to look like he was sobbing. He was greatly touched at the sight of Woohyun looking at him with pride and signaling him with a discreet thumbs up, he even caught Myungsoo looking away and wiping away some tears.

Howon’s eyes connected with Dongwoo’s and funny enough he could see his whole future with him. He could see Dongwoo welcoming him home every night, he could see Dongwoo preparing dinner for them to eat, and he could even see Dongwoo and him preparing themselves to adopt a new family member into their life.

He saw it all. He’s future and Dongwoo’s.

Funny thing was,

When he saw Dongwoo with that bright smile on his face and eyes that sparkled so brilliantly.

Howon wasn’t scared at all.


“But whom you have in your life that counts.”


A/N: How do you Yadong ; u ; someone help me…