-one-

Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-one-

 

"You like her, don't you?" Jiyong looked at him at the corner of his eyes, his lips on an ugly frown as his hands clutched the straps of his bag pack. "Who?" Seunghyun looked at him as the latter rolled his eyes. "Who else?" he hissed, scratching his hair. "Dara?" Jiyong's frowned deepened. "Ji, it's okay to admit that you like her," Seunghyun laughed as Jiyong looked at him with an incredulous tomato red expression.

 

"What the !" Seunghyun looked at him smugly. "I don't like her, she's too girly, too irritating! Too innocent!" and Kwon Jiyong began his endless daily rant of Park Sandara. When it came to the lady, he just never ran out of the words to say. He always has new words to describe her, new ways to annoy the hell out of her. "Too beautiful?" Seunghyun smiled widely at him as Jiyong didn't hold himself and attacked him. He head locked the other guy until it was begging for him to release him yet he wouldn't as much as hear him. "Ji, come on, it's not as if, I'll tell Dara that you liked her." Seunghyun whinned. Jiyong quickly pushed him away. "I don't like her!" Seunghyun laughed at how red his face was and Jiyong kept on shouting that he will kill him one day because he was just seriously irritating like hell.

 

"I like her." Seunghyun said after laughing, looking at him with a serious expression. Jiyong stopped at what he was about to say and looked at him, silenced. He knew that he liked her, half of the kids in the town do, even those sixth graders like her and they were only in fourth grade. "I like her a lot." Jiyong snapped his head in front of them and started walking, he pushed both hand inside his pockets. "Everyone does," he mumbled. "Like her, I mean," he sighed. Jiyong smiled, draping his arm on his shoulder pulling him close. "And she likes you, you know, it was damn obvious." Seunghyun chuckled. He was just too cute when he was jealous. "She doesn't like me." Seunghyun tapped his chest and Jiyong looked at him with narrowed eyes. "She does. Every girl liked you," they stopped at the bus station. "But every chose you," Seunghyun looked at the road. "Dara liked me because I am a big brother material to her," Jiyong glanced at him, before tilting his head and looking at the sky. "But, she like---,"

 

"Seunghyun! Jiyong!" they both turned their heads to her direction. She was jogging her way to them, pressing against her chest the sandwich that she bought for the three of them. "Hello," she smiled to them and he felt his heart stopped for the nth time. He was seriously developing some strange heart ailment by just looking at her, and the way she smiled. "Here," she passed to each the sandwich. "Thanks," Seunghyun ruffled her hair and Jiyong snapped his eyes away. Why can't he do that? He tried doing it yet when he did, Dara pushed his hand away and frowned at him, telling him that it was only Seunghyun who can do that to her. Where the was justice there. "You looked annoying again, Jiyong." Dara said over a bite of a sandwich. Jiyong looked at her sharply and once again their bickering started. Seunghyun sighed before breaking the two off, since they were aiming to cut each other's head once more.

 

Seunghyun pulled out two small gifts from his pocket, handing it to the both of them. Dara and Jiyong stopped their fight and stared at the one he handed to them. "What's this?" The sky was starting to darkened, the orange light was fading and a star winked down from heaven. "Take a look," Seunghyun said as they climbed the bus that stopped in front of them. Dara opened the small gift carefully, afraid that the wrapper might broke as Jiyong ripped it off mindlessly. "Wow," they both breathed out seeing a golden star keychain. It was shining beautifully, like it was made of real gold. They took their usual seat third row from behind. Jiyong sat next to the window followed by Dara then Seunghyun. "I also have mine," Seunghyun smiled, showing them the key chain on his I.D. "Where did you got this, they look authentic." He watched as it glimmered when the lights kissed it, his thumb rubbed on it as if making it shine more. "It doesn't matter, these stars has magic, they will keep us together, like how a constellation can't be without the others." Jiyong at his cheesiness as Dara started scolding Jiyong, telling him to get a life and grow some brain and heart which annoyed the boy as he started another spectacular fight with her.

 

After almost twenty minutes, Dara stopped talking to him and just ignored him. He hated when she does that, there was no way for him to make her even look at him. he ended up watching the view outside the window, drowning his and her voice with thoughts in his head. He hated it when he felt so out of place, when the two of them were talking and he couldn't even join. His eyelids were heavy and there was a time that his head will lightly bumped at the cold glass yet he was too sleepy to be even hurt. In a few more seconds and he finally fell asleep, leaning his head on the glass. Dara looked at him before carefully making him lean his head on her shoulder and Jiyong snuggled to her.

 

"You liked him that much," Seunghyun chuckled at her as Dara burned red. "He's annoying," she said honestly. "And you liked him annoying." Dara looked at the star keychain that she was holding. "You didn't tell him right?" their eyes met, he nodded. "Where's the fun in that?" Dara chuckled, leaning her head against Jiyong's. "Do you think, he likes me too?" Seunghyun gave a shrug."We're too young to tell." He leaned on his seat."But we are the ones who knew how to love unconditionally." Dara chuckled. "I agree with Ji, you are a sentimental old man, inside a ten year old body." She reached for his hand and filled the spaces between his fingers. Seunghyun rolled his eyes. "Dara you're a play girl." The lady rolled her eyes before they broke into loud laughter. "Thank you for everything, Choi Seunghyun."

 

"If you are going to ask me, I want you to like me instead, because, you know, I am a better choice."

"Aren’t you conceited?" Seunghyun laughed.

"Maybe." He leaned his head against hers. "But I am good with this, I am happy that you are giving me the freedom to hold you and love you and Jiyong."

"Seunghyun," Dara grimaced.

"I know, I know." He looked at her. "I understand. Jiyong is just twice adorable,"

"You know, I like you too but…"

"Not as much as him. In the end it was the good guys who cries and worst, dies."

 

 

He looked at their backs, they were once again bickering endlessly. Today was her birthday and the two of them, him and Jiyong, decided they will treat her on an amusement park, because she liked amusement parks. They were walking on the side walk while eating ice cream cones. "Can you stopped being annoying for once!" Dara hissed at him, stopping on his track. Jiyong looked flatly at her before pushing her and knocking off the ice cream she was holding. "I like annoying you," he laughed as Dara tightly clenched her fists, her tears swelled and crossed her cheeks. He stood stunned at her sight, he was just joking. "I'm sorry." He said almost breathless. "I hate you," she hissed and there was something real and painful in the way that they came out of her lips. "I am just joking, here you can have mine," Dara knocked it off and she then pushed him on his chest making him took few steps backwards. "I hate you!" she chanted over and over again, pushing him. Jiyong looked at her, feeling guilty, he held her both wrists to stop her yet she was thrashing, trying to retrieve her arms from his tight hold. "Dara," Seunghyun tried to calm her. she had enough, he thought as he was trying to stop them from fight or in this case, Dara from breaking down.

 

"Shut up," she pushed him roughly and the keychain Seunghyun gave him snapped off his necklace, where he put it. It went flying to the road, unnoticed by the two. Seunghyun turned to look at it lying harmless at the empty road. Hearing Jiyong trying to calm and apologize to Dara, he walked to it, scratching his head. Sometimes, Jiyong does went overboard in teasing her. Bending down, he picked it up and wiped it clean. He stood up and looked at the two and the next thing he knew was a loud beeping sound, a flash of too bright lights and Dara's eyes widening. Then he felt pain gnawing in every part of his body, then there was something warm and sticky running from his head, down to his cheeks to his jaw lines and then he couldn't breathe, he couldn't see.

 

"Seunghyun!"

 

 

He lifted his gaze staring at the nightmare ahead. He looked at his smiling face, his eyes lovely and as if looking back to him. his picture decorated with a black ribbon and white roses. The room was cloyed with the smell of roses. It was sickening. It was dark and too silent even if he was standing with countless people who were staring at their backs as they stood side by side staring at his black coffin. He glanced on his side and she was wearing a beautiful black dress, head hanging low, arms limply, lifelessly falling on her side. What have he done? The distance between them widened, she was never this far from him. She had always been arm reach and so was he. He looked back to him, his fist holding on to the star he gave. Everyone was staring at them, whispering apologies and pities of their lost. They lost him. He was gone and he was not coming back. He will wake up and go to school now with an empty space beside him, a hole in his heart, a friend he lost over a stupid fight.

 

He looked at her, the moment he finally heard her breakdown into miserable cries. Three days of awful silence broken by her tears of his inflicted affliction. This was his fault. His tears fell and he watched her broke down. Dara buried her face on her palms. "I hate you." She gritted. "I hate you. I hate you. I hate you." She fell on her knees and he closed his eyes. "I really, really hate you!" she shouted and everyone just watched them. They watched her loathed him, they watched them mourn, drown in guilt and despair. "This is your fault!" he numbed on his spot, his tears came in endless flow. Her words ringed in his head, echoed at the emptiness inside him.

 

It was an accident, was this his fault? He didn't know. He didn't know. What should he do? Can he go back? Why did he died? Why did he did this to them? Seunghyun come back. Come back and make her smile again. He lost him and he watched as he lost her. Was this his fault? 

 

He covered his ears and yet he can still hear her loud and clear.

 

"You're the reason why Seunghyun died! I hate you!"

 

 

You're the reason why Seunghyun died! I hate you!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter